Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had both of my hydro lines leaking at the swivel point on my JD 316. I checked around and found either nobody had the correct fittings or they were way too big. It was already a tight squeeze. Decided to order right from the dealer. OEM part, correct fit, right? Nope. Looks like something I could of had made! My question, anybody ever deal with this? Any suggestions? This seems to be the only way to install them. Same as the factory lines were installed. Can't run one the other way because the linkage, driveshaft and trans filter all cause issues. When I put the rear fenders on, that line sits up so high, it hits. Frustrated.

Attachments

·
Registered
592 Posts
Maybe add a 1” or 1.5” nipple to the pump and then the hose. That would give room for the 90 to lay flatter.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Are you able to install an extension on the fitting on the left, so it comes out of the housing a little bit further? Then it can run just behind and parallel of the hose on the right. Or not enough room to extend it out an inch or two?

EDIT; Or even easier working with what you have, are you able to route the left hose, under the right, and gain anything that way?

Reactions: raco232

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got thinking about that last night. Maybe some kind of extension on one hose so they run next to each other instead of on top.

I can't run one to the right side because it rubs on the linkage and driveshaft. Plus the trans filter is in the way.

·
Registered
898 Posts
That would be my 2nd move,extend the connection on the left.
My first move would be free, and I'd route the left hose under the right. You currently have the left hose over the right and see what that gains me.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That would be my 2nd move,extend the connection on the left.
My first move would be free, and I'd route the left hose under the right. You currently have the left hose over the right and see what that gains me.
I did try that. Won't work. The metal crimp is directly in the way of where I need to screw in the other hose. Thanks though.

And after driving around to all my local parts and tractor stores, I am having no luck finding what I need to extend it. The 30 cents JD saved having somebody else make these hoses is really screwing me up.

·
Administrator
18,463 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not sure what size you need (-04 or -06), or how long these are, but here are some fittings that might help.

6410 ADAPTERS - MALE X FEMALE | Trausch Dynamics

6410 | Straight Thread (ORB) Reducer/Expander
Thanks for the links. I'll check them out. All I know is it's a 9/16 18 thread. Stopped one more place and was told it's pretty much gonna be impossible to find what I need. Can't believe nobody else has ever run into this. Gotta be others that have replaced these lines over 30 years. It's the last thing holding me up from putting this thing back together. About ready to return these and throw a used set on and cross my fingers!

·
Administrator
18,463 Posts
So that’s -06 or #6 ORB (o ring boss) thread. I’m going by your last picture showing the old hose.

Reactions: eyeboltman

·
Administrator
18,463 Posts

·
Registered
870 Posts
I think about the only thing that will work is to have a short length of tubing come out out the hydro and then a 90º bend to get by the other hose. Shorten the hose and add a fitting to connect hose to tubing.

Going from memory and "eye-balling" the tubing coming from the hydro on my 314, 317, & 322, I'd say it's 5/8" or 3/4"... 3/4" is more common and I'd go with that. For fittings, I'd go with "bite type", made by Eaton, Parker, and others. No flaring involved...cut to length, debur, install nut & sleeve, and tigthten, DONE! Fastenal, NAPA, and industrial supply houses carry these, as well as on-line hyd. supply houses. Hope this helps, Bob

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for all the suggestions and input! I found what I needed...on Ebay. I bought a 6410-06-06 ORB extension fitting that was the perfect length. So, anybody that comes across this post and is having the same issue, you're gonna need this extension. Thanks again everybody.

Attachments

·
Registered
592 Posts
Thanks for all the suggestions and input! I found what I needed...on Ebay. I bought a 6410-06-06 ORB extension fitting that was the perfect length. So, anybody that comes across this post and is having the same issue, you're gonna need this extension. Thanks again everybody.

Sounds familiar........

Reactions: Kennyd
1 - 16 of 16 Posts