Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys im in the market for a grapple for my 1025r with the 120R loader.

Ive seen so many diffrent grapples available now.

I was looking at the Wicked grapple and CTA version .

Just curious if anyone has used these or any others?

Im looking to do some clearing on my 6 acre bush/treed lot.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey guys im in the market for a grapple for my 1025r with the 120R loader.

Ive seen so many diffrent grapples available now.

I was looking at the Wicked grapple and CTA version .

Just curious if anyone has used these or any others?

Im looking to do some clearing on my 6 acre bush/treed lot.
Great topic. Thanks for starting. I was wanting
To look into this myself.

I’m also wondering what hydraulic adds I need to make to use one. I have the exact same set up as you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,298 Posts
Great topic. Thanks for starting. I was wanting
To look into this myself.

I’m also wondering what hydraulic adds I need to make to use one. I have the exact same set up as you.
Just go here.... Hydraulic Products
Pretty much plug and play. If you know nothing about hydraulics, fittings, valves, etc., THIS is the way to go. Or you can spend hours researching this stuff, and then spend money buying the wrong stuff - and then buy the Artillian setup anyway! Ask me how I know. :laugh:

If you can do a little fab work (for the mounting brackets) and have a local source for hoses and fittings, buy here... Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks . The valve and the switch are the same as the Artillian, but you'll need to measure and have made your own hoses, etc.

Both Artillian and BoltOnHooks (aka KennyD) are site vendors/supporters - so buying from them helps support this site. Plus, KennyD is one of the nicest, most helpful guys on the planet when it comes to our green tractors.

·
Administrator
18,331 Posts

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Pretty much plug and play. If you know nothing about hydraulics, fittings, valves, etc., THIS is the way to go. Or you can spend hours researching this stuff, and then spend money buying the wrong stuff - and then buy the Artillian setup anyway! Ask me how I know. :laugh:

If you can do a little fab work (for the mounting brackets) and have a local source for hoses and fittings, buy here... Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks . The valve and the switch are the same as the Artillian, but you'll need to measure and have made your own hoses, etc.

Both Artillian and BoltOnHooks (aka KennyD) are site vendors/supporters - so buying from them helps support this site. Plus, KennyD is one of the nicest, most helpful guys on the planet when it comes to our green tractors.
I 100% second the sentiment of going the Artillian route for hydraulic power for a grapple and additionally with the Artillian system for your 1 series machine, TTWT has great videos on both on his 1 series and they’re an amazing combination!

·
Registered
2,587 Posts

I 100% second the sentiment of going the Artillian route for hydraulic power for a grapple and additionally with the Artillian system for your 1 series machine, TTWT has great videos on both on his 1 series and they’re an amazing combination!
Me and LGM 100% approve the heck out of these post!

I got the AV20F frontier grapple for my 2025 and saved a few hundred dollars buying from artillian and installing the diverter instead of letting the dealer do it. Glad I did. I know how i am and know I most probably did a better job installing just because im very particular and it’s mine. I’ve never touched any kinds of hydraulics and it was just simple. Couple wrenches and done. I’d say the hardest part is finding out how and where you want to run the wires for the thumb button.

I also ordered stuff I needed from KennyD. Both Kenny and artillian got me what i needed and quickly.
I also watched tractor time with Tim’s video on installing it. Go watch that now so you see how easy it is. It will make you feel better about it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,758 Posts
I have had the CTA grapple for three summers now. Started out on my 2016 1025 with the artillian dirvertor and I have it on my 2038 now with the RWLong third function kit. Its very well built.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sorry to drag up an old post. How difficult are these diverters to install? Could you post a link to the grapple you're discussing? The link was dead.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,587 Posts

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
I just got the Frontier AV20F grapple. See this thread here. Since I was buying the machine new, and I wanted the versatility of a real third hydraulic circuit, I also ordered it with the new 3rd SCV kit, so not diverter.

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
Thanks! What's the difference between the diverter and the SCV kit? More power? What versatility do you get with the SCV vs the diverter?
The 3rd SCV can be used for anything you want, anywhere on the tractor since the quick connects are mid-mount by the others. So you can even use it for hydraulic rear implements. It is a clean, permanent, dealer installed, dealer warrantied, system. It is a complex install, not easy DIY. Since it involves dealer labor, it costs more than a DIY diverter. If you're buying a new tractor from a dealer, or need rear hydraulic implement control, this is what I suggest you get. I do not recommend this as an easy DIY install on your existing tractor.

A diverter is mounted up on the front of the loader and can only be used for loader mounted implements. It is an add-on that isn't as neat and clean. Components kinda bolted to zip tied on here and there. It is a fairly simple DIY install, and therefore less expensive. If you're buying something to add-on to your existing tractor, DIY, and have no need for rear hydraulic implements, then this is what I suggest you get.

·
Registered
834 Posts
I just got the Frontier AV20F grapple. See this thread here. Since I was buying the machine new, and I wanted the versatility of a real third hydraulic circuit, I also ordered it with the new 3rd SCV kit, so not diverter.
Same here, AV20F Grapple with Deere 3rd Mid SCV. Except I have a 1023E.

Thanks! What's the difference between the diverter and the SCV kit? More power? What versatility do you get with the SCV vs the diverter?
The biggest differences for the user are the control knob,

20190506_102552.jpg

and the fact the 3rd SCV stays with the tractor. It isn't removed when you take off the loader.

20190506_103112e.jpg

One plan I have for mine is to control the chute deflector on a Quick Hitch mounted snowblower (when I get one). The Artillian diverter wouldn't be available for that.

Reactions: Busman and kylew
1 - 15 of 15 Posts