Am I close?
on the jd website the list price starts at
$317,030.00 (y)

·
Premium Member
4,985 Posts
I would guess a tractor like that has to be around a $1,000 per HP
Am I close?
Typically that is correct sir. Makes the 2038r seem like a bargain. And I agree with you, cheaper today than it will be 2 months from now.

·
Premium Member
11,348 Posts
I saw an ad on Craigslist for a JD 261 5-foot finish mower. Is it just me or does this thing have a HUGE gear box?

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
It does. We have one at work. It works well once you get used the the three point hitch swaying.

And yes the gearbox can most likely handle more power than the 955 we us it on has.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
108 Posts
As seen in North Georgia.
Regular price. No rewards applied.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,895 Posts

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
Didn't see this today, since we're in home lockdown. Saw it a couple weeks ago at the local Chevrolet dealer. 2017 Ferrari. Didn't even ask how much, but my guess is close to $200,000

20200316_180956.jpg 20200316_180943.jpg

·
Premium Member
5,003 Posts
I was headed out to the shop yesterday morning and spotted this guy . . .

Later after I had opened the overhead door I spotted him on the iMatch which was in the shop . . .

I caught him and moved him outdoors where he'd do better finding food and such.

And then later in the afternoon I spotted this guy . . .

I've often thought if I were a bird I'd want that 'top of the tree' view . . . sitting there awhile, resting, taking it all in. This is the first time I've seen a bird sitting on the very top of a tree.

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
First time I've seen this in a while. Think I might take the plow off this week. Sooner or later I'll need my glorified wheelbarrow.

20200329_150738.jpg

·
Premium Member
11,348 Posts
on the jd website the list price starts at
$317,030.00 (y)
That's pretty reasonable. I was expecting a machine like that to be around $320,000.89. :)

·
Premium Member
11,348 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
First time I've seen this in a while. Think I might take the plow off this week. Sooner or later I'll need my glorified wheelbarrow.

View attachment 732153

I see you went with the low cost "diverter kit", any problems doing it that way?

·
Premium Member
14,382 Posts
Rakane ,, that would be a deal... I couldn't pass up... Like you wish they were closer.

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
I see you went with the low cost "diverter kit", any problems doing it that way?
Works like a charm. My plow is the only implement I own that I could use a diverter for, so I opted for $15 worth of ratchet straps instead. Raise and lower as normal and curl/dump for angling the plow. The straps keep the plow from leaking down.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Works like a charm. My plow is the only implement I own that I could use a diverter for, so I opted for $15 worth of ratchet straps instead. Raise and lower as normal and curl/dump for angling the plow. The straps keep the plow from leaking down.
Nice. If I ever get a front plow I would likely do the exact same thing, just want to make sure I don't need the true curl/dump function.

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
just want to make sure I don't need the true curl/dump function.
Nope, you don't need the existing dump/curl function when the plow is attached. I curl the arms all the way up before disconnecting them, then attach the straps and let them do their job. Connect the plows angling hydraulic hoses to the dump/curl quick disconnects and your ready to go.

15181 - 15200 of 15200 Posts