Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a not so well known brand of articulated 4WD farm tractor while traveling. It is located inside an area where there is tall metal panel fencing and only was able to see the tractor because the gates were open. Last year, I read about an individual trying to locate one of these. I just cannot remember the name of the manufacturer at the moment and could not see any lettering from the highway.

This tractor weighs somewhere around 25,000 to 30,000 lbs. It has a cab, is diesel powered, and is tan and white in color. Don't know if the tractor I saw had a 3 point hitch or was a bare back. It had four sets of duals installed. Looks to be rated somewhere from 300 HP to maybe even 500 HP. My mind makes me tempted to say it was made in Kansas possibly. I've done several online searches and still haven't located the brand.

It's a less familiar name and may have been bought out or discontinued in the 1970's or 1980's. I don't think there were very many of this brand made.

Anyone have any ideas? I didn't have time to stop and see the machine up closer or to ask around who the property owner is. It is not a Wagner, Versatile, or Steiger.

·
Premium Member
2,228 Posts
Bit of a shot in the dark, but a "Big Bud"??? It's in Montana now. Google it.

What about Belarus? "White"?

-Jer.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The mystery continues............. The behemoth tractor I was enquiring about has been sold and moved. Still don't know for sure what brand it was. A lady who works nearby where it was sitting at, went by to check on it for me, since it's several hundred miles away.

I found out who owns the land and hopefully will get an answer from him. He buys and sells equipment of all kinds, is what I was told.

If it wasn't for my keen tractor sensing eyes:spy: and general lust for tractors, I probably wouldn't have spotted that big machine. :) I'm beginning to think that the sixth sense is the ability to smell tractors hidden behind steel privacy fencing or any other obstruction. :lol:

Wait,...... I think I smell something now. Better sign off now so I can go investigate.:creep:

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bit of a shot in the dark, but a "Big Bud"??? It's in Montana now. Google it.

What about Belarus? "White"?

-Jer.
Yeah, those are really cool. It wasn't a Big Bud. But, thanks for that suggestion. I'd like to see one of those up close for sure.

·
Premium Member
792 Posts
Would you recognize the brand upon seeing it? Should check out tractor data and run down the line of tractors too see if it pops in your head (here's the link: TractorData.com - Farm tractors)

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Did Belarus ever make an articulated tractor?
I'm tempted to say Yes, but I could be wrong. Seen some of their larger ones in videos, but don't recall if they just had crab steering or actually pivoted in the center. They did make some bigguns.
Is that company still going? There used to be a dealer not far away, but he changed over to selling Kubota's.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Would you recognize the brand upon seeing it? Should check out tractor data and run down the line of tractors too see if it pops in your head (here's the link: TractorData.com - Farm tractors)
It's possible that I might recognize it. Been looking all over to see if any others look similar. Wish I could've had a better view of it. I'm waiting to hear from the guy who owns the land where it was sitting at.

·
Premium Member
10,057 Posts
]Is that company still going? There used to be a dealer not far away, but he changed over to selling Kubota's.
I have no idea. I've noticed a handful of them around here, but they're all older models and there's no dealership within a two or three hour drive that I know of. I've almost bought one a couple of times. I like the rough, rugged design of the machine. It was meant to be repaired when there were no parts available, which means it should be super easy to work on. I've seen a few that even have down pressure on the three point.

My hang up is, there seems to be very little support in the US if you need parts. They're known as cheap horsepower, but they aren't very refined machines.

·
Registered
11,389 Posts
Guys:

I don't know much about Belarus, although there were a couple in northeast PA. I do know that they are built in the old Soviet Union, which puts them on the bottom of my list, about even with Chinese built. I believe that they are now called MTK or MTZ. Apparently, the Russians have learned about rebranding.

Is the articulated tractor a JI Case? Case built an articulated in the 70's, I believe. They weren't tan and white, but tan and orange.

Don

·
Administrator
20,354 Posts
Guys:

I don't know much about Belarus, although there were a couple in northeast PA. I do know that they are built in the old Soviet Union, which puts them on the bottom of my list, about even with Chinese built. I believe that they are now called MTK or MTZ. Apparently, the Russians have learned about rebranding.

Is the articulated tractor a JI Case? Case built an articulated in the 70's, I believe. They weren't tan and white, but tan and orange.

Don
Here's an older Case articulated.

89224-case2470.jpg

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here's an older Case articulated.

View attachment 9441
Thanks dieselshadow. It's possible that it's a Case and someone repainted it another color. There's another guy that lives in the area and mentioned something to the lady who was trying to find out for me. What she thought he said sounded like Moh-Leen-uh. I asked if she meant Moline, as in Minneapolis Moline, but she wasn't sure. The guy that seemed to know had already left the building.

I've seen some of the older Case articulated tractors, but since the view of the one in question was partially obscured, I couldn't tell much. If it wasn't so far away, I'd just take a drive back out there.

Maybe I'll find out something soon.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Guys:

Don
It's entirely possible that the one I caught a glimpse of is a Case. Maybe it was repainted. If I hadn't been in such a hurry, I could've taken some pics with my phone. The batteries in my digital camera konked out while in Colorado and didn't have any spares. It wasn't a vacation trip, but instead an attempt to say final goodbyes to a dying relative before she passed. That was one rough trip.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
white4wdhistory

Found that, pretty good read. Does it look like any of those?
Thanks. I want to say it looked similar to the First Oliver shown. It wasn't facing the gate entrance, so I only saw the left side. There was some kind of large vehicle parked alongside and that further limited my view.

Thank you

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I contacted a lady again who was trying to help me with finding out the exact identity of the large tractor in question. Don't know if my second inquiry was just a strange coincidence or not. The first time I inquired with the city hall in the little town in far west Texas, the woman said she would check for me on her way home from work. She later told me ,when I called the second time ,that she had forgotten and would try to make a note to find out. Just before she hung up, a resident was paying his water bill and she asked him about the tractor. He was the man who seemed to know about it and left promptly.

Funny thing is, I just found out he is the one who went and bought it that very day.:laugh: Guess my phone call made him decide that he better snatch that monster up before I did.:unknown::lol:

Man, guess I better find another method of inquiring about certain tractors:lol:.

·
Premium Member
1,113 Posts
Guys:

I don't know much about Belarus, although there were a couple in northeast PA. I do know that they are built in the old Soviet Union, which puts them on the bottom of my list, about even with Chinese built.

Don
Amen brother. Good luck on your search. Looking forward to the answer.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'd been wondering where you were lately. Nice to see you around.

I found an articulated Minneapolis Moline just a few miles from me the other day. Doesn't look like it's moved in a while. Sure would be neat to have!
Thanks, it's always nice to be among friends and fellow tractor addicts. Always nice to read your contributions too.

Have a lot going on at the moment and sometimes don't get to spend as much time on here as I'd like. Sure wish a cure and a complete eradication of cancer would take place. Lost a cousin a couple months ago to it and now her brother and niece fear they might be next. Sadly, it looks as though an aunt of mine is losing her battle with brain cancer. We all had hoped and prayed that she had it beat, but even after surgery the doc said he can do no more. The chemo is doing more harm than good at this point, so she was sent home. Just trying to focus on the good times and memories of her.

On a happy note, bet that MM is neat to look at. If you ever get a chance to take some pics, please do.

Have a good day

1 - 19 of 19 Posts