Green Tractor Talk banner

What is this called???

3K views 20 replies 14 participants last post by  trboxman 
#1 ·
Have a 14' overhead door on my shop. Previous owner has a knotted rope attached, and it's difficult to get a hold of and pull down.

Been searching Amazon and can't remember what it's called...

I'm talking about the rubber ball that you attach to the bottom of the pull rope, Gives you something to pull down on...

It's called....???? And where can I find one...

Thanks!!

#3 · (Edited)
and theres this one ( car Stop) that either keeps you from shutting the door on your rearend or supposedly stops you from putting a drive through in the back of your garage.

Up here the pull rope to close the door is always secured to the bottom of the track somewhere.
Perhaps yours was shortened or you have a 1 piece door ( non-sectional?)

#6 ·
Anything that has a handle on it, such as a lawn mower starter rope handle will work. You can make most anything work. Take a 1x1 short piece of wood and whittle it down to the size you want and drill a hole in it to put the rope through. You can try this one at Amazon https://www.amazon.com/Briggs-Stratton-699334-Starter-Thrower/dp/B003RWT2C0/ref=sr_1_3?hvadid=153731026741&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=9023853&hvnetw=g&hvpos=1t1&hvqmt=e&hvrand=16275155655988464508&hvtargid=kwd-154407622&keywords=rope+handle&qid=1554842612&s=gateway&sr=8-3

Dave

#10 · (Edited)
I added a strap to my door.

The bottom end of the strap has a loop.

When the door is lowered I hook the loop to the door so that it is off the floor.

I added a hook to the roller that is about chest high . . . that is where I hook the strap when the door is down.

Have fun!

PS: They made a movie: White Men Can't Jump. They are making a sequel, "OLD White Men Can't Jump" I am starring i that movie :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

PS: If you want to know where to attach the top end of the strap, I could tell you but there will be a consulting fee :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

#13 ·
14' overhead door?!?! I'd call it a garage door opener. You know that thing that has a button on it you push and the door opens and closes by itself. That's a big door to be pulling down and pushing up manually. :dunno:

#19 ·
My doors on my shop we just have a rope. One end is attached to the door and the other end to an eyelet about 3 feet off the floor. That way the rope doesn’t touch the floor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

#21 ·
That's how I have the overhead door in the barn setup.

Reactions: JD4044M
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.