Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was using an everything attachments 36" aerator today on my 1025r and on an imatch. Everything was fine for first couple hours then the right arm comes off the spindle!!

I got the attachement and hitch off and with some wiggle got the arm back on the spindle. here anything i should be concerned about here as well as anything else i need to do?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160903/af27a3852d7cf44d4f2ef3bc992fc79c.jpg[/IMG
[IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160903/8d13df21464409b53026e3aae4878930.jpg

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
I'm afraid you lost the snap ring that holds the arm on the spline shaft. I may be wrong but it looks like when you slid the arm back on you may not have engaged it in the spline evenly with the other side.

Reactions: pcabe5

·
Administrator
20,849 Posts
Yup. You've lost the snap ring. You should contact your dealer. There was a newer shaft that had a deeper groove cut for the snap ring. Hopefully it'll be covered under warranty. :good2:

·
Administrator
18,273 Posts
What would have caused this?
As Jason wrote the groove for the snap ring is not deep enough on some of the shafts, causing the snap ring to pop off.

Also - i bought my 1025 this april - wouldnt i have the newest version?
No way of knowing, your dealer can research your serial number to see when the part was updated. Here are a few other threads on the same issue:

http://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/sub-compact-utility-tractors-scut/15854-rockshaft-snap-rings-failed.html

http://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/sub-compact-utility-tractors-scut/19145-rockshaft-snap-rings-failure.html

This one is more severe, but has good info related to the snap rings:
http://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/sub-compact-utility-tractors-scut/11555-sheared-rockshaft-1025r.html

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Also - i bought my 1025 this april - wouldnt i have the newest version? [/QUOTE said:
It's possible that your new tractor has been in inventory for a long time. It's not unheard of a tractor sitting on a dealers lot for a year or more. Model year doesn't mean much, you have to check the manufacturer date .

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,269 Posts
There is something that I've noticed on the 1025's. On my 1026 there was an up date for the fill hole to the transmission. They did it on my 1026 so as to raise the fill hole so water, dirt, ect. won't get in the fill hole as easy. I don't know why they don't do it for all the 1 series tractors. Here's a pic of mine.
100_0731.jpg

·
Registered
233 Posts
Yip been there get new snap rings , make sure groove is clean and proper depth. If not Emory cloth or file to proper depth , after putting on new ring tap on ring all the way around it with a punch or flat head screw driver to make sure it's seated properly in groove. You might check adjustments on rock shafts arms my need loosing a bit so implement has a little more side to side movement.
There's a thread on here for just this issue.

Kind Regards,
mdgilbreath
1990 YJ Jeep Wrangler

1026R / H120 FEL with a WR Long Tooth Bar
Kens Bolt on Grab Hooks http://www.boltonhooks.com
54"quick detach deck
Frontier bush hog-2048
Frontier box blade-2048
JD - imatch hitch
25 Gallon 12 volt Sprayer County Line from TSC
3 Point hitch rig with a 2" receiver bar for sprayer
2" Ball mount to pull utility trailer[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
233 Posts
Search for rock shaft off of spline

Kind Regards,
mdgilbreath
1990 YJ Jeep Wrangler

54"quick detach deck
Frontier bush hog-2048
Frontier box blade-2048
JD - imatch hitch

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys- my dealer will have a ring in on monday. I will check to see if my build date requir s a rockshaft replacement

any tips on how to squeeze the arm on to allow enough room for the snap ring?

·
Registered
233 Posts
It's tight tap opposite side in flush and that will should expose the full spline on side needing to go on. Make sure you put back on the same height as other side. You'll need to hold opposite side with something to keep spline from moving back like a crow bar or a piece of 4x4 wood.

Picture 1 with shaft off.
Picture 2 with shaft on and groove for snap ring.

Kind Regards,
mdgilbreath
1990 YJ Jeep Wrangler

54"quick detach deck
Frontier bush hog-2048
Frontier box blade-2048
JD - imatch hitch

·
Registered
233 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Much thanks to everyone! So my dealer service dpt is a total hard ass and unless THEY instal the part there is no warranty for just a part.

Anyway for $4 i figured what the heck. i of course accidentally stretched the snap ring - doh!

Fortunately there is a fastenal dealer super close to where i live so i got their equivalent snap rings ($1.85 for a pack of 3!)

They fit much better - they are little less thick and pop in the groove easily. Franky the hardest thing was getting the o ring seated - with all the stuff in the way there is not a lot of room to work.

i would highly recommend the fastenal rings

PS: my model was built after the "bad date" so who knows why it came off.

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
I just had the same problem with my 1025r. I bought it new in October 2013. I had 47 days left of warranty at the time it failed! The dealer picked it up and delivered it back in about a week. In addition to putting it back together the dealer also changed out some bushings. Dealer said they were aware that this had been an issue with the 1025r but it had not gotten to the level of a recall by John Deere.

Reactions: Levi

·
Official "Groovie" Dude
5,663 Posts
Much thanks to everyone! So my dealer service dpt is a total hard ass and unless THEY instal the part there is no warranty for just a part.

Anyway for $4 i figured what the heck. i of course accidentally stretched the snap ring - doh!

Fortunately there is a fastenal dealer super close to where i live so i got their equivalent snap rings ($1.85 for a pack of 3!)

They fit much better - they are little less thick and pop in the groove easily. Franky the hardest thing was getting the o ring seated - with all the stuff in the way there is not a lot of room to work.

Did you have the tech manual? Are the arms marked or slotted to go back in the same position? If not you have to make sure the height is set correctly.

·
Registered
4,292 Posts

Thanks for this. I am going to add this to my list of things to keep on hand. Just in case.

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
I switched dealers because I wasn't getting a response on warranty problems. My new dealer (Long's Peak Equipment / Longmont) has twice given me warranty parts to replace myself, saving me the transport fee. Their only requirement is that I bring them the defective parts when I'm done, but they weren't picky about how long that would be. I made an effort to get it done in a reasonable time and dropped off the defectives the next time I was in their area. Loyalty must be a 2-way street. They're getting all my JD business, and if they're higher on price on something we'll just have to talk about it until we get it resolved.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts