Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I order thru deere.com and have them shipped to the dealer do I have to pay shipping?

I mean, I have checked craigslist and facebook marketplace but nothing near me that I have noticed - that would obviously be the easiest....

Any other ideas?

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Someone mentioned Home Depot in a similar thread.......?

Sounded odd to me but worth looking into.

·
Registered
136 Posts
The most cost effective way I have found is to order from Greenfarmparts.com. You can use the TTWT 5% off code, plus you get free shipping to your door. Every once in a while they do a 10% off code so you could wait and stock up at that time.

I usually don't buy them off FB or CL unless the price is decent, like $40 or less per weight. While yes iron doesn't really decrease in a value, I'm not spending $50 on a used weight when I can get them shipped to my door brand new for $55. A lot of sellers don't realize that and won't budge off the $50 per used weight price. A seller local to me has had 6 weights for sale for $300 for at least 8 months. I offered him $250 for all 6 in February but he's firm on $300. As such he still has them for sale.

Rick

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Ok, dumb question...

I also am a Vet so I get the 10% discount.

I don't shop at Home Depot a lot because there is a Menards and Lowes about 2 miles from the house where HD is about 15 miles. The only time I normally go there is if there is something specific there that I need. For instance they sell Anderson Windows. So, we ordered a bunch of them. Fun fact on that. While they have a 10% discount, they have a cap on the discount. So, when you are buying stuff make sure your purchase is below $5,000 as they cap the discount at $500 off the purchase price.

Anyhow when ordering windows I went back to the window department and screwed up because we should have split up the order to keep below $5,000 for each order. Oh well. But I could apply the discount for those items. When we went there a few weeks ago to get some ceiling fans I could have ordered them online but wouldn't have gotten the discount. So I went in store. We needed a couple more windows for the small garage anyhow and went with ones they had in stock. I went to customer service and they ordered the fans but she said it is just like ordering it from the website. Come to find that is exactly what she did. She ordered them from the website and because of that she couldn't apply the 10% discount.

So getting back on topic.... HD doesn't stock these weights, how do you order them to get the discount. Clearly don't go to customer service as they will just order them off the website like I could have done. Unless the person didn't know how to order them off their internal system. Lowe's also does a 10% discount. They have never had an issue with ordering stuff like this from the internal system so I get my discount. They sell the small JD tractors but not sure they have weights.

EDIT: That got me thinking so I looked. They do have them.. If I am reading this right you have to order them in pairs. That is fine. I want to pick up two more at least. Interesting that the price is the same to the penny. At least from my location they are.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/John-Deere-Suitcase-Weights/50292597

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
Ok, dumb question...

I also am a Vet so I get the 10% discount.

I don't shop at Home Depot a lot because there is a Menards and Lowes about 2 miles from the house where HD is about 15 miles. The only time I normally go there is if there is something specific there that I need. For instance they sell Anderson Windows. So, we ordered a bunch of them. Fun fact on that. While they have a 10% discount, they have a cap on the discount. So, when you are buying stuff make sure your purchase is below $5,000 as they cap the discount at $500 off the purchase price.

Anyhow when ordering windows I went back to the window department and screwed up because we should have split up the order to keep below $5,000 for each order. Oh well. But I could apply the discount for those items. When we went there a few weeks ago to get some ceiling fans I could have ordered them online but wouldn't have gotten the discount. So I went in store. We needed a couple more windows for the small garage anyhow and went with ones they had in stock. I went to customer service and they ordered the fans but she said it is just like ordering it from the website. Come to find that is exactly what she did. She ordered them from the website and because of that she couldn't apply the 10% discount.

So getting back on topic.... HD doesn't stock these weights, how do you order them to get the discount. Clearly don't go to customer service as they will just order them off the website like I could have done. Unless the person didn't know how to order them off their internal system. Lowe's also does a 10% discount. They have never had an issue with ordering stuff like this from the internal system so I get my discount. They sell the small JD tractors but not sure they have weights.

EDIT: That got me thinking so I looked. They do have them.. If I am reading this right you have to order them in pairs. That is fine. I want to pick up two more at least. Interesting that the price is the same to the penny. At least from my location they are.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/John-Deere-Suitcase-Weights/50292597
You don't have to order 2.Two are required for the weight bracket they sell for the "D" series.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
You don't have to order 2.Two are required for the weight bracket they sell for the "D" series.
Yeah but don't tell the wife that... :laugh: :flag_of_truce:

·
Premium Member
986 Posts
You can get them on Amazon for $65 including free shipping.

·
Registered
650 Posts
The most cost effective way I have found is to order from Greenfarmparts.com. You can use the TTWT 5% off code, plus you get free shipping to your door. Every once in a while they do a 10% off code so you could wait and stock up at that time.

I usually don't buy them off FB or CL unless the price is decent, like $40 or less per weight. While yes iron doesn't really decrease in a value, I'm not spending $50 on a used weight when I can get them shipped to my door brand new for $55. A lot of sellers don't realize that and won't budge off the $50 per used weight price. A seller local to me has had 6 weights for sale for $300 for at least 8 months. I offered him $250 for all 6 in February but he's firm on $300. As such he still has them for sale.
Rick

X2, cheaper than Amazon you get a discount, free shipping, and no tax. 41LB suitcase weights new come out to about 50 dollars a pop.

Doug

·
Premium Member
11,002 Posts
The GTT code gets you 7% off.

·
Registered
136 Posts

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Unless something has changed at greenfarmparts.com, the "GTT" discount is 7%. So that might better than the TTWT discount code.

Ooops! Forgot to check for a second page before I posted this....and jgayman always beats me to the punch!

·
Registered
280 Posts
Unless something has changed at greenfarmparts.com, the "GTT" discount is 7%. So that might better than the TTWT discount code.

Ooops! Forgot to check for a second page before I posted this....and jgayman always beats me to the punch!
I see there’s a green farm, and a green parts store.
I think Tim references green parts store. :dunno:

note: I don’t know $hit from wild honey about either.

·
Administrator
17,313 Posts
I see there’s a green farm, and a green parts store.
I think Tim references green parts store. :dunno:
The relationship with Green Parts is newer, but I believe the code still works at Green Farm for now.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
The MOST economical method to obtain suitcase weights or anything else, is to adopt my younger brother's practice. Borrow your older brother's and never bother to return it....

·
Registered
38 Posts
Last fall I bought 4 of them from my dealer. If memory serves they were about 45.00 each. Cheapest place I found. There were a few on Craigslist that were higher than new .

1 - 18 of 18 Posts