Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wasn't sure which forum to put this in.

I'm planting sweet potatoes and need to make a few rows of hills about 10" high. I'm sure there has to be some way of doing this other than with a shovel or rake. I mean it isn't too bad doing it by hand (I only have about 75' worth of hills to make), but I do have a tractor, and I'm sure "Farmer Brown" doesn't hire 1000 people to head into his fields with shovels to make sweet potato hills.:laugh: There must be an implement that I can use for this. If I had a way to offset a 1-bottom plow so it was a little past my right tire, I would try that.

·
Premium Member
10,068 Posts

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do happen to have a toolbar, and a welder. :thumbup1gif:
I wish I had someplace near me that carried something like those disks on the attachment in your link. I have to see what I can find at the local Tractor Supply, or what junk I have laying around my place that can be welded together.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
A place I've bought lots of things from called AGRI SUPPLY has them pretty reasonably priced.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
I built my own using discs bought from Stevens Tractor Supply. They also sell the complete tool...I just wanted the fun of making my own and the little bit of savings (I'm talking LITTLE bit of savings) But mine is made of heavier metal and I probably had enough metal left over to build another one

Attachments

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think I'm going to end up ordering a set of those discs. I have been trying to find them locally, but no luck. The $25 shipping is the only thing that has prevented me from ordering them so far, but since I can't find them locally, and I don't have any junk laying around that will work, it looks like I'll have to deal with it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts