Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My 31 tiller behind a 214 found this. It was near where a storm sewer line ran through our backyard in Minnesota. I think an excavator or crawler tractor may be missing a part. Dug it out with a shovel and pulled it out of the ground with a chain.

P5270738.JPG

P5270741.JPG

·
Registered
117 Posts
My 31 tiller behind a 214 found this. It was near where a storm sewer line ran through our back yard in Minnesota. I think an excavator or crawler tractor may have been missing a part. Dug it out with a shovel and pulled it out of the ground with a chain.

View attachment 648640

View attachment 648642
Wow...that’s a bottom track roller. And I complain about hitting rocks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
763 Posts
You win. :flag_of_truce: Biggest thing I’ve uncovered is an old hay hook.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Damn......

And your tiller survived

Congrats

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Man, I bet that tiller jumped when it hit that!:laugh::laugh:
Oh, yeah, maybe a couple of times until I got it out of the ground and/or PTO off. Might have uttered a "Whiskey Tango . . . . " or some such at the time.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Damn......

And your tiller survived

Congrats
Yep. As noted in another response, it bounced a few times. I've had rocks do worse damage when they get stuck in the tines.

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
I’ve hit some pretty big rocks. Had one the size of a basket ball get wedged in the housing. Needed a pry bar to dislodge it. Slip clutch did it’s job. Only damage to my tiller was a few dents in the housing. Bent the lower 3 pt pins when I hit some big tree roots. I never think to take pics.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
My 31 tiller behind a 214 found this. It was near where a storm sewer line ran through our backyard in Minnesota. I think an excavator or crawler tractor may be missing a part. Dug it out with a shovel and pulled it out of the ground with a chain.
I'm thinking nobody's gonna beat that! Bout the size of a fire hydrant...

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,204 Posts
The hardest thing? For me it was a rock. Lots and lots of rocks. Biggest one was half the size of my bucket. Nothing like that chunk of metal you found.

·
Premium Member
12,600 Posts
Nope, never found anything even close to that, you sir are the champion of the "where the ****" did that come from club. :lol:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts