Green Tractor Talk banner
19,421 - 19,440 of 28,675 Posts
@MarkEagleUSA I also use the same pump, on standard 5 gallon cans and the larger VP "Fluid" cans that hold 6 gallons. I'm at about 80 gallons on this set of batteries that are starting to be weak. Worth every penny. I do prefer to just keep the pump on thr large cans and once they are empty I refill them from the smaller cans to avoid changing the cap on the pump.

Not suprised about the more stable feel, the CoG likely lowered several inches due to the 2.8" increase in wheelbase width. Many many people have great things to say about the spacers.

@MarkEagleUSA I also use the same pump, on standard 5 gallon cans and the larger VP "Fluid" cans that hold 6 gallons. I'm at about 80 gallons on this set of batteries that are starting to be weak. Worth every penny. I do prefer to just keep the pump on thr large cans and once they are empty I refill them from the smaller cans to avoid changing the cap on the pump.
Something about great minds... ;)

I have three 5-gal No-Spill cans that I rotate. I fill when 2 are empty unless I need to fuel my truck. I try to always have 5 gallons on hand.

Hate to admit it, but the old body feels it everytime I lift a full can. This pump eliminates that and it think is cleaner and easier to use as well. And I love the auto shut off!

Not suprised about the more stable feel, the CoG likely lowered several inches due to the 2.8" increase in wheelbase width. Many many people have great things to say about the spacers.
I'm sold after only 1-1/2 hours of use. Plus it makes the Eagle look meaner with that wide wingspan... er... stance! :cool:

Something about great minds... ;)

I have three 5-gal No-Spill cans that I rotate. I fill when 2 are empty unless I need to fuel my truck. I try to always have 5 gallons on hand.

Hate to admit it, but the old body feels it everytime I lift a full can. This pump eliminates that and it think is cleaner and easier to use as well. And I love the auto shut off!

I'm sold after only 1-1/2 hours of use. Plus it makes the Eagle look meaner with that wide wingspan... er... stance! :cool:
Lifting the cans isn't much of a problem for me (but I'm not getting any younger) but the holding them with the EPA nozzle is what pushed me over the edge. I've currently got a full tank on Hobbs and on the MCS, but about 1.5g in one of my seven cans. I hate going to the pump to get fuel, so I try and get as much as I can when there. (Also buy the bigger gas tanks on my truck as well, for the same reason). That pump basically means everytime the tractor is parked for the day, it's getting filled up. Before the pump, it was running on E so a full can could be dumped in one pour.

If someone is working with the 5ish gallon cans, that pump is OUTSTANDING!

Something about great minds...
I've got a couple of those TeraPumps myself - one for my gas cans, one for the diesel cans. Saves a lot of effort, especially when fueling the tractor.

I have to give Sully's great mind credit for me buying them! A year or so ago he started a thread about handing big jugs and posted the link for the pump. A simple, relatively inexpensive solution to fueling my equipment.

I have to give Sully's great mind credit for me buying them! A year or so ago he started a thread about handing big jugs and posted the link for the pump. A simple, relatively inexpensive solution to fueling my equipment.
Yup, Sulley's post got my mind spinning and I finally took the plunge. ;)

I've got a couple of those TeraPumps myself - one for my gas cans, one for the diesel cans. Saves a lot of effort, especially when fueling the tractor.

Yup, Sulley's post got my mind spinning and I finally took the plunge. ;)
Double ditto here.

I bought a 1025R three weeks ago (and have 30 hours on it now, so averaging 10 hours a week so far). I knew I needed a few fuel cans, and saw that same post.

I jumped right in with buying 2 VP square jugs and the TerraPump with extra long hose and longer body that can reach the bottom of the VP jugs. It's a great system, and 2 more cans are ordered now that they've proven their value to me. The only thing I would improve is the hose itself. The weight of the fuel in the hose seems like it might kink and damage the section of hose right next to the black tank clip over time; it gets a sharp bend in it. So, I simply hold the hose up to keep it from kinking.

When I pull the tractor out of the garage the yellow fuel can is placed to block the door as a reminder to lower the ROPS. After using the tractor I hit it with a leaf blower, top off the tank, and park.

Really appreciate these kinds of tips to start off right.

It’s sprinkling in Shoreline right now. Not enough for trees but should keep the dust down for a couple days
Did that here too. Not that you could tell an hour later.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Mowed tonight. The ground is slick from all the rain we've had and the grass was damper than I'd like, but with more rain coming I didn't have much choice.

The spacers seemed to make the machine much more stable on the side hills. Wasn't sure 1.4" per side would be noticeable but it is (unless I'm suffering from the placebo affect).

I also got to try my new Tera Pump. The model I bought comes with 3 adapters for various gas cans and one fits my No-Spill cans perfectly. I like this model for that feature alone as the others just drop in loosely.

Pumps about as fast as I can pour from the No-Spill nozzle (2.4 gal/min) and it has an auto shut-off sensor that actually works.

I'm quite pleased with the performance on its first use.

View attachment 796180

View attachment 796182

View attachment 796181

I have 3 of the Terra Pumps, one for diesel, one for gasoline and one for........a spare, I guess, but I actually keep it on the gasoline fuel jugs. They are very handy and I have come to rely on them when I am getting ready to use the machines. Stick the hose in and push the button and then gather the other tools, etc., instead of standing there balancing the fuel jugs.....

For those who use the large "Racing Fuel Jugs" or the VP Fuel jugs like I do, order this filler cap for use with the Terra Pump. It fits the jugs the best and threads on and off the jugs easily. Plus the Terra Pump, using one of the adapters included, screw right onto the cap.

The fuel gauges on the new ExMarks are slow and it always shows at least one bar of tank space when the Terra Pump shuts off. But when I look into the tank, the fuel is right at the base of the plastic clamp on filler hose. Then, after a minute or so, the fuel gauge shows "FULL", but if I were relying on the fuel gauge to fill the tanks, I would be wasting fuel for sure as the gauges seem to always run behind the actual capacity..................Nothing dulls paint faster on mower decks and machines, than spilling fuel on it...........Plus at $4 a gallon, you surely don't want to waste it......

I find the Terra Pump is very handy for filling the tank on the Billy Goat blower, etc, which are probably 1. to 1.5 gallon tanks. They have the fuel screen system in the filler neck and its hard to see the actual fuel level when you have to use a funnel to fill the fuel. Using the Terra Pump, you can clamp the filler tube to the tank or just hold it and watch the fuel level. Sure is nice to not be tipping fuel jugs all of the time to be filling equipment............I run the Blue Energizer Electronic Batteries in the pumps and they last much longer than standard AA batteries, probably 3 to 4x as long as "base AA batteries".........

The only thing I would improve is the hose itself. The weight of the fuel in the hose seems like it might kink and damage the section of hose right next to the black tank clip over time; it gets a sharp bend in it. So, I simply hold the hose up to keep it from kinking.
I will say that even with a LOT of use, the hose hasn't been a problem on any of my Terra Pumps, even though I have had the very same concerns about the fuel hose. The way it clips to the lip of the filler neck on the 1025r is an extreme angle for sure, so I just keep the fuel jug as close to the tire as possible, to help mitigate the stress on the fuel hose and let it use the natural hose shape for the arch up into the fuel tank.......It fills the 1025r tank right to the bottom of the filler neck, which is what I want it to do.

Even in below zero weather, that pump lifts the thick diesel fuel straight up the hose to the 1025r fill tank. I did find the Blue energizer batteries provided the extra "oomph" needed to pump the near syrup which diesel fuel comes to resemble in the extreme cold (-20F+)

And yes, for those who have read my posts, I ALWAYS treat all fuel, both gasoline and diesel fuel, all year long.

I'm going to use my tractor and go mow. Later...

Those terra pumps look like a great thing. i have been considering building a fueling contraption at my house to house the VP containers. Basically a pivoting shelf that I can set the vp containers on it. I was going to convert the standard hose on the VP container to have a ball valve in the middle of the tube/hose and have the hose past the ball valve be able to reach my tank. That way i can pivot the VP container up when i need fuel, stick the hose in the tank and open the ball valve. and when im full i shut the ball valve and pivot the VP container down to direct the fuel back into the tank. The terra pump might be cheaper considering wood costs.

I have a little bit of an advantage I guess.

I will say that even with a LOT of use, the hose hasn't been a problem on any of my Terra Pumps, even though I have had the very same concerns about the fuel hose. The way it clips to the lip of the filler neck on the 1025r is an extreme angle for sure, so I just keep the fuel jug as close to the tire as possible, to help mitigate the stress on the fuel hose and let it use the natural hose shape for the arch up into the fuel tank.......It fills the 1025r tank right to the bottom of the filler neck, which is what I want it to do.

Even in below zero weather, that pump lifts the thick diesel fuel straight up the hose to the 1025r fill tank. I did find the Blue energizer batteries provided the extra "oomph" needed to pump the near syrup which diesel fuel comes to resemble in the extreme cold (-20F+)

And yes, for those who have read my posts, I ALWAYS treat all fuel, both gasoline and diesel fuel, all year long.
I'm sure you've heard it before, but from this new guy, thanks for the solid info you've shared. Rather than fiddling with other less ideal options I was able to ultimately save money by buying once. Really do appreciate that.

As for fuel treatment for these small diesels, what do you recommend and why? If you've previously explained, my apologies for a redundant discussion. I've used the search function and it seems folks are all over the map, but I'm leaning toward Hot Shots, based largely on this comparison :

As for fuel treatment for these small diesels, what do you recommend and why? If you've previously explained, my apologies for a redundant discussion. I've used the search function and it seems folks are all over the map, but I'm leaning toward Hot Shots, based largely on this comparison :
I use the JD product which I've heard is Stanadyne.

I use the JD product which I've heard is Stanadyne.
Howes here, but I'd imagine any reputable product will get you covered and convenience in obtaining it is my deciding factor. 😁

Power Service here. Cuz that's what my dad had always used in his log trucks & always had good luck with it.

19,421 - 19,440 of 28,675 Posts