Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, if you are ever cutting down a tree and thinking that it might be a good idea to use your tractor/loader to push that tree over so that it falls in exactly the right direction... Don't. Just don't do that. :laugh:

tree tractor.jpg

·
Registered
588 Posts
Ouch! Is there more to the story? :munch:

·
Super Moderator
4,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ouch! Is there more to the story? :munch:
I'm sure there is more to the story but I have no idea what the rest of it is. This was posted in a Facebook group I frequent.

·
Super Moderator
4,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Administrator
20,362 Posts
Looks very fake to me. No tire tracks.....

·
Registered
11,758 Posts
OMG What's that brown stuff on the snow?:lol:
probably hyd oil leaking:lol:

:unknown:so u think OC's been using his superior powers of the internet-huh:mocking:
if the pic is true-me thinks hhe is going to need a crane to let the tractor down then:dunno:

·
Super Moderator
4,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Administrator
20,362 Posts
I always thought tractors don’t grow on trees. Maybe I was wrong? :unknown:

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Could have likely been hanging there for a couple days and snow covered the tracks. But I wouldn't be surprised if it was fake. People can do anything on a PC these days

·
Registered
582 Posts
The contrast in the snow just isn't there to tell if there are tracks or not. There's no question talented people can do amazing things with Photoshop but spend a little time on youtube and see just what kind of stupid things people actually do. What amazes more than people doing those dumb things is they want the whole world to see what they did.

·
Administrator
20,362 Posts
The contrast in the snow just isn't there to tell if there are tracks or not. There's no question talented people can do amazing things with Photoshop but spend a little time on youtube and see just what kind of stupid things people actually do. What amazes more than people doing those dumb things is they want the whole world to see what they did.
I can quite easily see foot prints, but there’s no evidence at all on the ground to show a tractor was ever there.

Fake as a $3 Clinton bill.

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
I can quite easily see foot prints, but there’s no evidence at all on the ground to show a tractor was ever there.

Fake as a $3 Clinton bill.
Tree already has a nice lean in the direction of the notch, it certainly would not have needed any help from a tractor to fall in the intended direction...

·
Registered
4,977 Posts
Felling issue even without the tractor

Tree already has a nice lean in the direction of the notch, it certainly would not have needed any help from a tractor to fall in the intended direction...
Somebody really, really screwed up with the cut even if the tractor was added electronically. That's a tree that could have killed the guy on the saw with that split. It's usually because there is much more weight on one side of the tree than the other either because it's leaning or all the limbs are on one side. It's worse with a frozen tree which may be the case here.

If the tractor is real, it could have helped cause the split by pushing when the cut was inadequate or wrongly done. I cringe every time I see a tree like that and hope there's no blood on the snow.

Treefarmer

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
Somebody really, really screwed up with the cut even if the tractor was added electronically. That's a tree that could have killed the guy on the saw with that split. It's usually because there is much more weight on one side of the tree than the other either because it's leaning or all the limbs are on one side. It's worse with a frozen tree which may be the case here.

If the tractor is real, it could have helped cause the split by pushing when the cut was inadequate or wrongly done. I cringe every time I see a tree like that and hope there's no blood on the snow.

Treefarmer
It had enough lean to maybe qualify for a bore cut leaving a trigger, but I would not have expected that chair right off the bat.
Lot of guys with their way too small face cuts...
It still makes my heart pump hard every time I fell a tree, very dangerous work if you don't have rigging and help.
I'm just a firewood cutter myself, couple cords a year is all I need to make me happy.

·
Registered
611 Posts
What do you do, cut off small amounts at a time from the far end, until the machine slowly lowers itself back down?

Great picture, real or not.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts