Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well gentlemen, I am beginning to think that at this time of year I should probably just leave the 260 off my 1025R. We keeping getting rain too frequently for my yard to dry out enough to handle the whole TLB. That said, I have quite a few ruts that I need to fix. I'm hoping I can use something like a box blade or landscaping rake to do so b/c I view either as a multi-use tool.
What tool do y`all use, or are you smart to keep it garaged until the swamp dries up?

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Have you tried back blading with the bucket?

I was able to smooth the mud out pretty nicely with just the bucket last week, but as soon as you drive through it again it mooshes out.

I've pretty much given up on using the tractor until things dry out a bit. I'm going to bring my atv up to the property and use that to get around instead.

For the record, I don't remember ever having this much mud. My truck is leaving ruts in ground that hasn't been marred in the 8 years I've been going to our family cabin. I think the deep frost is keeping it from draining - that's really all I can come up with to explain it.

·
Registered
770 Posts
For Ruts in the sand, a Tiller is hard to beat.

Back blade in reverse or a bucket in reverse works well too.

Before I take the blade of the 5425 I have a BUNCH of blading to do, now that I think about it.
I tore the crap out of the field(Sand) road hauling out some trees in December when it was wet, and only had a foot of snow on it.
Thanks for reminding me.:banghead::banghead:

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
Well gentlemen, I am beginning to think that at this time of year I should probably just leave the 260 off my 1025R. We keeping getting rain too frequently for my yard to dry out enough to handle the whole TLB. That said, I have quite a few ruts that I need to fix. I'm hoping I can use something like a box blade or landscaping rake to do so b/c I view either as a multi-use tool.
What tool do y`all use, or are you smart to keep it garaged until the swamp dries up?
A tine harrow works OK, but a land plane or bb will be fine...

·
Registered
29 Posts
This is my Jake's Rake. I use it for my horse areas and to grade around the property in general. So far have been very happy. I was going to go with a landscape rake , but was told it would only scratch the surface. So this implement might work .

Attachments

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Landplane

1 - 6 of 6 Posts