Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DDBB6DFB-BCC9-43C9-981A-59100EFE3280.jpeg 593D4E05-CFED-4860-BF06-995736A97AA6.jpeg BFBEBD23-C018-4FFC-8C24-27012945FC46.jpeg

Found it in the dirt. I got nothin

Reactions: JD4044M

·
Premium Member
2,603 Posts

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I need to clip my fingernails :knownothing:

·
Premium Member
2,603 Posts
I thought your wife was holding it while you were taking the pic.:lolol:. :flag_of_truce::hide:

·
Registered
126 Posts
Description from Craftsman:

Craftsman 3" Universal Max Axess 3/8" Drive Socket Extension Bar

Overview

Get a Better Reach The Craftsman universal max axess 3/8" drive socket extension bar is crafted from high-quality alloy steel that lasts job after job. A pass-through design adapts easily from threaded rod to peaked bolts. Protected from damage by a layer of oxide and polished surfaces that wipe clean after even the dirtiest jobs, this universal max axess extension bar is a solid addition to any shop.

Extends 3/8" drive by 3"
Pass-through design adapts easily from threaded rod to peaked bolts
High-quality alloy steel for years of durable use
Hand wipe for easy cleaning

·
Premium Member
1,167 Posts
Sad to see the old craftsmen go

When I was young, craftsmen was the way to go for the average guy like me. I couldn’t afford Snap On or SK, so it was craftsmen. It’s a shame craftsmen went full blown China and the name was sold. It is now totally down the tubes. Seeing that piece bought back a lot of memories. I remember laying underneath my firist car in the snow changing a starter. Remember my dad using craftsmen. The CEO of sears basically bled the chain for his own gain and bankrupted an outfit that existed and served since the old west.

·
Super Moderator
5,643 Posts
Yep, Craftsman was the brand most of us could afford, and they were a very good quality tool too! Snap On for me anyway, was too expensive, like Mac Tools! Although on occasion, when the Mac Tool truck came around, I would splurge a little!:unknown:

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
When I was young, craftsmen was the way to go for the average guy like me. I couldn’t afford Snap On or SK, so it was craftsmen. It’s a shame craftsmen went full blown China and the name was sold. It is now totally down the tubes. Seeing that piece bought back a lot of memories. I remember laying underneath my firist car in the snow changing a starter. Remember my dad using craftsmen. The CEO of sears basically bled the chain for his own gain and bankrupted an outfit that existed and served since the old west.
Sears had been making poor decision ever since they decided to get out of the catalog business. Just think if they'd kept the catalog until the internet. They'd be making the big bucks instead of Bezos. After all, Amazon does what Sears did with their catalog, just online instead of print.

The CEO isn't bleeding the company dry, either. More the other way around, he has invested in sears heavily. They needed cash and Craftsman ws one of the few assets that would generate quick cash. It is similar to when Iaccoca decided to sell off Chrysler's M1A1 Abrahams tank manufacturing to General Dynamics. They needed cash to stay alive.

Stanley acquired it. I've heard rumors they're going to return manufacturing to the USA.

·
Registered
5,901 Posts
Hope it comes back to USA

Sears had been making poor decision ever since they decided to get out of the catalog business. Just think if they'd kept the catalog until the internet. They'd be making the big bucks instead of Bezos. After all, Amazon does what Sears did with their catalog, just online instead of print.

The CEO isn't bleeding the company dry, either. More the other way around, he has invested in sears heavily. They needed cash and Craftsman ws one of the few assets that would generate quick cash. It is similar to when Iaccoca decided to sell off Chrysler's M1A1 Abrahams tank manufacturing to General Dynamics. They needed cash to stay alive.

Stanley acquired it. I've heard rumors they're going to return manufacturing to the USA.
I hope it comes back and they can make a quality product at a reasonable price. I know it will be higher than China but maybe in the ballpark that people can afford.

I've got some old Craftsman and a mix mash of other brands. My Dad bought a Craftsman set after returning home for the Pacific (WWII). Most of them are still in use at the farm although not used every day. Most of us will never wear out a good set of tools.

Treefarmer

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I got one of those Ace hardware specials a couple Christmas ago 250 pc or something, for my truck and the damn thing falls apart and sockets go everywhere if you don’t open it right side up. Why is everyone selling out to China. I won’t even bye another pair of Whites boots because I don’t want to pay China for them

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
I got one of those Ace hardware specials a couple Christmas ago 250 pc or something, for my truck and the damn thing falls apart and sockets go everywhere if you don’t open it right side up. Why is everyone selling out to China. I won’t even bye another pair of Whites boots because I don’t want to pay China for them
You're singing to the choir, my friend.

I have narrow feet, a "B" width foot. For most of my life, it has been a curse to find narrow width footwear, it was usually special order and I paid a premium. Now, the tables have been turned. Narrow width military boots don't sell well. So I find them on ebay at BARGAIN prices. I just picked a pair of waterproof flight crew boots with the comfy Vibram soles, a pair of Intermediate cold weather boots, and two pairs of un-insulated waterproof infantry boots. I didn't pay more than 50.00 pair, including shipping. They're all first quality made in USA military issue.

I picked a couple pairs of the "Mickey Mouse" winter boots in a narrow width two years ago for less than $100 a pair. It is the only boot that will keep my feet warm in winter, as my feet sweat so much. The wool insulation is sandwiched between the outer water proof jacket and a second inner waterproof liner, so the wool always stays dry. At the same time, I picked up a pair of desert warfare boots, which are my favorite summer time boot as they keep the sand out and have ventilated panels. They've become my typical Harley riding boots, if it isn't going to rain. They're by no means waterproof.

·
Registered
675 Posts
I was in Lowes the other day and looked at the screwdriver set and it looked like the sets of old and did say made in the USA. This may be scary but looked better than the Kobolt.

Doug

·
Premium Member
3,983 Posts
You'resingingtothechoir,myfriend.Ihavenarrowfeet,a"B"widthfoot.Formostofmylife,ithasbeenacursetofindnarrowwidthfootwear,itwasusuallyspecialorderandIpaidapremium.Now,thetableshavebeenturned.Narrowwidthmilitarybootsdon'tsellwell.SoIfindthemonebayatBARGAINprices.IjustpickedapairofwaterproofflightcrewbootswiththecomfyVibramsoles,apairofIntermediatecoldweatherboots,andtwopairsofun-insulatedwaterproofinfantryboots.Ididn'tpaymorethan50.00pair,includingshipping.They'reallfirstqualitymadeinUSAmilitaryissue.Ipickedacouplepairsofthe"MickeyMouse"winterbootsinanarrowwidthtwoyearsagoforlessthan$100apair.Itistheonlybootthatwillkeepmyfeetwarminwinter,asmyfeetsweatsomuch.Thewoolinsulationissandwichedbetweentheouterwaterproofjacketandasecondinnerwaterproofliner,sothewoolalwaysstaysdry.Atthesametime,Ipickedupapairofdesertwarfareboots,whicharemyfavoritesummertimebootastheykeepthesandoutandhaveventilatedpanels.They'vebecomemytypicalHarleyridingboots,ifitisn'tgoingtorain.They'rebynomeanswaterproof.
We have stand downs for the Military Vets in town and they give away those kind of boots so since I also have a B width Size 7 1/2 foot I had a hard time over the years getting a good fit. I ended up buying USA Made Danner's and they fit my foot the best and were broke in from the day I bought them! I have all the boots your talking about.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Danner is Chinese owned. No offense, it they went cash grab years ago when they started giving discounts to union workers and the quality went down. Now they’re way overpriced for an average boot. Don’t get me started on boots. I got thousands invested in them. Been there. Done that. Very wide feet. Plantar fasciitis in right foot. Can’t wear steel toe. Not a steel toe made that doesn’t hurt my feet. I got 460 dollar Whites collecting dust in my garage because they couldn’t get my measurements right. Gotta go to Spokane to have them resized. Got a good pair of PAC boots from them though. American made Keens are not bad for the money. Timberland pro is garbage. Not a lot out there to choose from. Maybe start looking into the military style boots.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts