Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
My brother asked to use my truck and trailer to go orange tomorrow. Am I wrong to say no?:laugh:
I don't let my friends or family use my things to haul scrap iron or junk :lolol:

Kubota makes a real nice tractor too...just not enought to be better than my deere!

Brett

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
My brother asked to use my truck and trailer to go orange tomorrow. Am I wrong to say no?:laugh:
Is it too late for intervention and tough love? :laugh:

·
Registered
4,261 Posts
Family comes first in my book. Can't say I'd agree with his choice, but orange does make a good product, just personal preference on what I buy. I'd even let either of my brothers borrow my tractor ... I'd probably do the tractor work for him, but if he wanted to borrow it, I wouldn't have any issue with that. My brothers would let me borrow any of their stuff too, if I ever ask.

Now if my brother bought an orange or red or blue tractor ... that would just make interesting discussions during the holidays.:lolol:

Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
IMO, you are not wrong. My own kids do not drive my truck:thumbup1gif:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,136 Posts
You could offer to go pick it up. :munch:
I'd loan out the truck and trailer.:lol:

·
Super Moderator
4,904 Posts
I normally don't let people with severe mental health issues drive my truck. :laugh:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Not even my Kidney Stone (wife) is allowed to drive my deere or F250. If it's going to be broken I'll have the fun breaking it:bigthumb:

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
IMO, you are not wrong. My own kids do not drive my truck:thumbup1gif:
I can't remember a vehicle in the family that I was not allowed to drive. I think dad got tired of hauling me and the horse trailer to rodeos, etc., so when I turned 16, he said, "Get after it!", and sent me on my way, by myself. That is the only way to learn something, is to get in it and do it. And after I had left home, if I flew in, I knew I could borrow whatever was sitting in the driveway or garage, not being used.

Of course, I was not picking up an Orange tractor either! :laugh:

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I can't remember a vehicle in the family that I was not allowed to drive. I think dad got tired of hauling me and the horse trailer to rodeos, etc., so when I turned 16, he said, "Get after it!", and sent me on my way, by myself. That is the only way to learn something, is to get in it and do it. And after I had left home, if I flew in, I knew I could borrow whatever was sitting in the driveway or garage, not being used.

Of course, I was not picking up an Orange tractor either! :laugh:
I admit that I learned from my FIL to not let my kids drive my truck. My oldest daughter turned 16 and he wanted to let her drive him up to the store. I warned him that she was not familiar with it but he said it would be ok. She drove up there and when she pulled into the parking space she hit the gas instead of the brake and hit one of those steel poles. Moses could not have parted the front end of that truck any better:laugh: He said it was ok but I know it had to hurt because it was a brand new F-150.

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,204 Posts
Three cars and my pride and joy CJ-5 Jeep got destroyed by our kids. My wife is the ONLY person that will drive my Mustang and truck. However I would offer to go get his "orange" with him as a passenger. Oh yah, and wearing a JD cap. :lolol:

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Go with him and make him wear a John Deere hat. :lol:
That would be interesting. I once made a business call on one of my customers who had a Massey Ferguson dealership. I went in the store forgetting to leave my Deere hat in my truck. All during the conversation he just kept staring at me. He gave me his T shirt order for his business, but as I was leaving he said to me "man you've got balls". At that point I realized what was on my head. Embarrassing to say the least. But he remained my customer until I retired. I was the best screen printer he ever had & I always delivered on time.

:clapping:

·
Premium Member
8,009 Posts
That would be interesting. I once made a business call on one of my customers who had a Massey Ferguson dealership. I went in the store forgetting to leave my Deere hat in my truck. All during the conversation he just kept staring at me. He gave me his T shirt order for his business, but as I was leaving he said to me "man you've got balls". At that point I realized what was on my head. Embarrassing to say the least. But he remained my customer until I retired. I was the best screen printer he ever had & I always delivered on time.

:clapping:
:lol:

Went down to the local deere shop to get some oil for my orange chainsaw. Didn't think about it but I was wearing my "orange" hat.

It worked out perfectly though. Someone mentioned it and I just laughed. Told him (service manager) that I tried 3 times to trade my 2305 for a 2720 and got shot down each time. Since I needed a bigger tractor and they didn't want to sell me one, I went somewhere else.

I got the Kubota hat because I went to the Kubota dealership wearing my favorite JD hat. Parts guy laughed at me and gave me a new hat. It's not bad, but I still like my old JD hat.

My neighbor laughed at me the other day because I was wearing a JD hat mowing the yard with a Kubota tractor. Hey, the hat still works, I just needed a bigger tractor. :hi:

Go with him to pick up his new toy and have fun. After all, under the paint it is still a tractor.

·
Premium Member
4,083 Posts
Not even my Kidney Stone (wife) is allowed to drive my deere or F250. If it's going to be broken I'll have the fun breaking it:bigthumb:
That's a first for me! Never heard of a wife being called that, I've heard the lead anchor, more that I can't print on this site.. but never Kidney Stone! :laugh:

·
Registered
12 Posts
trailer use

I don't let people borrow my trailer. Good way to get the fenders knocked off as most people aren't used to trailering, especially if it's tire track is wider than the tow vehicle. When someone does ask to borrow it I just respond, "no but you can buy it".

1 - 19 of 19 Posts