Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not at home nor is my FEL on currently my 1025r. I am trying to figure out height levels for cross beams on some pallet rack shelving I want to buy. I'm at the office and have some downtime to do some drafting.

What is the max height the 1025r with a Artillian fork setup reach to place pallets on the shelves?

·
Premium Member
740 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will mount the forks tomorrow or Sunday and write back. Picking up the pallet racking tomorrow afternoon. Then I can start to organize my accessories.

·
RIP Chris
148 Posts
It should be roughly equal to the max lift height with the bucket, as should be illustrated in the owners manual.

Do keep in mind that the higher you lift, the amount of weight you can lift dwindles. In addition, stability is at its lowest with the load up highest. Extreme caution is paramount. Keep family members at a safe distance. You should be in confident control of your tractor, able to make very slow and finite changes to the controls.

With all that said, if you need to get items as high as possible, you can flip your forks upside down and gain about another 2' of height. To use this method, you would need an intermediate shelf to temporarily store the load between fork flips. Whenever doing unusual maneuvers like this, I always clamp or strap the load to the forks until in place, or nearly so. I'd also stipulate that this should only be done on a true fork carriage with an upper and lower fork rail, as on the Artillian frame. Those who've opted for a low budget crap fork frame with a thin formed lower rail should never use this technique.

·
Registered
837 Posts
It should be roughly equal to the max lift height with the bucket, as should be illustrated in the owners manual.

Do keep in mind that the higher you lift, the amount of weight you can lift dwindles. In addition, stability is at its lowest with the load up highest. Extreme caution is paramount. Keep family members at a safe distance. You should be in confident control of your tractor, able to make very slow and finite changes to the controls.

With all that said, if you need to get items as high as possible, you can flip your forks upside down and gain about another 2' of height. To use this method, you would need an intermediate shelf to temporarily store the load between fork flips. Whenever doing unusual maneuvers like this, I always clamp or strap the load to the forks until in place, or nearly so. I'd also stipulate that this should only be done on a true fork carriage with an upper and lower fork rail, as on the Artillian frame. Those who've opted for a low budget crap fork frame with a thin formed lower rail should never use this technique.
"Friends don't let friends buy knockoff garbage Chinese attachments (Titan)

I use my Titan forks weekly to unload pallets from trucks and they work flawlessly for me. I buy what I can afford and what works best for me. If I had a friend tell me what to spend my money on they wouldn't be a friend for long.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The numbers...

Without anything on the forks 67" is level height when raised on Artillian forks. When I raised my 60" MMM deck on a pallet you need to have the shelf set at about 60" you get about 62" raised height clearance underneath. Because the pallet takes up some of the height and the weight of the deck raised pressed down on the front tires a little so I lost about 2" there as well.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Finished organizing

I was able to get my pallet racking together today and played with shelf heights to get what I think will be a useful set-up. I did end up setting the top shelf at 62" and was just able to slip on the straight blade and sprayer on the top shelf without any problems. As I said though a heavier object would probably make the front squish down and I would need to find some 2x's to drive up on to make up for the height on the floor.

Rototiller and box blade on the floor, room for the bucket and weight rack. Second shelf has my mower deck, aerator, and de-thatcher and the upper level has my straight blade, boom sprayer and home for the snow plow during the off-season. Came out well. 12' tall uprights 54" deep with 12' cross bars and corrugated steal decking panels. Picked it up on Craigslist for $248.

Attachments

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not sure of the brand, teardrop design for the i-beams is what I know for sure. I will look tomorrow and see if I can find a brand name. I was focused on finding a 48" deep shelf and came across the 54" with the corrugated metal decking the sold me on Craigslist. If I had to buy lumber and plywood it would have cost an arm and a leg not being about to utilize full sheets of 4x8 like I would have been able to in a 48" configuration.

Reactions: rakane and Robnik
1 - 10 of 10 Posts