Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me what is included in the $179.00 200 hour maintenance kit for the 1025R? All the ordering web site shows is a picture of the tractor and the price. No info about which filters, fluids, types of fluids, volumes of fluids included, etc.

·
Premium Member
12,174 Posts
Can anyone tell me what is included in the $179.00 200 hour maintenance kit for the 1025R? All the ordering web site shows is a picture of the tractor and the price. No info about which filters, fluids, types of fluids, volumes of fluids included, etc.
Where are you seeing this 200 hr "kit"? Can you share the link? I wasn't aware that JD offered an official kit so what you may be seeing is just something that someone put together to sell as a bundle.

Given that the 200 hr service includes the items listed below, the kit should include the engine oil filter, hydraulic filter, and enough engine oil and hydraulic oil to do the service.
Every 200 Hours

• Change engine oil and filter.
  • Change transmission oil and filter.
  • Clean transmission suction screen and internal magnets.
  • Check and service air filter elements..
  • Clean radiator and oil cooler fins.
  • Inspect alternator belt.
  • Check wheel bolt torque.
I just priced the following on JD Parts: 4 gallons of Lo-vis HyGard, 1 gallon of 15W-40 Plus-50 II, engine filter, hydraulic filter and it came out to $116.44. I'm not sure what else you would be getting in the "kit" for the extra $63.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where are you seeing this 200 hr "kit"? Can you share the link? I wasn't aware that JD offered an official kit so what you may be seeing is just something that someone put together to sell as a bundle.

Given that the 200 hr service includes the items listed below, the kit should include the engine oil filter, hydraulic filter, and enough engine oil and hydraulic oil to do the service.
Every 200 Hours

I just priced the following on JD Parts: 4 gallons of Lo-vis HyGard, 1 gallon of 15W-40 Plus-50 II, engine filter, hydraulic filter and it came out to $116.44. I'm not sure what else you would be getting in the "kit" for the extra $63.
I posted my question here in the in the Green Farm Parts vendor forum on Green Tractor Talk, so I assumed that readers would know I was asking a question about this vendor and the 1025R tractor I put in the thread title.

My bad.:slap-yourself-emoti

Here is a link.

https://www.greenfarmparts.com/John-Deere-1025R-200-Hour-Maintenance-Kit-p/1025r-kit.htm

·
Premium Member
12,174 Posts
I posted my question here in the in the Green Farm Parts vendor forum on Green Tractor Talk, so I assumed that readers would know I was asking a question about this vendor and the 1025R tractor I put in the thread title.

My bad.:slap-yourself-emoti

Here is a link.

https://www.greenfarmparts.com/John-Deere-1025R-200-Hour-Maintenance-Kit-p/1025r-kit.htm
Sorry - my method of reading GTT forums is to just click on the "What's New" button and read down through the list of posted thread titles. I didn't look all the way over on the right to see that it was in the GFP section. My bad. :)

It will still be interesting to see their answer.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts

Every 200 Hours

Despite not being listed in the required maintenance items I’d bet it includes at least the fuel filter and air filter. They should be checked at the same time as the 200hr service and if found to be in need of replacement then parts will be on hand.

·
Premium Member
12,174 Posts
Despite not being listed in the required maintenance items I’d bet it includes at least the fuel filter and air filter. They should be checked at the same time as the 200hr service and if found to be in need of replacement then parts will be on hand.
Good point. The two air filters and two fuel filters would add another $52.90 to the parts cost.

·
Premium Member
13,344 Posts
Good point. The two air filters and two fuel filters would add another $52.90 to the parts cost.
that's exactly it, all filters are included in the kit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts