Green Tractor Talk banner

15221 - 15240 of 15240 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Found this on the roadside at the end of our driveway while limbing trees yesterday. In these tough times, it’s hard to think that some people are still having troubles with stuff like this. We live in the country 30 minutes or so from town and it’s sad that maybe you just can’t get away from this stuff anymore.
Every spring i pick up the trash along my road side property and usually find a few gems. This year was another pipe. One side looked great, the other not so much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
118 Posts
Every spring i pick up the trash along my road side property and usually find a few gems. This year was another pipe. One side looked great, the other not so much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
it looks melted and not broken (on my phone). If that’s the case, how do you suppose it even made it out of the glass shop?

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Took the wife and dogs on a hike out behind the house to Wallace falls a couple miles away today.

Logging roads go for hundreds of miles all up in the cascades. Fritz could go all day.

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
10,789 Posts
Kbar, nice, very nice.
Wish we had landscape as that down here.

·
Registered
22,080 Posts
Took the wife and dogs on a hike out behind the house to Wallace falls a couple miles away today.

View attachment 732920 View attachment 732921 View attachment 732922 View attachment 732923 View attachment 732924 View attachment 732925 View attachment 732926 View attachment 732927

Logging roads go for hundreds of miles all up in the cascades. Fritz could go all day.
Wow - what scenery! And to have that all a walk away from your house. You’re a very lucky person!

·
Registered
746 Posts

·
Registered
11,645 Posts
Kbar, nice, very nice.
Wish we had landscape as that down here.
You do realize that winter and a$$ deep snow comes with that landscape, right? :)

·
Registered
118 Posts

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Comes with a lot of rain actually. As rainy as they say it’s worse. From Halloween to 4th of July is the rainy season. Nice stretches of dry weather is a rarity during the spring so we like to get out when we can. Last year it was all about the house and property. This year we are venturing out a little. This was actually the first time I hiked that. My grandson has been up there numerous times. I was itching to get on the tractor but mental health for the family ruled today. Good for the soul to get out and see nature

·
Corndog Hater
11,512 Posts
I’ll show pics of the hike that my son and I made last week, to keep with kbar’s hiking theme. We hiked and old abandoned road through some state lands. The road generally follows a north flowing creek, that empties into Lake Erie. We hiked the road on the way in, and the creek on the way out.

·
Registered
22,080 Posts
I’ll show pics of the hike that my son and I made last week, to keep with kbar’s hiking theme. We hiked and old abandoned road through some state lands. The road generally follows a north flowing creek, that empties into Lake Erie. We hiked the road on the way in, and the creek on the way out. View attachment 733016 View attachment 733017 View attachment 733018 View attachment 733019 View attachment 733020
Beautiful even in the winter without the green.

My father mentioned to me once that there is a lot of color in the woods in the winter if you take the time to look.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Beautiful CP. We should start a thread about what everyones doing during the shut down

·
Registered
22,080 Posts
Beautiful CP. We should start a thread about what everyones doing during the shut down

·
Corndog Hater
11,512 Posts
Beautiful even in the winter without the green.

My father mentioned to me once that there is a lot of color in the woods in the winter if you take the time to look.
Those patches of creeping myrtle were immense and such a lush dark hunter green, the pic doesn't even do them justice. I agree with your father. There are times in the winter where the stems and branches of the red brush, bare from leaves, is such a brilliant red, I find is just beautiful to look at.

·
Registered
610 Posts
For me in central wooded Wisconsin, it’s the “green” then come the “flowers” then the “colors” and the my favorite, the “brown.”

15221 - 15240 of 15240 Posts