Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anybody know what I need for hydraulic gauges to check out my 1963 4010 diesel wide front, 24 volt, serial 36381 ?

I'm sure there are kits. Not sure what I need or what I can get by with

Any links would be appreciated

IS there a way to prime the front pump a little when installing or after the oil has been drained? It was really squealing when I started the tractor after trying to change the screen. It quieted down once it got oil, but was still making the noise it was before I tried changing/checking the screen

Does anybody have any tips or tricks for rolling the front axle ahead to remove the pump?

The 3 point is jerky going up. The couplings to the front pump looked good.

Fluid was changed. Everything looked much cleaner than I expected. No Shavings, sludge or anything.

Is there anything else I should do before I pull the front axle and remove the pump? When we checked pressure we had about 2500 PSI instead of 2250 - 2350

We pulled the line going to the front pump and got about 1 gallon in 15 seconds. I'd say at least a gallon.

hydraulic pressure gauge kit | eBay

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Premium Member
7,930 Posts
I am not sure what test ports your tractor has. TxJim might know. For main system pressure you can test from a SCV quick coupler. A Male coupler end, a hose and a gauge is all you need. Or you can take a male and female quick coupler and put a Tee between them to the hose to the gauge and check pressures of something operated by the SCV, or just plugged in the tractor quick coupler. If you have other test ports you will need proper adapters to connect to them.

For the gauge get double the expected pressure so you are reading in the middle range of the gauge. Make sure to use a long enough hose to be able see the gauge if you need to be operating the tractor while monitoring pressure.

Pictured is the one I put together for my 6415

Attachments

Reactions: Herminator
1 - 3 of 3 Posts