·
Premium Member
3,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Little D5G today

·
Registered
340 Posts
Those G model Cats and me have never gotten along. I'm not sure what it is about them, and I fancy myself a fair dozer operator, but I have always had issue with fine grading on a G.

·
Premium Member
3,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
It’s the flat tracks. Gotta have the right amount of tension on them. I found tightening them up too much and they get real touchy. Too lose and they got no grunt. Gotta keep them at the right slack. Opposed to a high track that is a billy goat and is way more tolerant. We have a 6R with a 14’ LGP blade on it and I can fine grade with that thing as good if not better than the 5

·
Registered
340 Posts
I dunno. I'm good with a K model and any Deere. It's just those damn G models. 😂😂🤷🤷

·
Premium Member
3,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
K’s are Cadillac’s.

·
Registered
2016 1025r
487 Posts
I towed an unbaffled oil truck once that wanted to keep pushing every time I slowed down or stopped. There was a few second delay until the wave hit. Can't imagine driving something like that all day.
Yeah I don’t do oil we do environmental cleanup so we haul gournd water that has oil or peas we also do dirt cleaning and pumping out of factories that have oily water also it’s a job that choose you not you it put the pay is good and I’m home every night

·
Premium Member
3,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
It’s been a day mobed in 2 hoes. Used the big one to lower the little one on the hole and dig and set a manhole

·
Registered
20 Posts
. Yessir. This was all done over the summer in a 5K2 with 20 hours on it running a total station and the newest Cat Grade setup. It was a pretty sweet machine even without the automation.
That must be the Middlebury railroad tunnel? I guess you're in my neck of the woods--I thought the dealer sticker on that Bobcat excavator looked familiar.

·
Registered
340 Posts
That must be the Middlebury railroad tunnel? I guess you're in my neck of the woods--I thought the dealer sticker on that Bobcat excavator looked familiar.
Yessir. I was on that job for six weeks of nights over the summer. It was a cool gig! I live about an hour and a half Southwest of there.

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
I towed an unbaffled oil truck once that wanted to keep pushing every time I slowed down or stopped. There was a few second delay until the wave hit. Can't imagine driving something like that all day.
You ever hauled a trailer load of cattle 😀 ? Better yet an overloaded bumper pull trailer load of cattle. They like to move around

·
Premium Member
'20 1025R, 120R, 54D
785 Posts
You ever hauled a trailer load of cattle 😀 ? Better yet an overloaded bumper pull trailer load of cattle. They like to move around
Chased plenty over the years but never hauled any livestock.

Reactions: Herminator

·
Premium Member
3,266 Posts
Shoving a 50kw generator through a man door today. Wasn't too bad. You Osha folks look the other way for a second. The lull made it almost too easy.... even got an outdoor VZW cabinet inside the shelter. Don't ask why...

PXL_20201221_200436905.jpg

PXL_20201221_201537716~2.jpg

PXL_20201221_201818517.jpg

·
Administrator
19,812 Posts
The shelters around here look nothing like that!

·
Premium Member
3,266 Posts
Yeah it's a little different than normal. High rent area on a golf course in charleston sc.

·
Administrator
19,812 Posts
Yeah it's a little different than normal. High rent area on a golf course in charleston sc.
Are they putting up one of those fake tree looking towers? We call them "toilet brushes" 😁

Here is one of the first ones in this area, best pic I could get from a Google street view. It looks really cheasy in person.

·
Premium Member
3,266 Posts
We have a bunch of mono pines in SC and NC. This particular site is just a stealth pole. Sometimes a big flag is hung.

·
Premium Member
3,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
.....i cant get used to the later model numbers....to me that is a "3" sized machine every day....
Correct. Our previous 4 was as big as this but it’s just a number I guess. The minis are getting bigger. What used to be a 8500# 304 is now 10k with more reach and has no problem loading a dump truck

Reactions: rtgt and ttazzman
41 - 60 of 71 Posts