Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We already have a great thread about folks using their Rangers or other SxS's for snowplowing, so I thought that I would post up some pics of other ways that I use my Ranger around the hacienda and out at the ranch.

We had a little more than 6 acres here at the house, most of it is flat grassland, so the Range gets used for mowing:

We also use it for working on keeping the trees trimmed up:

And we do have a lot of rocks to clear out of the fields:

It gets used as our primary hunting rig during deer season:

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Do a lot with our’s. Every day we check on fences, cattle. Keep a tool box in it so it our go too for tools in the fields. Hauls wood, deer, new born calves from pastures up to barn at times,etc. Moves equipment around. Of coarse play also.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
Our HPX Gator is the most used vehicle on the farm. It's the general driving vehicle. Dirt hauler, wood hauler, tow vehicle you name it. Pulled the Deering with it. We'll run into town with it once in a while.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Here in New Mexico you are allowed to drive your UTV on paved roads with the approval of the local city/county you reside in. You can only travel on roads with a maximum speed limit of 45mph. I am the third owner of this Polaris Ranger (A 2007 700XP). The original owner had a horn and turn signals installed.

We have not taken it into town yet (About a 10 mile ride), but we have made several trips up to our local recycling center with it (About a 6 mile round trip). I also use it to get the mail, which is about a 1/4 mile down the road.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Our Mule gets a workout on the homestead and our hunting property. I like the fact it fits easily in the truck.

In the course of the year it used to haul wood, run trap lines, spray herbicide, give the grandkids rides, move deer stands, general cleanup, and many other tasks. As others note, these are great tools for work and play.

IMG_4216.jpg

IMG_3254.jpg

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
35,699 Posts
Our Mule gets a workout on the homestead and our hunting property. I like the fact it fits easily in the truck.
JD says our XUV560 will fit in a truck box, I've never tried it.
I do like the narrow width.

·
Registered
21,175 Posts

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
I haul water, electric fences, general transportation, snowplowing, moving chicken shelters, moving logs, haul hay, feed, whatever needs done.

I have a 2004 yamaha rhino 660 and a 2009 700, btw.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
35,699 Posts
I haul water, electric fences, general transportation, snowplowing, moving chicken shelters, moving logs, haul hay, feed, whatever needs done.

I have a 2004 yamaha rhino 660 and a 2009 700, btw.
If you say so........................ Smiley_Camera-1.gif

1 - 13 of 13 Posts