Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
44,799 Posts
Can someone tell me what the max (relief) hydraulic pressure PSI is in the circuit to the front end loader?
Thanks for any help.
We/us/somebody may need to have the tractor model.

Reactions: arlen

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
Can someone tell me what the max (relief) hydraulic pressure PSI is in the circuit to the front end loader?
Thanks for any help.
In your first post on this forum you said you were getting a 1026, so I'm assuming that's what you are refering to...The hydraulic schematic for that model shows the system relief at 137 Bar...which according to SIRI is 1987 psi.

Reactions: cascade202

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Be curious to know if anyone has checked their hydraulics to see if they are set to the proper psi.

My New Holland SCUT was a couple hundred PSI low and when brought into spec was a night and day difference.

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
Thanks for the answer Arlen, I've had the 1026R for over two years. I didn't know about this site until recently.
Your welcome. dieselshadow is going to verify with the tech manual later. The number on the hydraulic schematic might be a little low.

Be curious to know if anyone has checked their hydraulics to see if they are set to the proper psi.

My New Holland SCUT was a couple hundred PSI low and when brought into spec was a night and day difference.
I keep wanting to do that too, but keep forgetting...I guess forgetting to do things is almost as good as actually doing them:laugh:

Reactions: andy b.

·
Administrator
22,388 Posts
Checking is always a good idea, but the JD's are usually pretty close to spec from the factory. Kubota's are usually low...

Reactions: FormulaB

·
Administrator
22,228 Posts
Your welcome. dieselshadow is going to verify with the tech manual later. The number on the hydraulic schematic might be a little low.
I was going to....until my computer locked up tight, 3 separate times. I'm not sure what's hogging all of the resources but I don't have the time and patience for the darn thing tonight. :nunu:

Sorry fellas.... :hi:

·
Administrator
22,228 Posts
Ok, I found the hydraulic schematic for the 1026R in my phone. Arlen was 100% correct. The relief valve is set for 137 bar or 1987 psi.

Text Technical drawing Diagram Drawing Floor plan

·
Registered
587 Posts

I checked mine this morning, right at 1900 psi. However, I couldn't lift this load of wood, so I figured if I brought it up to just under the "main pressure relief" value of 2900 psi that it'd be better. Flame away!

·
Administrator
22,228 Posts
Hydraulic schematics from the tech manual.

Text Diagram Drawing Font Line

If you look on the main SCV, the relief valve is set for 137 bar (1990 psi). That is the main relief valve.

The rockshaft surge relief valve is set higher (172 bar or 2500 psi). This protects just the rockshaft cylinder from a bouncing load on the 3PH. Not the hydraulic system.

The hydrostatic trans also has an internal relief valve. It has the highest setting (245 bar or 3550 psi). This is only protecting the pump/motor circuit within your transmission.

Where did you get your specifications?

Just remember this statement, "I am my own warranty station."

·
Administrator
22,228 Posts
Hmmm. Interesting. I did find this within the same manual......

Text Font Line Document Parallel

2900 psi. :think:

·
Administrator
22,388 Posts
I checked mine this morning, right at 1900 psi. However, I couldn't lift this load of wood, so I figured if I brought it up to just under the "main pressure relief" value of 2900 psi that it'd be better. Flame away!
No flame from here...yet.
But it did raise my curiosity so I just researched the manual (TM109719 15AUG11) some about the "Main Pressure Relief" on page 270-20-6 versus the "SCV Implement Relief Pressure" on page 220-20-3.

Both describe the same test procedure, but the expected outcome is supposed to be almost 1000psi different? That is not possible.

I suspect the "Main Pressure Relief" is actually supposed to be testing the hydrostatic tranny, but the manual shows the wrong test procedure.

I think you pushing the envelope just a little to far, maybe going 10% above spec is OK to compensate for gauge differences.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Hydraulic schematics from the tech manual.

Just remember this statement, "I am my own warranty station."
Yeah, I figured you guys would flame me, but my old R is long out of warranty any how. I figure that I owe less than salvage value on it yet, so if it's a total loss someone will come along to bail me out for a couple of Gs. Ever since I brought it home new I've been dreaming of adding a larger flow implement pump.

·
Administrator
22,228 Posts
I'm not flaming you. It's your tractor. You're an adult. We all make decisions. I just want to make sure everybody has good info. That way they can make an informed decision for themselves. :good2:

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm not flaming you. It's your tractor. You're an adult. We all make decisions. I just want to make sure everybody has good info. That way they can make an informed decision for themselves. :good2:
You have to admit.. the man is packing some serious wood. :lol:

War

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
44,799 Posts
I have to wonder if the pressure is to be set at 1900 psi (low) because of the size of the tractor and safety concerns or other limitation?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.