Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
Like you I didn't use the machines for anything, but performed the fall ritual. They got washed and waxed, fluids checked, new air filters, tire pressures checked, and the brush and blower installed. And all hooked up to the batter tenders.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Cut down 3 Oak Trees (slowly but surely I'll have my lot clearcutted :good2:) so I used it to haul the sections of logs...then I loaded them up in a trailer (sold the logs on CL)...
Then dug out one of the stumps which was going to be in the way...

Got the blade and blower hooked up...

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
I finished sub soiling about 2 acres.

I used the chissel plow to work up the soy bean plots I had for the deer since they were all dead.

I used the forks to store away some of the lawn equipment and file away some of the pallets of checmicals.

Loaded up the rottary cutter on the trailer so trade it off for the new one.

Moved about 15 yards of woodchips for the kids mx track.

Still have no washed it since I got it, so it needs to be washed before the snow flies....

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
Use the box blade to get the course grade around the tractor garage right.

Used the loader to bring in dirt to finsih the area between the tractor garage and house garage.

Used the tiller to "fluff up" the topsoil piles before moving them in. Will post pix when the area is done.

Still have to do the fall services, the B21 needs new hydro fluid...

Pete

·
Registered
11 Posts
I plowed 8.5 inches of new, heavy snow from our one mile long privately maintained road here in northern Minnesota. The JD 4400 handled it just fine but it sure would have been a lot more fun if the 3720 I have on order was here!!!

·
Premium Member
2,228 Posts
Nothing yet, 'cause it's in the shop....!!

Just wanted to say to everyone. Some may know me from TBN as jgrreed.

This is a great idea, by the way. Love TBN, but for focused Q's this'll be awesome.

Chat with you all soon.

-Jer.

·
Premium Member
9,065 Posts
Finished up my 600-hour service that was 50-hours overdue. Plenty of money spent and bad words spoken.

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
Nothing yet, 'cause it's in the shop....!!

Just wanted to say to everyone. Some may know me from TBN as jgrreed.

This is a great idea, by the way. Love TBN, but for focused Q's this'll be awesome.

Chat with you all soon.

-Jer.

Welcome to Deere Talk Jer!

Sorry to hear about your tractor. What is wrong with it?

·
Premium Member
2,228 Posts
Nothing bad.... it's actually a happy shop visit.!!! I'm having 4 new hydraulic circuits installed - 1 front, 3 rear, and a blank spot on the manifold for a second front if I ever need it.

The only unhappy thing is the snow piling up in the yard.....

I documented my project on TBN in a thread called "My new circuits".

-Jer.

·
Premium Member
2,228 Posts
Well that's not very nice, now is it???

I'll cut and paste my thread....

-Jer.

·
Premium Member
9,065 Posts
Thanks Jer. I am unable to go to TBN since I was banned due to this site.:thumbsdown:
So idiots Mohamed and Birdcrap made you persona nongrata.

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
Here is what I did on Saturday. An action shot.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,065 Posts
Randy:

Did you turn your ballast box extension into a tool box or beer cooler?

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
Randy:

Did you turn your ballast box extension into a tool box or beer cooler?
Hey, sorry to disappoint you, tractor guy here, it has to be a toolbox. :lol: Beer is in the house in the fridge with the easy chair and TV. OK, there is some in the fridge in the shop.

·
Premium Member
2,228 Posts
Here is what I did on Saturday. An action shot.
Man, am I jealous of you guys that can hang a blower off the front.....

Hope your all prepared for the barrage of stupid Q's I'll be asking to build my loader mounted blower!!!

-Jer.

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
Man, am I jealous of you guys that can hang a blower off the front.....

Hope your all prepared for the barrage of stupid Q's I'll be asking to build my loader mounted blower!!!

-Jer.
I'll start you off with a stupid question. Why would you want to hang the blower off the FEL?:unknown:

·
Premium Member
2,228 Posts
I'll start you off with a stupid question. Why would you want to hang the blower off the FEL?:unknown:
Sorry, I guess 'hang' is a little 'slangy'. I want to set up a highflow, PTO driven pump, along with a oil tank that's mounted on a rear blade, to run high flow-high pressure to a motor at the front so I can drive a blower, broom, or PHD...... that's my next undertaking......

-Jer.

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
Sorry, I guess 'hang' is a little 'slangy'. I want to set up a highflow, PTO driven pump, along with a oil tank that's mounted on a rear blade, to run high flow-high pressure to a motor at the front so I can drive a blower, broom, or PHD...... that's my next undertaking......

-Jer.
Cool, keep us posted. Actually my question was why on the FEL? But I guess it is not as radical as I first thought. The hydraulic motor would be the only way to go on this.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts