Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK seems to be a popular thread lately, what is this??

Just bought some property and finding lots of "tree implements." I'm thinking it is a planter. Three point hitch on front, seat on the left side facing the "box" and a disk on the bottom. I didn't see any data plates or identifying marks. If you are familiar with it, is it worth repairing and using? Any value to it? Any idea when it was made? I do have a very large garden that I plan on using once I get moved up there.

I will free it from its prison and clean in up in the next few months. I have MANY projects, all fun, but it isn't at the top of my list yet. Fixing the shop for me and new fences to keep pigs out of the yard, or at least try, for my wife are the priority.

Thank you all very much for your time.

Steve

IMG_5773.jpg
IMG_5775.jpg
IMG_5774.jpg

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
15,070 Posts
Looks like the trough is divided into two sections. I'm thinking the larger rear section was to store whatever is to be planted and the front smaller section is to place the "seed crop" ready to plant. A person would be positioned on the provided seat and could do the plating and transferring from one section of the trough to the other.

·
Registered
728 Posts
It looks similar to tobacco transplanters we used years ago. Not exactly the same but it is similar. Potato planter may be correct.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts