Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 1025r and want a box blade. For the time being I can't afford a new Frontier BB. I found this used Bush Hog for $325. Dealer says it has only been used a few times. Is this a good brand and will it work on the 1025r with iMatch?

P6140063.JPG
P6140064.JPG
P6140062.JPG

Thanks for your help!

Stew

·
Administrator
21,123 Posts
I don't know if its iMatch compatible. You can ask the dealer about that. The price is right though. I'd snap it up in a heartbeat if it is compatible. :good2:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

·
Premium Member
10,068 Posts
Not a bad price, and not a bad product. May be the exact same as Frontier! Frontier implements are built by outside manufacturers, then sold as Frontier. I can't recall who builds the box blades. Might be Woods.

In any case, should be a good blade. If it's not iMatch compatible, you could convert it yourself if you have some fabrication skills and tools. Or, see if you could get the dealer to convert it for you. Might require welding some new mounts on.

·
Premium Member
15,346 Posts
Nothing wrong with Bush Hog brand .. I'll buy it compatible or not can't go wrong on the price.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, guys. Very helpful. I just did a bit of research and it weighs in at 248 lbs., which is quite a bit lighter than the Frontier 2048L. Does this mean much in terms of build quality and performance? Maybe I will need to hang some weights on it. I'm hoping I can get the dealer down to $275 or $300. That would be a good price even if it is not iMatch compatible.

·
Premium Member
10,068 Posts
It's probably made of slightly thinner steel than the Frontier. You may or may not need to hang weights on it, depending on how it performs for you. You could also weld thicker steel plates to it. I wouldn't worry too much about build quality unless you plan on doing heavy construction work with it. Bush Hog implements are well built.

I noticed the lower hitch pins in the picture are turned to the inside. You can turn them around if needed, which may be all it needs to be iMatch compatible.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's probably made of slightly thinner steel than the Frontier. You may or may not need to hang weights on it, depending on how it performs for you. You could also weld thicker steel plates to it. I wouldn't worry too much about build quality unless you plan on doing heavy construction work with it. Bush Hog implements are well built.

I noticed the lower hitch pins in the picture are turned to the inside. You can turn them around if needed, which may be all it needs to be iMatch compatible.
Thanks, 56. very helpful. :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So do you guys think this looks like it's had little use? Rust doesn't bother me. But what about the leading edges of the blade and scarifiers? Does it in fact look like it has seen little use? If these things get bent from pulling too hard, does that effect performance significantly? How about $275? is that a fair counter offer to the dealer's $325 offer? Maybe I'm splitting hairs.

·
Premium Member
10,068 Posts
I don't think it's been used much, it still has most of the paint along the lower edges. Even the forward cutting edge still has decent finish on it.

It takes a lot to bend a box blade. You would have to hang it on something pretty hard. You could put a straight edge across the cutting edges if you wanted to check, but I bet it's fine.

Equipment and implement prices vary by region. Around here, that blade would sell pretty quickly for $250-300. I'd say you and the dealer are both right in the ballpark. :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't think it's been used much, it still has most of the paint along the lower edges. Even the forward cutting edge still has decent finish on it.

It takes a lot to bend a box blade. You would have to hang it on something pretty hard. You could put a straight edge across the cutting edges if you wanted to check, but I bet it's fine.

Equipment and implement prices vary by region. Around here, that blade would sell pretty quickly for $250-300. I'd say you and the dealer are both right in the ballpark. :thumbup1gif:
Thanks again 56! I appreciate it.

·
Administrator
18,786 Posts
Looks like a great deal to me, Bushog is a well respected brand.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts