Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Vendor
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Green Farm Parts would like to hear what our customers want to see from GFP! Is it a simple, yet efficient website so you can be self sufficient online? Is it more people on the phones for better call answering? Is it more people on chat for faster and more efficient responses? How about more promotional emails? Better communication throughout the order process? We want to hear your feedback!

Help us understand what the customers are looking for from a great e-commerce site.

Let us know what is important to you as the customer. We appreciate all of our customers big and small and want to do what is right for you as our customer.

Thank you from all of us here at greenfarmparts.com

https://www.greenfarmparts.com/

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
1)What happened to purchase history previous to Jan 1 2018? I can only see order's placed in 2018 and nothing previous.

2)It would also be nice to have a 'save for later' or 'wish list' ability in the shopping cart.

I have been a very satisfied customer and always been fortunate to get good communication. Keep up the good work and keep striving to improve.

·
Registered
487 Posts
when an order is placed along with the confirmation of order add the delv. of the order.
In the least if order is not going to be shipped within 2 days notify customer when its going to be shipped.

Your competitor ships faster, 2 days and 4 days (3 days ave.) from placing order to delv on my last 2 orders with them

my last order with you was 4 days from placing to shipping, 5 days to delv. of partial order.

If I was a business no way I'd wait an extra 2 days or more for parts.

·
Registered
21,161 Posts
I will agree with the shipping part - or at least the communication of said shipping. If it is going to take 4 days before you ship tell me! I am fine with it as long as I know.

Packing slips. I’ve never in my life bought anything anywhere that did not include a packing slip with the order. Why can’t you guys do that also?

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Ill agree with the others.
The shipping time frame is a big one for me, personally. I generally have a lot of things planned, and knowing when Ill be able to get to something means an awful lot. If its going to take longer than expected, Im fine with that, but I need to know up front.
I understand most non-common or infrequently used parts probably need to be ordered from Deere, but there should be a way to see that from the order side. Certainly you guys know whats in stock and what isnt, maybe your network guy can link the system somehow, or set up a code that checks the quantity on hand before the order is finalized.

Ive looked for a couple parts, on newer machines, that return no results based on the part number search.
Some places show prices on them and some dont, but when Im sitting here late at night looking up parts prices, it would be nice to be able to find them from someone Ive ordered from in the past vs someone I know nothing about.
That may be asking a lot, I dont know how it works, maybe they arent added until someone orders that particular part?
And I know there are a TON of part numbers, and having them all in the system might be a huge undertaking.

·
Premium Member
10,693 Posts
1)What happened to purchase history previous to Jan 1 2018? I can only see order's placed in 2018 and nothing previous.
That must be unique to your account as I just checked and all my orders are there going back to 2012. Which, by the way, I really like because sometimes I forget what filter or something that I used and it's easier to go back and see what I ordered previously than to check the JD parts listing. :)

·
Premium Member
10,693 Posts
Ive looked for a couple parts, on newer machines, that return no results based on the part number search.
Some places show prices on them and some dont, but when Im sitting here late at night looking up parts prices, it would be nice to be able to find them from someone Ive ordered from in the past vs someone I know nothing about.
FYI... you can always check parts pricing on JD Parts. Most of GFP "before discount" prices are the same as the dealer.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
More deere specific tools. I tried to get a special socket through gfp and was unable to. I ended up having one made.

It would be great if you would start carrying deere serviceguard tools, that would be great.

Also, if you could do something like a model #search that when a model was entered, it will spit out a list of service items (and the aftermarket options as well), that would be really nice. That would be pretty nice for quick ordering of service items without having to do a huge part # search.

·
Registered
21,161 Posts
Also, if you could do something like a model #search that when a model was entered, it will spit out a list of service items (and the aftermarket options as well), that would be really nice. That would be pretty nice for quick ordering of service items without having to do a huge part # search.
This would be awesome. I tried to do just this yesterday but had to go back to the Deere parts site and find each piece (maintenance items) one by one then go back to GFP.

I think it is important as far as retaining customers is to try to keep them on your site without having to go elsewhere to find part numbers etc. Once a person leaves your site will they come back to order?

·
Registered
50 Posts
That must be unique to your account as I just checked and all my orders are there going back to 2012. Which, by the way, I really like because sometimes I forget what filter or something that I used and it's easier to go back and see what I ordered previously than to check the JD parts listing. :)
I agree that it's nice to look back and see past orders especially for service items only ordered once a year. Thanks for checking on that and letting me know yours is there! Hopefully they can repopulate my past orders.

·
Registered
50 Posts
2)It would also be nice to have a 'save for later' or 'wish list' ability in the shopping cart.
I do now see there is a 'wish list' button available while looking at an individual part, but there isn't the ability to move it from your cart to the wish list. That would be a helpful feature which would help to encourage future purchases. I also do not see a way to delete items from the wish list. It will get very cluttered over time if this is not an option.

Another note...please put the 'Log in" and 'Account' button at the top of the page in the dark green bar so it is quick and easy to find.

·
Premium Member
7,428 Posts
Maybe add a "scratch and dent" sale section. Returns or Items that came to you damaged that you can sell for a better price. I am always looking for a deal :flag_of_truce:Open box items, etc.

A NLA (No Longer Available) section for parts Deere discontinued, but you still have in stock. Better buy it while you can!
Along the same line, Past Model Brochures (if you have or can get them). I know some of us would buy them (the some of us that collect) :flag_of_truce:

Bulk 5 gallon pails of HyGard.

List of wholegoods/bundles by model or a wholegoods search where we can put in a number and find out what it is. :good2:

·
Premium Member
7,428 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
What happened between 2016 and 2018? I'd purchased several items 2016 and prior for different projects, these orders were out of state and I was never charged tax. I log on to my account this year when I got another project in the shop and now I'm being charged tax. Ended up going with a competitor even though they charged me shipping. The shipping was less than the taxes would have been.

·
Registered
21,161 Posts
What happened between 2016 and 2018? I'd purchased several items 2016 and prior for different projects, these orders were out of state and I was never charged tax. I log on to my account this year when I got another project in the shop and now I'm being charged tax. Ended up going with a competitor even though they charged me shipping. The shipping was less than the taxes would have been.
Most states have now come together with a type of agreement where you will always be charged sales tax when having items shipped from a vendor from another state. It was only a matter of time until this all caught up.

Previously a vendor only had to charge sales tax if they had an operating presence in your state. Now forward that doesn’t matter. Vendors are being made accountable for collecting and reporting sales tax to every state. A huge pain for a small business to comply with.

·
Vendor
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What state are you in, it is possible that when you logged in if it didn't pull in the ship to address that was showing you sales tax, if you make sure your ship to address is in correctly and refresh the cart it should go away unless you are in Indiana, Ohio or Kentucky. Thanks Jason

1 - 20 of 27 Posts