Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 14' overhead door on my shop. Previous owner has a knotted rope attached, and it's difficult to get a hold of and pull down.

Been searching Amazon and can't remember what it's called...

I'm talking about the rubber ball that you attach to the bottom of the pull rope, Gives you something to pull down on...

It's called....???? And where can I find one...

Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
and theres this one ( car Stop) that either keeps you from shutting the door on your rearend or supposedly stops you from putting a drive through in the back of your garage.

Up here the pull rope to close the door is always secured to the bottom of the track somewhere.
Perhaps yours was shortened or you have a 1 piece door ( non-sectional?)

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
We call it the rope pull thingy and manufacture our own using a golf ball and an eye screw.

Its another $1M idea that I am just giving away. :good2:

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Big Bear: nope, I need it to attach to the actual door, so I can pull the door down.

Don't have a garage door opener on this door of my shop.

·
Registered
4,206 Posts
Anything that has a handle on it, such as a lawn mower starter rope handle will work. You can make most anything work. Take a 1x1 short piece of wood and whittle it down to the size you want and drill a hole in it to put the rope through. You can try this one at Amazon https://www.amazon.com/Briggs-Stratton-699334-Starter-Thrower/dp/B003RWT2C0/ref=sr_1_3?hvadid=153731026741&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=9023853&hvnetw=g&hvpos=1t1&hvqmt=e&hvrand=16275155655988464508&hvtargid=kwd-154407622&keywords=rope+handle&qid=1554842612&s=gateway&sr=8-3

Dave

·
Premium Member
6,033 Posts
I use an old float off a bad fuel gauge from my 400.

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
I just jump.:unknown:

My refinement is limited.:mocking:

·
Registered
536 Posts
I added a strap to my door.

The bottom end of the strap has a loop.

When the door is lowered I hook the loop to the door so that it is off the floor.

I added a hook to the roller that is about chest high . . . that is where I hook the strap when the door is down.

Have fun!

PS: They made a movie: White Men Can't Jump. They are making a sequel, "OLD White Men Can't Jump" I am starring i that movie :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

PS: If you want to know where to attach the top end of the strap, I could tell you but there will be a consulting fee :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

·
Registered
474 Posts
Search "Shock cord knob"

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,279 Posts
14' overhead door?!?! I'd call it a garage door opener. You know that thing that has a button on it you push and the door opens and closes by itself. That's a big door to be pulling down and pushing up manually. :dunno:

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
14' overhead door?!?! I'd call it a garage door opener. You know that thing that has a button on it you push and the door opens and closes by itself. That's a big door to be pulling down and pushing up manually. :dunno:
True, but I'm a cheap-bastard...and would rather spend $$ on other things at this point.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
We have an 18x14 on the shop that is manual... Not too bad.

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,279 Posts
True, but I'm a cheap-bastard...and would rather spend $$ on other things at this point.
:lolol: Know what you mean but it's better to be cheap then to not be able to afford it. :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
:lolol: Know what you mean but it's better to be cheap then to not be able to afford it. :thumbup1gif:
Two kids in college, wife wants bathroom remodel...so the Shop gets lower priority right now.

Priority list for the shop:

1. power to the shop (waiting until ground completely thawed)
2. finish wiring shop...almost done
3. need to purchase LED lights...going to cost around $600
4. need to build loft / mezzanine in shop

: )

·
Premium Member
3,973 Posts
My Wife knows nothing gets done around here with out a shop so I have several. At my place if we had a bathroom all ready the shop would be finished before we re/did the bathroom again. Shops are important like a kitchen there for feeding the place neat stuff that you make inside it!

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
My doors on my shop we just have a rope. One end is attached to the door and the other end to an eyelet about 3 feet off the floor. That way the rope doesn’t touch the floor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ordered this from Amazon...ATV winch cable stop. Exactly what I was looking for!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Reactions: JD4044M
1 - 20 of 21 Posts