Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1025r with the power angle blade what else do I need to run a blower and can I use the power angle quick hitch? What do I do with the angle hoses if so?

·
Premium Member
13,083 Posts
I have a 1025r with the power angle blade what else do I need to run a blower and can I use the power angle quick hitch? What do I do with the angle hoses if so?
You basically just need the front PTO kit and the blower itself. You can use the power angle quick tach. You will disconnect the hoses for the tilt cylinder and use those connections for the chute rotation control. There is a pin that you will insert that fixes the hitch facing forward and prevents it from turning.

·
Premium Member
13,083 Posts
So do I need to add quick connects at the tilt cylinder to take them off
Not really. You can simply disconnect them back at the mid-SCVs and leave them hang there. That would make it very easy to switch from the blade to the blower. I wouldn't put it past JD to put something in the manual that instructs you to remove the tilt cylinder. I can imagine that with the cylinder still in place it will be very difficult to position it just perfectly so the lock-out pin can be inserted. You also do not want to forget about the lock pin and then try to pressurize the tilt cylinder.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts