Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking for a place to install the air filter service gauge (tells you when to change filter) on my 1025r (I had one on my x758 and I miss it) when I found this thing in what would be the perfect place to put it:

035.jpg

The white plastic thing screws out easily and there seems to be nothing there but a brass threaded hole.

What is it? Is this where the air filter gauge used to be?

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,511 Posts
#12 and #13....Optional...
0002764394____________A1.jpg

Air Cleaner
CartkeyPART NO.PART NAMEQTY SERIAL NO.REMARKS
1LVA14300Air Cleaner1
INCLUDES AT180680
AT180680Latch2
2M131803Filter Element1
Air Cleaner Safety
3M131802Filter Element1
Air Cleaner Primary
4AM126680Bowl1
Air Filter Canister
5AM108172Drain Valve1
Drain (Vacuum Valve)
6LVU29618Bracket1
SUB FOR LVU27707
714M7396Lock Nut3
M8
8LVU26407Hose1
Inlet 1025R
9AR40418Hose Clamp3
Hose
CartkeyPART NO.PART NAMEQTY SERIAL NO.REMARKS
10LVU26408Hose1
Filter To Engine 1025R
11LVA16535Strap1
Rubber
12R217664Elbow Fitting1
Optional
13AT25983Air Restriction Indicator1
Optional
14M88198Label1

·
Premium Member
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's what I thought it was. Can I still buy this indicator from JD?

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,511 Posts

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
11,320 Posts
Cute looking device, but a visual check that I do every month followed by a cleaning from my air chuck is my go to method. $50 for an indicator is a bit pricy for me and IMHO too late when it does it thing. :dunno:

I agree. It's a Donaldson item(X002252), $11.26 Cross-over part here.

The fitting is a pipe thread 90°, 1/8" x 1/8". Local hardware store should have that.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
I bought the Donaldson unit cheap on flea bay as well. I thought I would need a 90 degree fitting to clear the hood but you don't. A restriction guage is an excellent method to monitor air filter condition without having to constantly remove and blow out the primary element. I have seen many filters on industrial compressors that looked good but were restrictive.

·
Registered
22,752 Posts
I bought the Donaldson unit cheap on flea bay as well. I thought I would need a 90 degree fitting to clear the hood but you don't. A restriction guage is an excellent method to monitor air filter condition without having to constantly remove and blow out the primary element. I have seen many filters on industrial compressors that looked good but were restrictive.
Exactly. Each time you open an air filter canister you are taking the chance of dirt entering the system. A diesel engine's worst enemy is dirt.

When I worked for the state (and instructed) with heavy equipment the operators were not to touch the air filtration system unless an emergency. You were instructed to only go by the air restriction gauge, and if shown that the filter needed changing, only a mechanic was authorized to do so.

All it takes is dropping a filter on the floor to damage it's seal - or too much compressed air.

Yeah, I know, might be overkill for our little tractors. But I carry knowledge like this with me the rest of my life.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,511 Posts
:thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Awesome find! I was curious about that too when I was looking around but just figured it was for some sort of maintenance or diagnostics. I think its a cheap, easy peace of mind indicator that I want. As a matter of fact, just purchased one of an auction/bidding site for $18 using your guys part #s. Thanks a bunch guys and mine should be here shortly.

Go to the auction/bidding site and just enter 302215680680 into the search bar. For $18 you can't go wrong!

·
Premium Member
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
For those of you who installed the aftermarket ones...where did you put it? Any pics?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Awesome find! I was curious about that too when I was looking around but just figured it was for some sort of maintenance or diagnostics. I think its a cheap, easy peace of mind indicator that I want. As a matter of fact, just purchased one of an auction/bidding site for $18 using your guys part #s. Thanks a bunch guys and mine should be here shortly.

Go to the auction/bidding site and just enter 302215680680 into the search bar. For $18 you can't go wrong!
I bought said $18 (includes shipping) unit yesterday. 2 left at the time of this writing...

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,266 Posts
My 1026 came with it and it works great. Never steered me wrong yet and it does let you know when it's plugged when you don't think it should be.

·
Premium Member
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My 1026 came with it and it works great. Never steered me wrong yet and it does let you know when it's plugged when you don't think it should be.
I just saw you on Tractor Time with Tim! You're famous!

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,266 Posts

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Well, you guys bought all the 302215680680 that were on ebay. I found some more for the same money on ebay by searching for X002252. I bought the two package for 22.15 including shipping. Anybody close to Brainerd or Hutchinson, MN, I'll sell the extra one for $11.00 if you want to stop over.

·
Administrator
18,001 Posts
Thread title edited. Good descriptive titles lead to great search results for other members in the future :good2:

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
https://www.dieselequipmentinc.com/products/135501-00820

This place seems to have them for $17.41

I wanted to mention also, if I think back through the fog of last year that underneath my plastic plug in my pipe behind the air filter there may have been an insert of a pressed felt type material. I determined that it was fixed in place and did vent through the pipe. I figured it was maybe to help dampen vacuum pulsations or keep dirt out or in I dunno... But I left it in place and just used a 1/8-27 close nipple to mount the filterminder. Could have added a 90 but had room to leave it off. The filterminder seems to work fine.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts