Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone identify this electrical connector? It's on the back right side of the front of the frame and is a part of the wiring harness that goes to the headlights. This is on an X738. I've found the P/N for the connector, but cannot find any other information about what it's supposed to supply power to. No problems associated with this, but I'd just like to know what it's for. Thanks for any help you can provide.

IMG_0339.jpg

·
Registered
794 Posts
Do you have the rear PTO? If it is anything like 3XX, 4XX, 4X5, etc. the rear PTO is an option kit and there are some harness additions (around the dash: switch and/or module) and back about mid frame is the connector that adds the harness back to the rear for the solenoid to activate the rear PTO.

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
Being in the front its probably for the turn signals.Over in Europe they require turn signals on the tractors.

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
It is for a hall effect sensor for the front PTO driveshaft.
Forgot about that too.He mention it was with the head lights so I was thinking the turn signals for the European models.Pto light indicator makes sense.

·
Registered
794 Posts
The front Hall Effect Sensor in the front is for the snow blower/thrower only. It's purpose is to over ride the RIO when going into reverse and shutting off the PTO.

·
Premium Member
4,387 Posts
I've got a X738 and now I have to go out and look to find this sensor.. I've never seen it before and I've been all over this thing.. maybe a newer machine? But thanks for telling me what it is, in case I do come across it. I always learn something from these threads.. Thanks GTT guys.

·
Registered
255 Posts
If you never had a blower on your tractor, the plug should be tucked up by the engine, then when you get a blower it comes with an extension that reaches to the front of the tractor.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've got a X738 and now I have to go out and look to find this sensor.. I've never seen it before and I've been all over this thing.. maybe a newer machine?
My X738 is a 2017 model. I do not have a front PTO kit or a snowblower. The connector is capped, and the wiring (inside plastic protective tubing) is attached to the front-most crosspiece on the frame. It is in the same wiring harness as the cable that goes to the headlights.

Thanks to all who provided answers!!!

Just to be sure I understand the function, when the Hall effect sensor is hooked up and senses rotation on the front PTO shaft it prevents motor shutoff when the tractor is put in reverse.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Correct, the plug will be connected to a sensor that is a pin which will be so many mm's from the rotating shaft. So when you have it connected to your blower or broom and go in reverse it will keep moving.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts