Green Tractor Talk banner

What did you do with your SCUT Deere today?

4M views 29K replies 1K participants last post by  joshhufford 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I find it amazing how these machines make you say, yay I have work to do. Ive been meaning to collect some firewood for a few months now. Got 'er done today, and really quick and easy too!

See less See more
#19,501 ·
Finished that HF "Portable Garage". "Portable" ?!? I'll burn that thing down before I disassemble it and move it. However for the cost and convenience, it's perfect for its use. I've never actually had a high power (950lb/ft reverse TQ) pneumatic impact gun get hot from use, but thanks to @duramaxsky for the 36mm recommendation- It was all it had to drive those anchors in PA shale ground. But it's done, it's about to storm and everything is under cover!

Put about an hour on Hobbs playing forklift and using the 3pt to move things back in, then put it back in mowing configuration.

View attachment 796987

Edit: And smacked my head on the half folded ROPS since I never use that position, n but needed the clearance to get in/out of the new "garage". Very curious as to how this thing holds up.

I hope everyone is having a great Sunday!
Mine got hot as well. I thought there was something wrong with it. The old one had better augers. They went right in. But several things are cheapened up on the newer ones.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

#19,502 ·
Wait…Of the 400 hrs I put on my tractor maybe 70 have been mowing so…
I was going to say I saw you put at least an hour on it not mowing.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

#19,503 ·
@SulleyBear etc.,
I created a new thread this evening with some details and a lot of pictures of that "Mini Barn".(y)
See the following link:

I'll update that thread some more tomorrow with more recent info on it.

#19,504 ·
I mowed yesterday. my property is difficult to mow in anymore than one pattern. I wasn't sure if I would get to mow due to rain storms thru the area all weekend but it was dry enough to get it done. I decided to mow at an angle. it normally takes me an hour and 15 mins to mow the main property and another 45 mins when I mow the pasture area. Mowing at an angle took me almost 3.5 hours of mowing everything. I totally misjudged how much more time that would take. But i also mowed in low gear instead of high gear.

I wanted to mow a different pattern and slow just to get a nice cut on things. it went well outside the massive time difference, using about 2/3rds of a tank of gas and getting sun burnt. It was sooooo hot out yesterday and i was wearing a cotton shirt as opposed to my normal summer attire of dry fit clothes. I was drenched in sweat. but it was worth it. the yard looks good for the most part. I need to get the lawn sweeper out and get to sweeping as i have a fair amount of grass laying in some areas due to going over 2 weeks of not mowing a couple weeks ago due to it raining like 15 days in a row.

#19,506 ·
Moved the lights inside the ROPS after a close call with a branch yesterday. Also added rear LED lights(Amazon specials). This took a lot more effort than I thought. The toolbox had to be removed to fish wires, connectors for work lights are larger than standard barrel connectors and of course hit my head on the ROPS. I don't know who put those zip ties on originally but I couldn't come close to that organization.

Front LED replacement bulbs should be in today hopefully.

View attachment 796999 View attachment 797000
Your handi work looks great, but I just have to ask......If you were worried about the OEM lights on the outside of the ROPS and having had a close call, what about the position of the new LED's, or are you willing to sacrifice them as compared to the ROPS lights? The cost difference is huge, I know....(between having to replace the factory ROPS lights verses the new LED lights)........

Also, if you are near the road when using those LED's, just be aware they are very blinding to oncoming traffic. I have rear LED's on my 1025r (as well as front LED's and the OEM headlights also converted to LED) and when plowing snow, I make sure to turn them off when another plow truck or vehicle is nearby and they do the same.

The benefit of all of the lights is great for seeing, but it can be overwhelming to have to look towards those lights when using another vehicle....something to think about.....take your tractor out at night and turn on the new LED's and check it out from behind. You don't want someone to run into you when you are trying to be seen because the lights are so bright, others can't see.......

(y) Just know I am not being critical, just pointing out something many don't consider as we add these bright lights to these small tractors. We are trying to see things better and be seen by others for safety reasons so we don't want to inadvertently add risk to the entire situation we are trying to prevent...........Good job on your light project...(y)

#19,507 ·
Thanks for the feedback Sully and have read many of your posts and replies on this thread, all very informative. I will definitely take your advice being new to the tractor world, only having a riding mower prior.

I did consider the cheap($28 LED's) as sacrificial and are much lower profile as well. The LED's are aluminum cased and the bracket will allow rotation to a degree if hit.

My property is at the end of a one lane street surrounded by trees so the bright rear lights won't affect traffic. Great suggestion though if a neighbor asks for help near the roadway as they will stay off.

The replacement LED's for the headlights came in and what a difference they made. It went from dull yellow to clear white.

I appreciate the info and look forward to sharing and receiving information from you.

#19,509 ·
I’ve spent the past week monitoring my dad in the hospital so lots of mowing in my near future. But I did get the ammo box installed…
View attachment 797205
Best wishes for your father's health improvements..........

Looks like the tractor is getting "inspected" by the Supervisors........

You will find the ammo can very helpful. I just ordered my Kenny Bracket's yesterday so I can install the new Ammo Box on my new Zero Turn. I have to paint it bright red to match the mower........like I did before. It's also time to modernize my "Kenny Shirt inventory" as the recent pavement projects have really taken a toll on my favorite work shirts......

#19,510 ·
It's also time to modernize my "Kenny Shirt inventory" as the recent pavement projects have really taken a toll on my favorite work shirts......
I was wearing my Kenny-Shirt at one of the big box stores a while back. Had two different people asking me questions about products. I told them that I didn't work there. The second lady said "well, when I saw your special shirt I just assumed you did." LOL!!!

#19,511 ·
It's also time to modernize my "Kenny Shirt inventory" as the recent pavement projects have really taken a toll on my favorite work shirts......
I was wearing my Kenny-Shirt at one of the big box stores a while back. Had two different people asking me questions about products. I told them that I didn't work there. The second lady said "well, when I saw your special shirt I just assumed you did." LOL!!!
I third the KBOH shirts! Love them!!

#19,512 ·
When I ordered my hooks he was out of stock of the “ big boy “ shirts so I didn’t get one. I was disappointed I couldn’t get one at the time. Now that he’s got another style I been sniffing around his site. Looks like I’m gonna have to make another order and get a couple shirts while at it.

#19,513 ·
When I ordered my hooks he was out of stock of the “ big boy “ shirts so I didn’t get one. I was disappointed I couldn’t get one at the time. Now that he’s got another style I been sniffing around his site. Looks like I’m gonna have to make another order and get a couple shirts while at it.
I ordered 3 of the "Big Boy" shirts yesterday and when I mentioned it to Mrs. Bear. she replied "Only 3?, why not a dozen like last time?"

Now I will tell her I was leaving some inventory for my pal, Kyle........Mrs. Bear always refers to my Kenny shirts as "Skyler's dad's shirts", as Skyler is also one of our K9 package recipients during the holidays and Kenny's Great Dane.........

#19,514 ·
When I ordered my hooks he was out of stock of the “ big boy “ shirts so I didn’t get one.
You'd think he'd know his audience! 🤣 If the tractors are doing all the work... the bellies are getting bigger with every sip of the Yeti!

#19,515 ·
You'd think he'd know his audience! 🤣 If the tractors are doing all the work... the bellies are getting bigger with every sip of the Yeti!
This was during the time he was redesigning his shirts and selling off the old ones. All the big boy shirts were bought up already so I was SOL

#19,516 ·
RoyW2 Prayers for your dad and family.

#19,518 ·
Pulled some yuccas today. Yuccas are like the most vicious and persistent weed you've every seen. The root goes down forever. Sometimes I get the root if it's a very small yucca. They come back in the same area even if I hit the exposed root with roundup. They also like to grow in soil that's like concrete. That makes digging them up very difficult by hand. So I use my backhoe. But the yuccas I pulled yesterday were right on the fence line. There's not enough clearance for the backhoe without risking damage to the fence. So I used a chain with Kenny's slip hook that allows the chain to continue to tighten as you begin pulling. I got six of them this way.

Some of them I got by just circling their base with the chain and pulling. Others I had to dig around the base and get the chain below the ball at ground level.

The yuccas got in some licks as well. My other arm was about the same, but it had to hold the camera.

Keane

#19,519 ·
Just got home from 2 weeks vacation Went to start the tractor up and couldn't put the key in the switch. One of those damn little bees filled the key hole with mud.

Got a pic and cleaned most of it out then washed it with simple green and rinsed with water. Let it dry. Started right up Let it warm up for a minute and started to drive. Engine shut down and could not get it to start. Key on and nothing lite up on the dash. Turned out to be the 10 amp ignition fuse. Changed it and all is well.

Steve

#19,520 ·
Just got home from 2 weeks vacation Went to start the tractor up and couldn't put the key in the switch. One of those damn little bees filled the key hole with mud.

Got a pic and cleaned most of it out then washed it with simple green and rinsed with water. Let it dry. Started right up Let it warm up for a minute and started to drive. Engine shut down and could not get it to start. Key on and nothing lite up on the dash. Turned out to be the 10 amp ignition fuse. Changed it and all is well.

Steve
Was the ignition switch the end of the bee's "activity", or is there more? Just curious, where is your tractor stored when not in use?

What about other "openings", such as air cleaner inlets, etc? Around here, mailboxes seem to be the favorite location for stinging insects. No wonder our USPS lady is always such a sourpuss..............

I found her "Official Key's" last week laying on a neighbors sidewalk when I happened to notice something odd when I was driving past on my mower. The neighbors are out of town for a month so I have been keeping an eye on their place. The keys were imprinted "Official USPS, Do Not Duplicate" and there were 3 keys on the chain, all well used. Mailbox keys and one door key, likely her entrance to the post office she works out of........

I called the post office to leave a message to tell her I had found the keys. Turns out our mail carriers don't work out of our local post office and they work out of another city. In fact, the people at our post office didn't even know who the carrier is, which seems odd, but whatever......

I called that other cities post office and they don't answer their phone. Everything to automated messages. I put her keys in an envelope to her attention in our mailbox that day, which I also indicated in the message i left. On the envelope, I wrote where I had found the keys so she would know.

I never heard as much as "GFY", which is about what her normally unpleasant demeanor would be expected to say.........I even saw her a day later and she didn't wave, didn't stop, didn't even look at me, even though I was less than 20 feet away. She just continued on her unhappy way with the scowl on her face...............Now, I should point out that I have pulled this same carrier out of a ditch with my tractor and pushed her mail Jeep up a hill twice with my snow plow, so she knows who I am........

Next time, I think I might just keep the keys...................and let her go through the hassle of replacing them.