Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,170 Posts
I'm about to order tire covers for the trailers. Except I forgot the tire size... Scamazon might not get my order today.

edit: forgot a word...

Reactions: Herminator

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
GTT gathering at @RodW. Florida in the fall isn't a terrible place.
88 degrees & sunny the next couple of days...
BUT -- Best Buy now claims they can deliver a freezer on Monday. I hope their inventory system is accurate!

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Bearings are for my Mikita angle grinder that has started making 'bad bearing' noises. Next on the 'fix it' list.
My Makita grinder was exceptionally easy to repair -- $9 and 10 minutes for a stripped bevel gear. (I applaud companies that think about and support economical fixes.)

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
GroundStop/Abort on the Makita angle grinder repair. I removed the part that holds the bevel gears expecting to find a worn bearing. Nothing, bevel gears look great and near zero slop. Humm, well, if anything, let's move the grease back on the gears. Reassemble, oh, what's this. The cutting wheel can still rotate when the clamp nut is tight. Fiddle, fiddle. This cutting wheel is just a little too thin at the mounting hole Ok, a worn down cutting wheel is just the right spacing to act as a washer. No slip now and the funny noise when running is gone.

I must have swapped in the cutting wheel and got distracted before running it. Never even thought to check the wheel when I noticed the funny noise. LOL. Well, sooner or later, I'll need some bearings for it. Into the Mikita box they go.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
The diverter valve on my wife's garden tub failed. While troubleshooting, I discovered that the hand spray head was also broken. We'll have to order a new head, but she says she has to have it tonight. I installed a temporary solution and told her the job was done -- she was not amused.

Hand tool Tap Plumbing fixture Wood Geologist's hammer

(I'll put the faucet back together until a new diverter valve arrives from Moen. I assume she'll have bought a new hand spray by that time!)

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
The diverter valve on my wife's garden tub failed. While troubleshooting, I discovered that the hand spray head was also broken. We'll have to order a new head, but she says she has to have it tonight. I installed a temporary solution and told her the job was done -- she was not amused.

(I'll put the faucet back together until a new diverter valve arrives from Moen. I assume she'll have bought a new hand spray by that time!)
UPDATE:
Moen will replace all failed parts completely free!

·
Premium Member
10,544 Posts
Replaced the 12 year old sunsetter shade at my mother-in-law’s tonight. I used my rolling ladder but this thing weighs about 130 pounds. Thankfully they had not changed the mounts or where the cover attaches so I could just slide it in and out of the channels. My legs feel like I ran a marathon though.

Property Window Wood Building Cottage

Building Wood Lighting Brickwork Architecture

·
Premium Member
10,376 Posts
Nice lookin place Herm. Nice work. Ladders suck

·
Premium Member
10,544 Posts
Nice lookin place Herm. Nice work. Ladders suck
She’s 82 years old and still works as an RN four days a week which start at 8:00 and end somewhere between 6 & 8. She has not needed to work since she retired after 40 years at a cardiac place. I think she took a job at her retirement party with a private doctor. She can’t weigh but 85 or 90 pounds and works on her little yard when she comes home. Could not treat me any better and I don’t mind doing these jobs. The rolling ladder works well because it is 3 feet wide and a platform, the only problem is there’s not room for two people or room for another ladder without removing the awning.

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
I bought these and they showed up today
Office equipment Office supplies Free reed aerophone Font Gas

So I could adjust the striker for the hatch on this and continue getting things straightened out, I want to drive it. BEW TDI.
Tire Wheel Car Automotive side marker light Vehicle

What I started with.
Tire Wheel Car Automotive lighting Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood

·
Premium Member
10,544 Posts
You’re definitely making improvements.(y)

Reactions: trav

·
Registered
2,706 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Yesterday we:
Replaced muffler on the Chrysler
Repaired/welded the exhaust on son's 3/4T Chev
Replaced starter motor on other son's girlfriend's Ford
Replaced the start/stop switch on the Hobart meat saw