Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going to email you, but thought that the answer might benefit more. I noticed on your site that you take the John Deere card, but the Farm Plan is the only one listed. Do you also accept the John Deere Consumer Card? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Are there benefits for having a John Deere Consumer card?

·
Vendor
468 Posts
This is MY personal opinion and that would be not necessarily. I personally like to use my own Visa card for purchases as I get rewards back. Now, there generally ARE advantages to opening up a John Deere Financial (formerly Farm Plan) account. Many times they offer delayed payment or low interest options, etc. They can be found here: Buying and Financing John Deere Products and Services

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
I agree I would use my own visa. I pay it off every month so getting some benefits from the card is the way to go. Of course you the vendor have to pay 2% to 3% on the purchase. I run a business as well selling X-ray dosimetry devices and we have clients who like to use credit cards with the US govt being one of the biggest users of cards. So that does not help in the pricing. Do you give any kind of a further discount if someone uses a check or uses paypal with their checking account?

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
That would be a good idea if it saved the buyer that extra couple of %. Of course there is the nicety of getting the money from the credit card company/bank when you process the order.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts