Green Tractor Talk banner
101 - 120 of 133 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,280 Posts
Mackford13
Looked like foundry or frac sand. I've hauled many loads of them in pneumatic tankers.
I use to be a greaser for the Operating Engineers. I should of stayed with it and been an operator, but decided to continue trucking.
I have hours on a Cat 330, Kobelco 350 & Komatsu ? can't remember the model :rolleyes: and always liked running excavators, but I basically just played with them. I don't know if I could do it every day.
My FIL worked for Solomon and Teslovich (might not be spelled correctly ), just outside Uniontown, Pa. ( till he retired 32 yrs ago. and was in the Operating Engineers local.

·
Premium Member
2020 1025R, 120R, 54D
2,734 Posts
Well,
My 315 got dropped off at around noon today. I got home early from work at 3:30, jumped on it and dug up and yanked out 8 stumps in an hr and a half suckas

View attachment 797736 View attachment 797737 View attachment 797738 View attachment 797739 View attachment 797740 View attachment 797741 View attachment 797742 View attachment 797743 View attachment 797744 And yes I backfilled the holes as I went. Waddya think I’m some residential scrub?
View attachment 797745
Cheater! :oops:

·
Premium Member
6,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #103 ·

·
Premium Member
3,937 Posts

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
My apologies. I thought your name was Matt
No big deal. Its Jason. My aviator name is made up of three things. Mack which is short for my daughters name which is Mackenzie. Ford cuz well I'm a Ford guy & 13 for the year my youngest daughter was born.
Well,
My 315 got dropped off at around noon today. I got home early from work at 3:30, jumped on it and dug up and yanked out 8 stumps in an hr and a half suckas

View attachment 797736 View attachment 797737 View attachment 797738 View attachment 797739 View attachment 797740 View attachment 797741 View attachment 797742 View attachment 797743 View attachment 797744 And yes I backfilled the holes as I went. Waddya think I’m some residential scrub?
View attachment 797745
Nice work 👍
If I brought my 374 home I'd probably have half my woods gone. 😆

·
Premium Member
Early 2017 Vintage 1025R TLB (260/H120)
2,160 Posts
The secondary reason I have a BH for Hobbs is because my wife and I did "dig this" in Vegas and ran Cat 315s for an hour. So much fun!

After spending what was 8 hours of fun on the 1 series for 1.5 stumps it really goes to show the power of big iron (even if the 315s are only around 100HP) and having the right tool for the job...Nicely done Kyle! Done before dinner!

·
Premium Member
6,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #107 ·
OK so we have excavators from 304’s to a couple 345’s. Each has it’s nitch for certain jobs. As Mack said if he brought that monster home he’d wreck the place. That’s very true. You don’t get really good finesse past a 330. After that it’s all sheer grunt and power. You can load a truck in seconds and dig out an embankment like nobodies business but try to finish grade a building slab with a 4 yard bucket.

That 315 and I have a history and I broke her in when she still had plastic on the seat and brand spanking new. Some machines you just have a thing for and that some of them. It as smooth as silk when grading or digging footings and has a respectable amount of grunt to move a little material. As far as clearing and stump removal, it’s hard to beat a 320 (we have 7 of those). But the new ones require a low bed to move because of their weight and I can’t get a low bed down my driveway, hence the 315 which can be hauled on a 3 axle tilt deck behind a dump truck. I got no complaints. I also got that machine for almost a week and am greatful to have it courtesy of my employer who treats me like a close friend

·
Premium Member
6,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #110 ·
That is such a nice thing to have.
Yes it is and I didn’t come by it easily. I spent a lot of precious time of my career trying to find where I fit in and found a guy who appreciates effort. He’s a one of a kind guy with a handshake like steel and his word is just as strong. I’d move mountains for him.
He’s taking me along with a couple others to Cabo in Oct to go fishing. Love the guy like a brother

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
16,972 Posts
I worked for the H&E Pipeline Division back in '02 and '03.
We had only 3 employees at start-up. The Manager(a good friend of ours), my wife(Pat, Administrating Assistance) and myself(Field Tech).
We started with 52 Komatsu PC 220LC's and 50 Komatsu D65EX(w/winch). This division lasted only ~14 months. After that, the Pipeline Division was dissolved and inventory was scattered out amongst the other branches.
I did not put up with their shenanigans and moseyed over to a local DEERE Industrial dealer for a while.

·
Premium Member
6,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #112 ·
I worked for the H&E Pipeline Division back in '02 and '03.
We had only 3 employees at start-up. The Manager(a good friend of ours), my wife(Pat, Administrating Assistance) and myself(Field Tech).
We started with 52 Komatsu PC 220LC's and 50 Komatsu D65EX(w/winch). This division lasted only ~14 months. After that, the Pipeline Division was dissolved and inventory was scattered out amongst the other branches.
I did not put up with their shenanigans and moseyed over to a local DEERE Industrial dealer for a while.
I too don’t like shenanigans. I right now doing a job for an outfit that has a superintendent who is a pita. He’s a conniver who thinks he can muscle everyone into doing things unsafe and out of contract. Every time he wants me to do something extra I ask him for an email with an NTP in it he gets pissed. Thinks he can just say jump and his subcontractors will do it. Not me. Been butting heads with the guy since Jan. Not too bad of a person but I won’t put up with his games and he despises it. BUT- he respects me for it. My GM said he is alot like me and I jumped his back for it. I said the difference between someone like that and me is that he will throw a fit if he can’t get his way taking shortcuts and unsafe acts. I tend to get pissed because I won’t settle for anything but excellence. I don’t care for people trying to blow smoke up my ying yang, or the brown nosers who encourage it

·
Registered
8,121 Posts
This was actually a couple years ago but maybe a few of you might like it. My company (me and a couple others) installed a couple machines at a rocket company that shall remain nameless and they let us use their 100T bridge crane. Tiny 8K forklift was our rental. View attachment 797700
Just a quick glance and it looks like the track on the wall is undersized for the crane. I'm sure it's not but the huge bridge is running on much smaller beams although with a small span on the track.

·
Registered
8,121 Posts
Well,

View attachment 797745
Very nice. If I had been running it in an hour and half I probably would have gotten 1/2 a stump and probably knocked down a fence or something. No worries about backfilling- I wouldn't have gotten a hole yet. . .

·
Premium Member
Early 2017 Vintage 1025R TLB (260/H120)
2,160 Posts
I also got that machine for almost a week and am greatful to have it courtesy of my employer who treats me like a close friend
That is such a nice thing to have.
Yes it is and I didn’t come by it easily. I spent a lot of precious time of my career trying to find where I fit in and found a guy who appreciates effort. He’s a one of a kind guy with a handshake like steel and his word is just as strong. I’d move mountains for him.
He’s taking me along with a couple others to Cabo in Oct to go fishing. Love the guy like a brother
It takes two (or more) people to develop a relationship like that - Good on both of you for it and Cabo fishing?!?! You guys hiring - I'm a piss poor operator with a decent attitude!

·
Premium Member
6,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #116 ·
Just a quick glance and it looks like the track on the wall is undersized for the crane. I'm sure it's not but the huge bridge is running on much smaller beams although with a small span on the track.
I thought the exact same thing when I looked at it. Those beams look like tooth picks compared to the massive frame on that crane. There are quite a few uprights involved but to me the thickness of the top rail looks too thin and weak to hold a serious load. Then again some badass rocket building engineer probably built that thing so what do I know

·
Premium Member
6,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #117 ·
It takes two (or more) people to develop a relationship like that - Good on both of you for it and Cabo fishing?!?! You guys hiring - I'm a piss poor operator with a decent attitude!
You wouldn’t stick around Matt. We don’t allow smoking on the equipment

·
Premium Member
6,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #118 ·
Finished er up

Moved a couple things with the 1025R and forks

Then I started after the remaining stumps
Then I split the bigguns up into manageable pieces

Then I tossed it all over my 6’ fence to the slash pile that I can’t burn cuz of the current burn ban

Cleaned up the mess and roughed in the holes then track packed it all. Too dry to finish grade anything. I’ll get to that with my box blade later

Now it’s beer thirty

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Took some cockpit pics like @Kbar asked for you guys of my 374 today.

Threw in one of myself working hard. 😎 😉

·
Registered
603 Posts
101 - 120 of 133 Posts