Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This question pertains specifically to a 1025r. I'm thinking of getting this receiver from Bxpanded. But (I hate to admit it) I don't know what a draw bar is. The description states, "The BXpanded Quick-On Receiver hitch mounts to the rear drawbar that is intended for pulling trailers and wheeled attachments."

So, if I take my back hoe off - will the draw bar be there? Or is the draw bar part of the 3-point or is it some other attachment (like an iMatch) that I will have to get and install each time I want to tow something?

I see that Heavy Hitch makes a 2" receiver that bolts to the frame. It says it won't interfere with the PTO - but I don't know if it will interfere with an iMatch or the backhoe. In other words, does anyone know if that one can be attached and left in place without interfering with anything?

I'm looking for the easiest way to go from removing the backhoe and then towing something?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,892 Posts
My understanding is that the 1025R doesn't come with a drawbar. It does however, come with a place to mount a drawbar.

LVAL38280.gif

The BXpanded part you are looking at replaces "A" in that diagram ("B" is only pointing to the hole in "A"!). "A" is the steel plate that bolts to both sides of your frame underneath the rear PTO stub.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Below the PTO shaft is a bent down flat bar with a hole in it. That’s the draw bar.

·
Super Moderator
4,892 Posts
Here is a video of the Heavy Hitch unit install:

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Lol
Yeah what Jim said.
Same location. Usually on a tractor it’s a piece that sticks out with a hole for an implement.
Not really conducive if it has a backhoe though.

·
Super Moderator
4,892 Posts
I should amend my first comment. The Heavy Hitch version replaces the hitch plate.

The BXpanded version doesn't replace it. They use a pin setup so you position their piece on top of your hitch plate and then drop the pin through their unit and hole "B" in the image above. That holds it in place. Then you slip in your 2" drop hitch w/proper ball, hook up to your trailer and go. The wings on the sides of their unit are for hooking up your safety chains.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Edit: Jim - I posted before your last remarks showed. But some questions still valid.

Thanks guys - I'm almost there. I've never had the back hoe off. But it's time for me to do it and find out how much more fun I can have with some other attachments.

So, it appears as if the Bxpanded receiver "pins" to that plate that serves as the "draw bar" on this tractor. And it's a quick-on quick-off. So, no worries about any interference with any other "stuff" back there.

And the Heavy Hitch receiver repiaces that plate and stays in place. But does anyone know if that would interfere with the back hoe or an iMatch (or similar) - or anything else for that matter?

And one more "dumb" question. Is there any reason I can't just attach a ball hitch directly to that "draw bar plate (hole B)?" If that's OK, can I just leave it in place and not worry about it causing any problems?

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
I’m guessing anything permanent will be an issue with backhoe. The pin on and off Bxpanded might be best option. Or three point arms and a 3 point hitch.

·
Super Moderator
4,892 Posts
Edit: Jim - I posted before your last remarks showed. But some questions still valid.

Thanks guys - I'm almost there. I've never had the back hoe off. But it's time for me to do it and find out how much more fun I can have with some other attachments.

So, it appears as if the Bxpanded receiver "pins" to that plate that serves as the "draw bar" on this tractor. And it's a quick-on quick-off. So, no worries about any interference with any other "stuff" back there.
Yup. I think you could just leave it on but it's like 30-45 seconds to take off or put on so it would be easy enough to take it off if you needed to for some reason.

And the Heavy Hitch receiver repiaces that plate and stays in place. But does anyone know if that would interfere with the back hoe or an iMatch (or similar) - or anything else for that matter?
The only thing it *might* interfere with is a PTO shaft safety shroud. That could prevent you from hooking up a PTO shaft on the rear end. But it is my understanding that it isn't that tall so you can leave it on all the time. It isn't going to have any effect on an iMatch or anything mounted to the 3pt arms UNLESS the implement uses a PTO shaft. Maybe someone that has one will chime in here and verify PTO shaft clearance!

And one more "dumb" question. Is there any reason I can't just attach a ball hitch directly to that "draw bar plate (hole B)?" If that's OK, can I just leave it in place and not worry about it causing any problems?
Nope. You can mount a ball there (assuming you can find one that fits through the hole...). I don't think you'd find it convenient though It may interfere with connecting a PTO shaft and, it's usually pretty tight in there. I don't know that I'd want to be trying to lock up a trailer on a ball mounted that far in to the machine. If you mount the receiver box, the drop hitch extends the ball out at least 6" father back behind teh machine to give you some room. I'm not sure what you're trying to do overall but my trailer, as an example, has a latch for the ball that has to be set plus the crank for lifting the trailer tongue is only a foot or so back from the ball. I wouldn't be able to crank the trailer tongue down with mashing my hands in the 3pt arms and I'd have to be bent over balancing on 1 foot to do it anyway.

btw, Deere refers to that part "A" as a "hitch plate". :laugh:

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
I have the HH receiver on my tractor. It doesn’t interfere with anything, though I always remove whatever drawbar that I have in when using PTO implements, you do not want a turning PTO to make contact with a drawbar. That’s the reason most AG or bigger tractors have a “swinging” drawbar that you swing to one side or the other when using PTO implements.

·
Premium Member
11,002 Posts
Below the PTO shaft is a bent down flat bar with a hole in it. That’s the draw bar.
Correct. That “plate” is referred to as a fixed drawbar much like the drawbar on most lawn and garden tractors.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Jim and Thanks PJR

PJR - So you can confirm the Heavy Hitch receiver does not interfere with a Back Hoe - I don't see in your pics or signature that you have one?

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
Thanks Jim and Thanks PJR

PJR - So you can confirm the Heavy Hitch receiver does not interfere with a Back Hoe - I don't see in your pics or signature that you have one?
No I cannot personally confirm this, I do not have a backhoe, but I see no way that it could.

·
Registered
11,411 Posts
I have the HH receiver on my tractor. It doesn’t interfere with anything, though I always remove whatever drawbar that I have in when using PTO implements, you do not want a turning PTO to make contact with a drawbar. That’s the reason most AG or bigger tractors have a “swinging” drawbar that you swing to one side or the other when using PTO implements.
How about when you are using a pull behind PTO driven implement?:hide:

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
If you are considering the purchase of or own a JD Imatch, consider buying one of Heavy Hitch's receiver drawbars with suit case weight bracket.

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
How about when you are using a pull behind PTO driven implement?:hide:
My FIL has drilled that in my head for many years now with 3 point implements, though neither one of my implements could touch the drawbar. I think anyway, one way to be absolutely sure, though I've never tested the theory.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I have the HH (Heavy Hitch) bolt on receiver. It does not interfere with the BH or any of my PTO driven implements (tiller, rotary field mower or wood chipper). I did have to buy an extended hitch so I pull things behind the tractor and not have to remove the Imatch if I didn't want to.

Attachments

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have the HH (Heavy Hitch) bolt on receiver. It does not interfere with the BH or any of my PTO driven implements (tiller, rotary field mower or wood chipper). I did have to buy an extended hitch so I pull things behind the tractor and not have to remove the Imatch if I didn't want to.
Thanks so much for that very useful information.

·
Premium Member
2,046 Posts

If you use the Heavy Hitch or Bxpanded, if you have the three point on the tractor, the three point lift arms will get in the way of using the tractor drawbar or Heavy Hitch or Bxpanded units.

If you are going to use a drawbar with an I-Match, then you need the Heavy Hitch style that attaches to the I-match.

·
Registered
940 Posts
I have a 2" receiver hitch on my iMatch most of the time and use that for trailering things, including heavy trailers, but also including simple sleeve hitch type stuff like sprayers and dump carts. But if I'm attaching something really heavy, like uprooting a tree or pulling a vehicle, I prefer to do it directly from the frame rather than my 3-pt hitch. So I got the HH receiver hitch to have someplace to hook up a robust chain or tow strap. I don't really need it for ball-hitch type trailers as the 3-pt -attached drawbar works great.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts