Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched for this figure. The JD web site with the 1025R specs actually lists this category, but leaves the number column blank.

I'm interested in finding this figure since I'm considering a receiver mounted rack for suitcase weights, and would like to know the factory rating of the capacity. I can find lots of posts about how much weight can be towed behind the tractor, but I can't seem to find the recommended max tongue weight.

Here is the link to the JD specs for the tractor:

https://www.ag-power.com/new-products/john-deere/john-deere-tractors-1000-9000-series/tractor-series-1000/john-deere-1025r-24-hp-sub-compact-utility-tractor-detail

Reactions: pcabe5

·
Premium Member
13,884 Posts
I've searched for this figure. The JD web site with the 1025R specs actually lists this category, but leaves the number column blank.

I'm interested in finding this figure since I'm considering a receiver mounted rack for suitcase weights, and would like to know the factory rating of the capacity. I can find lots of posts about how much weight can be towed behind the tractor, but I can't seem to find the recommended max tongue weight.

https://www.ag-power.com/new-products/john-deere/john-deere-tractors-1000-9000-series/tractor-series-1000/john-deere-1025r-24-hp-sub-compact-utility-tractor-detail
Unsure of the exact # but it’s quite a bit and it is definitely in the manual, I’ve seen it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
33 Posts
Wouldn't that be the lifting capacity of your 3 pt., 681 pounds?

Reactions: pcabe5 and PJR832

·
Premium Member
13,884 Posts
Wouldn't that be the lifting capacity of your 3 pt., 681 pounds?
No, or at least I think he’s talking about the hitch plate.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
If you were to find max tongue weight for the drawbar I don't think that number would be applicable when you bolted on a hitch receiver then plugged a rack into it.

I would be very wary of using a weight rack that only connected to the tractor via a 2" receiver. I think it would wobble back and forth and to and fro a lot.

·
Super Moderator
5,295 Posts
I've never seen that sort of spec listed for a swinging drawbar. I think the primary intent there is for horizontal pulling as opposed to supporting vertical weight. It would be an interesting factiod to know though!

·
Premium Member
13,884 Posts
I've never seen that sort of spec listed for a swinging drawbar. I think the primary intent there is for horizontal pulling as opposed to supporting vertical weight. It would be an interesting factiod to know though!
I’ll go dig out the manual, it states the max vertical load, but I agree that I wouldn’t use that to put weights on it.
Get right back to ya.

·
Premium Member
13,884 Posts

I wouldn’t recommend putting a weight bracket on the hitch, use one that goes on the 3 point.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No, or at least I think he’s talking about the hitch plate.

Right, I am looking for the receiver hitch just under the rear PTO. It was just a metal plate when I got the tractor, but I replaced he plate with a receiver hitch plate I bought from Heavy Hitch That's what I'm calling the draw bar.

HHRP.jpg

·
Premium Member
13,884 Posts
Right, I am looking for the receiver hitch just under the rear PTO. It was just a metal plate when I got the tractor, but I replaced he plate with a receiver hitch plate I bought from Heavy Hitch That's what I'm calling the draw bar.

View attachment 469226
I have that, much easier with that and a Reese drawbar. The way I read it you wanted to mount a weight bracket in that. Not sure it would clear the back tires anyway but I would just mount ballast to the 3 point.

Reactions: pcabe5 and wwalljr

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

I wouldn’t recommend putting a weight bracket on the hitch, use one that goes on the 3 point.

That's the info I needed. Thanks very much.:bigthumb:

Attachments

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was thinking of using weights on the receiver rather than having my ballast box hang out the back on the 3 point hitch, specifically when using the pallet forks to maneuver loads in close quarters. That would shorten the pallet-tractor-ballast box length by a couple of feet, which would be useful. But, now I don't think that will work. Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
I was thinking of using weights on the receiver rather than having my ballast box hang out the back on the 3 point hitch, specifically when using the pallet forks to maneuver loads in close quarters. That would shorten the pallet-tractor-ballast box length by a couple of feet, which would be useful. But, now I don't think that will work. Thanks everyone.
Have you looked a the Heavy Hitch? It saves quite a bit of length.

·
Registered
616 Posts

The Heavy Hitch works great!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts