Green Tractor Talk banner

19141 - 19148 of 19148 Posts

·
Registered
3046R with 385a, 320R.
804 Posts
Also on Sunday I installed some scuff guards on my lower fenders. For some reason my heels keep rubbing against them and I have some serious scuff marks.

View attachment 792524

View attachment 792525

View attachment 792526

Used this from Harbor Freight. Not completely sold on the idea but figured for $3 is was worth a shot.

I like this idea. My 2 series had marks on both sides with no paint after 10 years of use, many with heavy soled boots. Might do this on my new 3 series. Like you said, $3 is short money.

·
Registered
28 Posts
It took nearly all day for my wife and I to move a 20 ton truck full of mulch. I’m beat but the flower beds now have fresh topsoil and mulch on top of them. And they look real darn good.
Also got the last of my stumps dug up. Now all there is left to do is fill in the stump holes with the last of the topsoil and toss out some grass seed.
Been a real productive week of staycation. Need to go back to work so I can rest.

·
Registered
2020 1025R, H120, 60D MMM, BB5048L, BC-4215
13 Posts
After reading about everyone else’s adventures, I finally got around to taking some pics. I’m still new to the whole tractor “thing”. I’ve only had my 1025R for a couple months and I never think to take pictures when I’m working, or as my wife calls it, “playing”.

Anyways, I pulled out some old field fence and did some light brush removal today. Using the Brush Crusher 4215 grapple made pulling the fence super easy. Most of the fence was buried about 6 inches in the dirt and entangled in bushes and wild grape vines. Only had to cut a couple small trees out, the grapple pulled the vines and bushes out no problem. Also made quick work of cleaning up the brush and moving it to my burn pile.

I couldn’t afford a 3rd function grapple, so I took a chance on the BC-4215 and man am I glad I did. To say I love it would be an understatement. It uses the same quick attach as my bucket, 2 pins and it’s off or on, no hydraulics to worry about. Sure you lose the curl function because that’s how you open and close the grapple but it’s a small sacrifice. The amount of stuff I’ve already been able to move in the 2 months I’ve owned it, without having to get off my butt puts a smile on my face every time I use it.

First time out with the grapple, I used it to move a tree that had fallen. I cut the tree into 6’ lengths, probably should have only been 5’ because the diameter of the tree caused the weight of the logs to max out the lift capacity on my 1025R. The logs were so big around, I almost couldn’t open the grapple far enough. Still had the tree cut and moved in less time than it would have taken just to cut it into manageable pieces. Everybody should have a grapple. Lol

·
Premium Member
Early 2017 Vintage 1025R TLB (260/H120)
1,310 Posts
@jcz & @StukaJU87 Great looking jobs!!

Cut the grass today at my property, will do the inlaws neighbors tomorrow. Really nice day out to cut too! No pics, but the pile of grass is now twin peaks! Yea, still a child here!

Ohhhh.... and cut the new grass for the first time with Hobbs (cut it last weekend with a string trimmer) that used to be stone that was removed, then was that pile of topsoil soil @Kbar pointed out. Such a difference... Ok... I'm going to grab a pic when the Mrs. gets home and I'm not on puppy pooped in the house earlier watch...

Before:

After:

It'll be reseed'd again in the fall, but what an improvement!

19141 - 19148 of 19148 Posts