Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been doing several hours worth of research looking for a hydraulic top link for my 2032r (possibly top n tilt if price is right) and everything keeps pointing me back to the Fit Rite hydraulics options. I can't seem to actually find anything else. I'd love a fit rite kit, and would equally love to support a forum vendor, but the lead time of 20 weeks to get the kit is a pretty much a deal breaker for me. I'd order a fit rite kit right now if the lead time was within the month, but no such luck.

Any other options?

·
Premium Member
1,995 Posts
I received my hydraulic top link cylinder from my dealer. I think I paid 190$ and another 40$ for custom hose's from a local hydraulic supply. Agri Supply has a cat 1 cylinder for 100$. Don't know how much variation in quality a hydraulic cylinder can have:dunno:. Maybe I would be more likely to shop premium if it was a loader cylinder or something I would work hard, but a top link doesn't get worked much in comparison to a loader cylinder. At least in my case.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I received my hydraulic top link cylinder from my dealer. I think I paid 190$ and another 40$ for custom hose's from a local hydraulic supply. Agri Supply has a cat 1 cylinder for 100$. Don't know how much variation in quality a hydraulic cylinder can have:dunno:. Maybe I would be more likely to shop premium if it was a loader cylinder or something I would work hard, but a top link doesn't get worked much in comparison to a loader cylinder. At least in my case.
You happen to know that part number?

·
Premium Member
1,995 Posts
You happen to know that part number?
The one my dealer got for me was not through JD. He bought mine from the same place he got one for his 790. Don't know where he got it. The Agri Supply cat 1 cylinder- just Google Agri Supply hydraulic top link and its really easy to find from there.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The one my dealer got for me was not through JD. He bought mine from the same place he got one for his 790. Don't know where he got it. The Agri Supply cat 1 cylinder- just Google Agri Supply hydraulic top link and its really easy to find from there.
I found the agri supply one. I don't have an agri supply in my area so I checked tractor supply and orscheln's websites and neither sell hydraulic top links to my surprise. Guess I may have to have one shipped.

·
Premium Member
1,995 Posts
Wait for a few more responses, others may have some answers. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
88 Posts
i used the Agri Supply $99 top cylinder and a $69 CWA side link from Amazon. nothing wrong with them other than you may/will need to cut/weld the ends to fit your needs. that’s the benefit of buying from FITRITE. his fit.

i will post a thread on mine soon. not quite finished with my frankenstein project. :yahoo:

·
Premium Member
1,720 Posts
I've been doing several hours worth of research looking for a hydraulic top link for my 2032r (possibly top n tilt if price is right) and everything keeps pointing me back to the Fit Rite hydraulics options. I can't seem to actually find anything else. I'd love a fit rite kit, and would equally love to support a forum vendor, but the lead time of 20 weeks to get the kit is a pretty much a deal breaker for me. I'd order a fit rite kit right now if the lead time was within the month, but no such luck.

Any other options?
Have a look at Gearmore TNT Kits... I learned about them on this forum...... I actually called them two weeks ago and they had a kit in stock to fit my 2038R....

www.gearmore.com/gearmore/documents/items/Top__Tilt_Cylinders/TT0004-10_Top_TiltKits.pdf

Sincerely

·
Registered
1,933 Posts

Any other options?
Our local farm/home store stocks hydraulic top links for cat 1 and 2 tractors but they will not even order side links. I assume they don't have a vendor to supply them at a price they can move inventory of the shelves quick enough. They didn't say that but lead me to assume it. I contacted fit rite around Christmas of 2016 and inquired about ordering a top link, I don't remember the wait time but it was months..... No thanks. I will say this, the fit rite top links looked to be of better quality and was about 60$ cheaper if I am remembering correctly than what is being stocked on the shelves locally. Personally, I completely agree about ordering a product and waiting that kind of time frame for it, few products are that good IMO. A quick Google search yields all kinds of top links, I would rather buy a cheap top link every 3 or 4 years that I can quickly get my hands on than wait 6 months for one of better quality. Perhaps order the fit rite setup then purchase the cheapest top link you can find online to use until your fit rite order is processed? One of my biggest thoughts about Fit Rite at the time I inquired about ordering..... If it's going to take months to recieve the product to begin with what the heck will I do IF I recieve something that leaks/breaks or has problems of any kind? Wait for a replacement? If I wasn't mad due to the wait time for the product to begin with, waiting weeks/months for a replacement product would push me right off the cliff in a big way.

·
Registered
3,919 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,720 Posts
Have a look at Gearmore TNT Kits... I learned about them on this forum...... I actually called them two weeks ago and they had a kit in stock to fit my 2038R....

www.gearmore.com/gearmore/documents/items/Top__Tilt_Cylinders/TT0004-10_Top_TiltKits.pdf

Sincerely
Do you mind sharing the price and what you're getting for the price? I didn't see any pricing info on their website.
I did not actually place an order with them since I already had my Fit-Rite TNT kit on order.... I was curious more than anything.... and tired of waiting for my 20-week lead-time kit.... just exploring options I guess. I got the impression they are a fairly small shop also. You have to phone them directly. They only have distribution network in the southwest primarily. They will sell direct outside of their distribution network. They do not provide hose kits, so you will have to figure that out on your own, not too difficult I imagine.... Their prices are slightly higher (10-20%) than Fit-Rite but they had inventory at the time I called...

Sincerely

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
Do you mind sharing the price and what you're getting for the price? I didn't see any pricing info on their website.
I looked on their website and it looks like they only sell to dealers. Problem is that their territory seems pretty limited.

Gearmore, Inc. - Where To Buy

·
Premium Member
1,720 Posts
I looked on their website and it looks like they only sell to dealers. Problem is that their territory seems pretty limited.

Gearmore, Inc. - Where To Buy
You have to call them.... they will sell direct out of their limited distribution area.... They told me so on the phone.....

Sincerely

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
You have to call them.... they will sell direct out of their limited distribution area.... They told me so on the phone.....

Sincerely
I think we were typing the same basic info at the same time. Your post wasn't there when I was looking at their website for dealer info.

Based on the website it looks like they only sell to dealer networks but you very well could be right. Just reach out to them and they should be able to ship one out. A lot of times it depends on the company. Some are just not set up for sales to general public and they deal with P.O.s and such. Others are fine with sales to the public but would prefer dealing only with dealers. It looks like they sell a lot of larger attachments and such that they probably wouldn't deal with shipping it across the country but on something small like this that can be shipped out UPS it isn't a big deal.

·
Registered
375 Posts

Any other options?
Does Deere offer the TnT for the 2 series? That's the route I went with on my 3 series before I knew about Fit Rite. I did get a top link from Fit Rite for my X739 but it seemed like the wait was "only" about 10 weeks 2 or 3 years ago.

·
Premium Member
11,426 Posts
Does Deere offer the TnT for the 2 series? That's the route I went with on my 3 series before I knew about Fit Rite. I did get a top link from Fit Rite for my X739 but it seemed like the wait was "only" about 10 weeks 2 or 3 years ago.
It does not look like JD offers such a kit for the Gen1 or Gen2 2-series.

·
Premium Member
11,426 Posts
I did get a top link from Fit Rite for my X739 but it seemed like the wait was "only" about 10 weeks 2 or 3 years ago.
Wow... back when I bought one for my tractor it was less than a month. With the ever increasing lead time for delivery they will soon have to start asking your age and how long you plan on keeping the tractor when you place your order. :-(

·
Premium Member
1,995 Posts
Wow... back when I bought one for my tractor it was less than a month. With the ever increasing lead time for delivery they will soon have to start asking your age and how long you plan on keeping the tractor when you place your order. :-(

10wks is nothing. Now it's 20wks! That's right...not a typo...20wks!

·
Administrator
17,570 Posts
10wks is nothing. Now it's 20wks! That's right...not a typo...20wks!
Yup. That just proves to me the reputation the Brain has made for himself with 1st class products and top notch customer service. Some people are willing to wait for the best.

·
Premium Member
12,927 Posts
Yup. That just proves to me the reputation the Brain has made for himself with 1st class products and top notch customer service. Some people are willing to wait for the best.
I get that Kenny, and if or when I decide to go hydraulic Brian will be my first contact. But there comes a time in the growth of every small business when they have to ask themselves if they are really giving their customers the best. The product itself is definitely the best of the best but a 20 week lead time is crazy enough to make many people find alternatives, I myself will try and time it so that i have the TNT kit no later than spring because that's when I would need it.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts