Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
What brand and what backhoe do you run or your sub compact?

I run a JD 46 backhoe. Came with the 2520 when I purchased it.

I regret not getting a three-point variant of the backhoe. Due to the fact the 46 has it's own subframe, it's a huge hassle taking it on and off for weekly mowing, since it blocks the three-point arms and i can't leave the 62D mower connecting-frame attached (which runs off the three-point).

For all practical purposes, the 46 backhoe cost me about $3000 more (CAD) than a similar tractor on the dealer's lot, sans backhoe. Note: I purchased everything used at once, the only part that I know the exact amount was the mower deck (which set me back $2000).

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Another JD 46 owner/user here on my 2032r. Just used it the other day to pull some smallish stumps in an area where we are expanding a garden plot-it is an amazing time and labor saver, so glad it got it with the tractor!

I purchased mine used with the machine, also used (less than one year old and about 100 hours) so I couldn’t say what the up charge was for the 46 as it wasn’t broken down-I feel like I got a very good deal on the package especially since I got the coveted 9” bucket along with the 13”.

No issues here with swapping it out for a mower deck or anything as I don’t mow with the 2032r. I only remove the 46BH 2-3x a year, one of them for winter storage and to install the ballast box for better plowing.

Bottom line for me, it’s worth whatever it costs-even if retail.

Reactions: Levi

·
Registered
46 Posts
260 Backhoe

I just got my JD 260 BH not even 2 weeks ago and the total out the door price was $6756.98 (they had to get that .98 in there) lol that was the attachment, power beyond kit and installation of everything. I hope this helps. One other thing, it comes with a 8" bucket std. but they upgraded mine to the 12" for no extra charge.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Bought the 260 for my 1026 this spring, paid $5250 + tax from dealer, picked it up and installed myself.
How bad was the install ? 5k+ is already a lot I would love to save a few bucks and install myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
300 Posts
If you are mechanically inclined at all, it's not to bad. The subframe is super simple, though I had to buy a breaker bar and big socket. The seat isn't too bad either. The hydraulics kit wasn't the most fun, had to take off quite a bit of the fender etc, but there's a post somewhere showing a video even of how to do that.

I even used my clamp on bucket forks to unload the pallet from truck.... Very carefully.

I'm sure you could get your dealer to match that price. I bought it from Muttons in Ft Wayne, IN.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts