Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I have a 1025r I’d like to have lifting slings to do some non-scuffing lifting.

Can you give me some examples of various applications of the different length slings ??

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
That's really difficult to do as it really depends on what you want to lift. I seem to use the shorter ones more often. I have a 6-footer that just reaches between my two bucket hooks with a little droop. I use it for carrying my 250lb generator back and forth to the garage. I can simply run the sling through the crane loop on the generator and then attach to each bucket hook. The same length works well for carrying my mower deck. I would say that like chains, the various lengths don't really have specific applications.

I think I have a couple 4, 6 and 8-footers which so far have served every purpose I've ever needed.

I would start out with a couple 6 footers and see how they work out for you. If you go with longer ones you can always double them up for shorter uses.

·
Super Moderator
5,698 Posts
IMO, from years of using them, the 6 footer is the "all around" most versatile length.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Why not a piece of poly rope, and learn how to tie a bowline knot?
Then you can have any length you want,,, I only use one knot,,, for everything.

:bigthumb:

Reactions: mark02tj
1 - 4 of 4 Posts