Pivit point for something?:dunno:

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
It's upside down, it is a heavy duty cup holder. :mocking:

·
Registered
10,284 Posts
I think it's a how-ya-ma-call-it. It connects to the thing-a-ma-jig, under the con-ib-ling pin next to the capilotade entermete.

Although, I could be wrong. :dunno:

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
The fruits of a mad genius at work. :laugh:

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,200 Posts
It attaches to your hitch on the back of your truck with the cup facing up so you can put a steel pole in it tall enough to add a seat to it. That way you can sit on it and it rotates 360°. :dunno:

·
Premium Member
4,043 Posts
It's a valve controller for a findiblium value normally used on a submarine, but only if the tube stock goes straight thru. Or it could be a neat cap for your artesian well to show off your welding skills!

·
Administrator
20,354 Posts
Flux capacitor service entry cap w/ removable handles. :good2:

·
Premium Member
4,043 Posts
Now I have it for sure; Jim doesn't know and he's tugging us to get the correct answer! :laugh:

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I knew that was the right approach for this thread. :lolol:

20160327_032015[1].jpg

The ford air filter covers for my engine are notoriously bad, so rather than going with the super expensive giant air filter that clamps on the end of the pipe the other guys are using, I went with one for a 6.5 diesel I could get at walmart. I've got a hole drilled for the suction gauge, so I'll find out real quick if it's not big enough, but this was an easy project that's much cheaper than the aftermarket options or the improved version ford sells ($265-300).

I threaded the ends of the rods after taking this pic.

It was raining last night so I painted it instead of installing it. Maybe this afternoon I'll get it put in the truck. I've got lunch with the in-laws now. :)

·
Registered
11,389 Posts
I think it's a how-ya-ma-call-it. It connects to the thing-a-ma-jig, under the con-ib-ling pin next to the capilotade entermete.

Although, I could be wrong. :dunno:
Left or right?:dunno:

PS - You guys are whacked!

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The biggest airbox problems were the '94-97 trucks. The 99+ were ok, but the AIS is the way to go. Nothing lasts longer or filters better. Expensive, but worth it. :good2:
They choke out modified tunes.

I'm at 10% of an AIS system with this one. It'll buy me time to get the rest of the truck dialed in and then I can deal with the filtration system. Currently I'm about $4500 shy of getting the truck paid off and new tires. So no AIS is happening any time soon.

·
Premium Member
10,057 Posts
They choke out modified tunes.
Admittedly it's been a few years since I looked, but last time I bothered to check the AIS flowed as well as any non-oiled filter on the market and there was only a marginal difference there. :unknown: It's possible, if not likely that the programmers have gotten more aggressive. I'm sure I'm missing it, but I don't see what year your truck is. In 2001 Ford moved from forged rods to powdered metal rods, but they've been found in some 2000 model year trucks as well. They're fine under stock power, but if you push them much beyond that it's easy to break them. Before doing too much power adding, pull the inspection plug near the oil filter and see which ones you have.

Rod inspection.

A 12 point bolt head indicates PMRs, a stud and nut indicates forged.

·
Premium Member
7,912 Posts
Yep, I'd have never guessed that one!

But it is the best looking whatever it is I've seen.

:good2:

·
Old Pa-pa
11,414 Posts
It's upside down, it is a heavy duty cup holder. :mocking:
I like the way you think!!
None of them little plastic jobs that are always breaking.:good2: :lol:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts