Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
John Deere 2025R TLB,
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you share what the best option is for the 3rd option on a 2021 2025R? I would like it for a Grapple and Snow Blade to start. I checked Artillian web-site and couldn't find one listed for the 2025R. What options are available, best, and cost difference?

I appreciate the help!

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
My local dealer has a 2025R on their used tractor lot with 30 hours. It is equipped with a grapple. I was looking at it just this afternoon. Nice setup but I was looking more for a 2032. I've attached a link with the pictures for you to check out.

It is equipped with a "53" grapple, which I assume is the Frontier 53 inch root grapple.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,797 Posts
Personally, when it comes to 3rd function scv s for the loader, I really just prefer the Deere engineered kits.
I have the Deere 3rd function an all my loader equipped tractors. It is just must have feature for any loader tractor.
I think it’s hard to beat the Deere engineered kits, everything is so nice and cleanly integrated.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I’ve been looking at one for my 2025R. While I see the value in the rear and front setup, Summit also makes a front only kit that does not require the power beyond. The complete kit is about $550 I think and I like the trigger style button the best. Also all of your additional lines are on the loader mast.

·
Premium Member
'20 1025R, 120R, 54D
2,446 Posts
I’ve been looking at one for my 2025R. While I see the value in the rear and front setup, Summit also makes a front only kit that does not require the power beyond. The complete kit is about $550 I think and I like the trigger style button the best. Also all of your additional lines are on the loader mast.
IMHO a diverter valve is not as good as a true 3rd Function.

• Love
Reactions: Jimmy Walker

·
Registered
John Deere 2025R TLB,
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So I see mixed recommendations. What are the pros and cons for the 3rd function vs a diverter? At the moment I'm pretty much just looking for the Blade and Grapple. I'm green on Hydraulic functions and trying to learn more. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
653 Posts
A diverter “diverts hydraulic fluid from one function to another. I have the Artillian diverter on my 1025. It is combined with the dump and curl function. Moving the joystick left and right operates the dump and curl function normally. When you press and hold the button in for the diverter, it opens and closes the grapple. You can’t close the grapple and dump at the same time because you diverted the fluid from one to the other. A true 3rd function allows you to do both functions at the same time. I have never had the need to do both at the same time using the grapple. Some folks like that option and choose the 3rd function. I hope I have explained that correctly. Some of the experts can chime in.

·
Registered
John Deere 2025R TLB,
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A diverter “diverts hydraulic fluid from one function to another. I have the Artillian diverter on my 1025. It is combined with the dump and curl function. Moving the joystick left and right operates the dump and curl function normally. When you press and hold the button in for the diverter, it opens and closes the grapple. You can’t close the grapple and dump at the same time because you diverted the fluid from one to the other. A true 3rd function allows you to do both functions at the same time. I have never had the need to do both at the same time using the grapple. Some folks like that option and choose the 3rd function. I hope I have explained that correctly. Some of the experts can chime in.
Thank you. Yes, that makes sense to me. It sounds like I wouldn't need the 3rd option when positioning a blade or for the grapple then. Unless I was more experienced and needed to speed things up? I appreciate the reply. Looking forward to more comments in case I'm missing something that might be needed later if I should expand.

I didn't see an option on Artillian's site for the 2025R. It was there but said not available for my model. I ordered a few things but they are behind and not shipping til late this month maybe.

·
Administrator
20,848 Posts
Don't you have the 120R loader?

·
Registered
John Deere 2025R TLB,
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Don't you have the 120R loader?

Yes, 120R loader. I'm not sure why it didn't come up for me? I appreciate the link!

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
IMHO a diverter valve is not as good as a true 3rd Function.
I don’t have either so take it for what it’s worth but I’ve seen arguments for both. Yes you can do 2 functions with a true 3rd function. However with our limited hydraulic flow on a small tractor i can’t imagine using 2 very productively. Lifting and curling now is pretty anemic on mine. I’ve heard guys who prefer the divertor because they can control the speed of open and close slowly or fast. Where with Deere’s 3rd function I think it’s 100% on and 100% off if I understand correct. So you can’t close the lid slowly. I don’t know if you would ever need to but just trying to explain the differences. I think it’s kind of like a tiller, I don’t think anyone who has one is disappointed either way.

·
Premium Member
'20 1025R, 120R, 54D
2,446 Posts
I’ve heard guys who prefer the divertor because they can control the speed of open and close slowly or fast. Where with Deere’s 3rd function I think it’s 100% on and 100% off if I understand correct. So you can’t close the lid slowly. I don’t know if you would ever need to but just trying to explain the differences.
I have never had a problem. While you can't feather it, the grapple doesn't snap open or closed.

For me, I find it easier to have 3 distinct functions. My hand controls up, down, curl, and dump while my thumb controls the grapple jaw. I haven't used any other attachment requiring a 3rd function so I can't say what's easier on a blade angle for example.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I have never had a problem. While you can't feather it, the grapple doesn't snap open or closed.

For me, I find it easier to have 3 distinct functions. My hand controls up, down, curl, and dump while my thumb controls the grapple jaw. I haven't used any other attachment requiring a 3rd function so I can't say what's easier on a blade angle for example.
Makes sense. I wondered if it would be easy to make a mistake with the curl dump motion controlling 2 functions. Go to curl it back and open grapple or something. I’m sure it’s all in what you get used to. Good point tho.

·
Premium Member
2,305 Posts
I recently Put On a Deere Single Point connection. That is what I Like about the Artillian system is I have My 3rd Function Through My single Point connection. Whats Nice about the Artillian 3rd function is if You Have a Independent Hydraulic Lift for the Mid Mount Mower You don't Need to convert it to the Hydraulic system That uses the 3rd function outlets so no hose change over. You may not have that on your Tractor. In my case the Independent hydraulic system was a bit of a waste of money as I don't actually use my mid mount deck as it just sits on a self collection dust.

Actually removed the auto-Connect recently as well.

Now if You have a Cab, The single point connection make life easier as well . They only thing I don't like about the Artillian system is if You have a Cab the Hoses on the 3rd function to me are a little short . I had slightly longer hoses made to accommodate the Cab when dismounting the Loader. The Artillian hoses are the perfect size if going with the single point connection. I do recommend adding this Grapple Ball Knob Switch Upgrade Kit - Artillian to a Artillian diverter kit for the 120R. The Grapple Ball really makes using the Artillian system nice compared to the old switch panel that come standard with the 3rd function kit. Don't forget to add a Double Hydraulic Splitter Manifold Double Port - Artillian or Triple Manifold Hydraulic Splitter Manifold Triple Port - Artillian to the Diverter Kit Order.

I run the Artillian Loader Mounted Blade system as well using the quick hitch front Blade. But I run this Blade 60" Snow Plow for John Deere Compact Tractor - Compact Tractor Attachments instead of a OEM Deere 54 or 60inch Blade

I am Not Planning on adding the Artillian Grapple though. I had Planned to Buy one of these BIG MOUTH MINI 322 – PRECISION MANUFACTURING But think I'll Probably go with this BIG MOUTH MINI 320 – PRECISION MANUFACTURING instead. (y)

Motor vehicle Toy Automotive tire Automotive exterior Automotive wheel system Hood Automotive tire Automotive fuel system Green Fuel tank Green Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system

1 - 16 of 16 Posts