Green Tractor Talk banner
19,461 - 19,480 of 28,675 Posts
Picked up a bunch of lawn mower killing rocks out of the yard. 😑
Got photobombed by the doodle!

All fun and games aside that fuel tank and pump are a bane at times because I’m here twice a day sometimes and the big iron is hungry all the time
View attachment 796524 I gotta get up a lot earlier than everyone else to get fuel which can be sometimes 1/2 hr outta the way. Sometimes I’ll make 2 fuel runs before the crew shows up at 7 on remote sites
Sounds like you and @MarkEagleUSA need to combine forces and add more fuel storage to your truck.

You gotta move the material more that 20 feet though ;)

It's down and it's going to stay there till I get good and ready to cut it up.
Plant Plant community Natural landscape Tree Terrestrial plant

Plant Tree Branch Trunk Terrestrial plant

Probably won't mess with it till after I get back from Michigan which makes it August.

I've got a couple of those TeraPumps myself - one for my gas cans, one for the diesel cans. Saves a lot of effort, especially when fueling the tractor.

I have to give Sully's great mind credit for me buying them! A year or so ago he started a thread about handing big jugs and posted the link for the pump. A simple, relatively inexpensive solution to fueling my equipment.
Sully and the rest of the guys convinced me to order the Terapump too. It’s coming tomorro, can’t wait. In addition, I’m going to try hot shots diesel extreme and follow Sully every third 5gallon jug utilization. Currently using the JD diesel winter treatment all year round. Will continue along with periodic hot shots.

Cut my yard today, 2.5 hours on Hobbs, used the MCS and kept an eye on the hydraulic oil temps the whole time. While cutting hydraulic oil temps hit 190° once and generally hovered around 185° with ambient temps in the low 80°s. It was a really nice day out and very enjoyable time on the tractor! Also spent an hour weed wacking 🤬, my least favorite activity! Between weed wacking and tractor time, did a total of 8.4 miles. (Forgot to turn off my motorcycle ride tracker when I got back from a quick ride after work).

Sully and the rest of the guys convinced me to order the Terapump too. It’s coming tomorro, can’t wait. In addition, I’m going to try hot shots diesel extreme and follow Sully every third 5gallon jug utilization. Currently using the JD diesel winter treatment all year round. Will continue along with periodic hot shots.
Enhancing the quality of the diesel fuel is always a good idea in my opinion. Basically, override everything the EPA has done to "help us" and by adding the lubricity to the fuel as well as enhancing its cetane rating, it makes the fuel burn better, make more power, produce less smoke and lubricate the injector pump and fuel system components.

As tractor owners, we can each choose our own path on such matters. I know from my racing days how critical fuel quality is and I also know the benefits of reducing friction in rotating assemblies, like injector pumps as well as the entire engine assembly.
'
I ran my original under floor filter and in the fuel separator filter past 400 hours and they both didn't appear as nasty as I have seen some pictured here on GTT with as little as 100 hours or less on them. I also never had a problem with the fuel system on either machine except the one time I ran out of fuel in the middle of the road and had to make the walk of shame.........

Just like some people can eat anything and not have cholesterol or weight issues (Mrs. Bear is one of those....) others have to be pretty diligent about what goes in to get the most back out in terms of performance, good health, etc. I am a believer in treating all fuel year around and also only buying premium, "Dino" diesel and avoiding the Bio-diesel blends.

I bet you are going to notice less smoke and the engine handles the power loads better with the fuel system cleaned and the increased cetane and other benefits of the fuel treatment. Also, your tractor's fuel economy should improve over time, I know my tractor has and I monitor it........

Please don't hesitate to send me a PM or Conversation or whatever they are called, if you have any questions about the fuel additives, etc. Always glad to help when I can...............

On another note, I see our GTT legend, Levi is coming to Michigan. Hope you have a safe trip, my friend and enjoy your time with family and friends........

On another note, I see our GTT legend, Levi is coming to Michigan. Hope you have a safe trip, my friend and enjoy your time with family and friends........
Thanks Sulley!!

My cylinder parts are here. They look right so far. Time to go take the cylinder off and find out for sure.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

I bought my 1st tractor a little less than a year, so I’m still a rookie and learning every day and you have helped me learn how to operate more effectively and safely… TY for that! Below I post some pics with commentary and would appreciate if people would look it over and make suggestions as to what I should do differently/better. There are too many pics to reasonably put in one post, so I will break up this story into a few different posts over the next week or so. Thanks for your help!

We had a 50+’ dead tree fall after a very long hard rain saturated and softened the ground to the point this tree could no longer stand on the creek bank it was on…

Plant Tree Natural landscape Wood Bedrock

The part over the lawn was not touching the ground, so I wrapped chain around it before cutting it, so I could easily attach it to the hooks on my bucket…

Plant Plant community Leaf Botany Tree

Then I cut the trunk and attached it to the bucket with the chain… then moved it off the lawn and to a decent work place. This work was all done on the lawn and I needed to cut grass so I left the mower deck and tkv20 on for this

Plant Leaf Vegetation Natural landscape Wood
Plant Vehicle Tree Motor vehicle Grass
Plant Motor vehicle Green Truck Vehicle
Plant Tire Tree Vehicle Wood

Plant Tree Natural landscape Shade Land lot
Plant Tree Tire Grass Vehicle
Wheel Tire Plant Vehicle Automotive tire

After I cut the grass, I started work on the lower trunk of the tree…

Plant Natural landscape Terrestrial plant Wood Tree

I’m gonna stop the story here for now, to see what you have to say, then will continue the post in a few days. Thanks for your suggestions!

Moved the dirt I've loosened up so far over to the other side of the shed to level that out a bit.

I really wish I had a tiller or something to chop up the top layer of grass before digging, or after digging, to bust it all up. Tough to spread all those clumps around.

@WCN1025 - Looks like you thought it through and did good. You didn't mention anything about rear ballast when the TKV isn't on, so leaving it on while using the loader is a good thing. A heavy, wide load like that can cause instability so moving slow, keeping it low and in 4WD is good habits to get in to. If I had that tree to deal with - I'd have likely made it in to a few more shorter lengths before moving. Since it was elevated before cutting a small under cut before cutting above helps to prevent binding and makes for an easier cut. Putting the chain s around it before it was on the ground was smart. If I was planning on mowing while collecting shortly after relocating that tree, I'd leave the deck and MCS on too!

Looking forward to your next post. 😀

Started putting the new shed/garage thing together today. Also had a the first need for the BoxBlade and the Piranha tooth bar. Both my wife and I ran out energy this afternoon to finish, but progress was made!

Cleared out the space!

Put on the tooth bar:

The stopping point:

Three additional comments:

The EA BB worked well, but needed more weight. Added two 70lb suitcase weights and that 140lbs made a night/day difference.

The tooth bar completely changes the front bucket. It was impressive how well it would cut in and dig - this is obvious, but figured that if someone is considering one - I've got no complaints with the BX Piranha Tooth bar.

Hydraulic oil temps: (if you've been following along)
No PTO use, just a bunch of forks, bucket and box blade use - Ambients were mid 80s today and the oil was never higher than 135°.

1025r puttin in some work today. Stuff was 4’ plus tall in some places. Really impressed every time I drive this tractor. The mid mount 54D deck didn't bog down once 😳 Rolled 70 hours on it today after my 4 hours of fun. Also mowed the yard and the neighbors yard and our shoulders on both sides of the road for about 1/2 a mile

and yes I semi selfied it on the second pic

Well I did order the parts to a 260 instead of a 260B. The only part that was damaged was the pushrod. The seal kit some are right and some are not. So I changed the ones that were right and didn't worry about the ones that were wrong. The only difference in the pushrod is one groove where the piston goes on isn't there on the 260. It uses the same o ring it just goes in a relief in the piston. The 260B piston has that relief. Even a leak there would be internal and slight. The bucket might not stay in place over a long period of time. No big deal but the relief is there so I used the 260 method. It works just fine. The 260 parts are 250 cheaper than the 260B parts so I am fine with it. The proper seal kit will work with the 260 pushrod if I need to rebuild it at some point. The o ring shown here goes between the piston and the shoulder on the 260 and as I said the relief for it is there just unused on the 260B. The 260 position is probably a better seal anyway as it is compressed in there. Well time to clean up the mess in the garage and go dig the last stump out.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

And if it bends again I am going to put a 2" cylinder on it. It will move a little slower but the pushrod will be thicker.

Anyone who has to do this repair some tips. Loosen the endcap before you do anything else. I put it straight back and set the pushrod on a ladder to finish removing the end cap. The cheap Amazon tool for the end cap works fine. There is no need to remove the top end of the cylinder from the machine. It's easier if you don't. Once I pulled the guts out I hung the end from my garage door with a strap so it wouldn't keep leaking. All in all it was not a difficult job.

Better put that guage back on and check the pressure so you don’t bend another cylinder Matt

19,461 - 19,480 of 28,675 Posts