Green Tractor Talk banner
81 - 100 of 133 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,937 Posts
I bounce btwn United and H&E equipment rentals.

·
Registered
8,121 Posts
Well it also means we gotta shovel around all that material and jumping Jack it. 5 14ton loads placed and compacted by hand. Getchu summa that

mill be in the hot tub shortly
Ouch.

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
16,971 Posts
Didnt occur to me that United was national.
World's largest rental company. Have been for many years, even before there recent(5 year) acquisitions.
United bought out NES two weeks before I retired from the Crane Division.

·
Premium Member
3,937 Posts
A little orange never hurt nobody and yes it was terrifying digging around all that. We were going to hand dig at first but the ground was rock hard, so I scratched at it little by little.

Plant Tree Wood Grass Gas

Plant Automotive tire Grass Wood Groundcover

·
Premium Member
6,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
Shoulda just called a vac truck. Nice work

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Havn't gotten any real tractor work in, so thought I'd post some pics of my CAT 374 at work.

Doing some stripping today.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Couple more.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Nice 374! I don't think your doing all that work for a new swimming pool ;)😄
What are you stripping for?

·
Registered
8,121 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #92 ·
Big girl you got there Matt. Show the boys some cockpit pics. Better get some grease on that wrist pin :cool:

·
Premium Member
Early 2017 Vintage 1025R TLB (260/H120)
2,160 Posts
Big girl you got there Matt. Show the boys some cockpit pics. Better get some grease on that wrist pin :cool:
Funny you comment about grease... as I was looking at the pics and pivot points the curiosity peaked, how much grease is used on a "daily greasing" on a 374 sized excavator- assuming the machine is maintained correctly (greasing every 8-10 hours is my understanding).

·
Premium Member
6,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #94 ·
Funny you comment about grease... as I was looking at the pics and pivot points the curiosity peaked, how much grease is used on a "daily greasing" on a 374 sized excavator- assuming the machine is maintained correctly (greasing every 8-10 hours is my understanding).
Well most newer machines have an “auto” grease system where you fill up a gallon or so sized container with grease and it pumps it through small lines to the joints. You just gotta keep it full every other day or so with 4-5 grease tubes depending on the frequency setting you put on the system. Most have 3 setting and will determine how much and how often the pump runs. It basically squirts a little out every 5 seconds or so. That said, the system isn’t perfect and you have to manually grease some areas that don’t have lines to them like the QD and thumb. If there’s no auto greaser then a grease tube or 2 every day is used on the bigger machines. Smaller ones can go through a half a stick a day. Most quarries and pits have “Oilers” that are guys in big service/fuel trucks that visit the machinery and grease it for you. Operators there usually have a gravy job and can “camp” in the equipment without having to get out.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Nice 374! I don't think your doing all that work for a new swimming pool ;)😄
What are you stripping for?
I work at a sand mine. So we are stripping for fracing material. One we have harvested the frac sand we put it back into reclaim.
Big girl you got there Mack.
Fixed it for ya. 😉
Well most newer machines have an “auto” grease system where you fill up a gallon or so sized container with grease and it pumps it through small lines to the joints. You just gotta keep it full every other day or so with 4-5 grease tubes depending on the frequency setting you put on the system. Most have 3 setting and will determine how much and how often the pump runs. It basically squirts a little out every 5 seconds or so. That said, the system isn’t perfect and you have to manually grease some areas that don’t have lines to them like the QD and thumb. If there’s no auto greaser then a grease tube or 2 every day is used on the bigger machines. Smaller ones can go through a half a stick a day. Most quarries and pits have “Oilers” that are guys in big service/fuel trucks that visit the machinery and grease it for you. Operators there usually have a gravy job and can “camp” in the equipment without having to get out.
You are correct. We have an auto greaser on it. It is max setting do to the heavy use it gets & material it's working with. Its not perfect like you say but it works. Also we don't have any special "oilers". We do all our own greasing, whether it be filling the canister or hand greasing. So we do get dirty one in awhile. 😉

·
Registered
599 Posts
Mackford13
Looked like foundry or frac sand. I've hauled many loads of them in pneumatic tankers.
I use to be a greaser for the Operating Engineers. I should of stayed with it and been an operator, but decided to continue trucking.
I have hours on a Cat 330, Kobelco 350 & Komatsu ? can't remember the model :rolleyes: and always liked running excavators, but I basically just played with them. I don't know if I could do it every day.

·
Registered
6,045 Posts
This was actually a couple years ago but maybe a few of you might like it. My company (me and a couple others) installed a couple machines at a rocket company that shall remain nameless and they let us use their 100T bridge crane. Tiny 8K forklift was our rental. View attachment 797700
Everybody needs one of those in their garage!!!!

Dave

·
Premium Member
6,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #99 ·

·
Premium Member
6,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #100 ·
Well,
My 315 got dropped off at around noon today. I got home early from work at 3:30, jumped on it and dug up and yanked out 8 stumps in an hr and a half suckas

And yes I backfilled the holes as I went. Waddya think I’m some residential scrub?

81 - 100 of 133 Posts