Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tractor supply has a 5 foot country line rake on sale Black Friday for $400 (regularly $500). This is the yellow cat 1.
Reading the question and answer section on their website someone asks if it will fit a JD1025R? This is the response from the expert:

No you need the sku#2122468
The difference is that sku# 2122468 (lighter duty, orange in color)is designed for sub-compact tractors, 15-25 pto hp with CAT0 spacing at the lift arms, and sku# 2122280 (heavier duty, yellow in color)is designed for tractors 25-35 pto with CAT1 spacing at the lift arm

I thought the 1025r was a cat 1? Also the lighter duty orange color one is $529 even though it weighs 18 #’s less and my understanding not as heavy duty.
I have a JD quick hitch and living in Missouri and our rocks here would much rather have the heavier duty rake. Plus it is cheaper right now. Will it fit?
Thanks guys and hope you all had a Happy Thanksgiving!

·
Premium Member
10,109 Posts
Your 1025R is Limited Cat 1.

The Limited part refers to lift height (you are closer to the ground with smaller rear wheels) as apposed to width.

The Cat 1 rake will fit your tractor and the iMatch hitch. You just cannot lift it as high it as high.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your 1025R is Limited Cat 1.

The Limited part refers to lift height (you are closer to the ground with smaller rear wheels) as apposed to width.

The Cat 1 rake will fit your tractor and the iMatch hitch. You just cannot lift it as high it as high.
Thank you so much and now I get it! Might be a mute point now, I just looked and shipping to the store is an additional $184! That jumps the total price close enough to the frontier rake to put it back in my sights. Of course no tractor supply anywhere near me stocks them.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks MacCool! Do you happen to know if the titan is IMatch compatible? If so this just might be the one for me to look into!

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,054 Posts
Thanks MacCool! Do you happen to know if the titan is IMatch compatible? If so this just might be the one for me to look into!
Just by the looks of it, I'd say no.

·
Premium Member
2,146 Posts
If the pictures are accurate, the Titan is not I-Match compatible and the TSC 'yellow' rake is. Also, the Titan website does not say their rake is I-Match compatible.

Attachments

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,054 Posts
Ray_PA, Nice job on your post. :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
873 Posts
Greg, I can't comment/debate pto horsepower or the "expert" opinion that it won't work/fit, But here's my hands-on experience.

A few years back I bought a Cat 1, 5 foot landscape rake for my 317 with a Cat 0 3-pt. I removed the Cat 1 pins from the rake and installed Cat 0-Cat 1 adapter pins. Made up some spacers/bushings so the 5/8" bolt for the Cat 0 top link fits the 3/4" holes in the Cat 1 rake...bushing may be commercially available, don't know. Mounted it up and NO PROBLEMS, my 317 pulls it with ease. Bob

·
Premium Member
2,146 Posts
I have a TSC County Line 5' 'yellow', I-Match compatible landscape rake. It fits perfectly on the 1025R and the 1025R can pull it easily.

That said, to get the rake tines high enough to provide some clearance when lifted so that the tines do not drag when loading in my trailer or starting up a slope, you have to shorten your top link all the way.

I have a hydraulic top link now so I can lengthen and shorten mine on the fly now. Prior to that, it was a little more complicated.

Now, this issue of 3 point implements dragging when transitioning from level ground to a slope isn't anything new on a 1 series. It is sort of the nature of the beast since they are low to the ground, hence the limited category 1 3 point.

The one thing I do not like about the County Line rake is it does not have a parking stand to hold the 3 point connection end raised. This was a must for me as I didn't want to have to lift the rake to install it, it is pretty heavy, and I didn't want to prop it up with something else so I fabricated a stand and installed.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
This rake

Hello Greg58,

I bought this rake from a guy who only used it for his horse arena. Anyway it is a 5ft county line and I have it on Betsy 1025r and she pulls it just fine. I use it on my food plot area and my driveway.

I paid $400 for it used and it needs a little paint. $400 for a brand new one is a smoking deal.

Good luck!
WB

Good luck

Attachments

·
Registered
723 Posts
If you go into the store and talk to a manager many times they will order it for you and not charge you to ship to store. Just like ordering a piece of inventory for them. I like the tractor supply one. I acquired a 7ft county line landscape rake from my uncle and I pull it behind my 2025R. Doesn’t take much to pull a landscape rake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
252 Posts
I think rakes may be one of the items that unless you will use it a lot, quality is not AS important as other attachments. Its a pretty basic tool and unless you abuse it...which we all do at times I guess, you are unlikely to see a big difference between them. I have a 6 ft yellow TSC that I got because it was in stock and on sale. It worked perfect behind the 1025. It still covered the tracks when angled all the way. You will learn to adjust depth on the fly. If you will trailer it a lot it does drag when loading but a couple blocks, backing up to a slope, or having longer ramps, will all help. Trasing ro the 2025 solved that problem for me but trading tractors is an expensive solution to a non problem. The bottom line is go with the yellow TSC rake. 5 ft or 6 ft will both work. I do not have the wheel kit yet but I will have it by spring. I can see how itll make life much easier and do a better job when finish raking.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Titan does not make replacement parts available!!! Be careful.

I have Titan forks and no problem.

I order the 5' rake with wheels and the price was very good. (did not hook up to the quick hitch. But for the price no big deal....

:nunu: Just be aware that a year and half later I needed a replacement part and guess what? They do not sell replacement parts for the product they just sold. I always thought a mfg had to provide parts for at least a while after they sold equipment but I guess not.

After reading posts on here where people had problems with Titan products this might be the real reason. If it comes in good shape no problem but if not they don't even seem to want it back. They hope for the best I guess.

I like the rake but finding out now no replacement parts its not worth it.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
It is reportedly "quick hitch" compatible, but I don't know if it works with the iMatch specifically. It's all going to depend on the spacing of the two lift arm attachments. My experience, limited as it is, is that when they say "Cat 0", the spacing is too narrow. When they say "quick hitch compatible", it means that the lift arm spacing is consistent with Category 1, which would typically be spaced OK for an iMatch (although would require bushings). I'm not sure what it implies for the top link, so I have no idea if it will fit an iMatch. I bought a pine straw rake from a different company and ran in the lift arm spacing problem, but it did fit the top link hook just fine.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
I have Titan forks and no problem.

I order the 5' rake with wheels and the price was very good. (did not hook up to the quick hitch. But for the price no big deal....

:nunu: Just be aware that a year and half later I needed a replacement part and guess what? They do not sell replacement parts for the product they just sold. I always thought a mfg had to provide parts for at least a while after they sold equipment but I guess not.

After reading posts on here where people had problems with Titan products this might be the real reason. If it comes in good shape no problem but if not they don't even seem to want it back. They hope for the best I guess.

I like the rake but finding out now no replacement parts its not worth it.
I don't know about the availability, but the part number for the rake tines is P191303-1. I'd call them and see about ordering that part by that number before buying the rake.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Tractor supply has a 5 foot country line rake on sale Black Friday for $400 (regularly $500). This is the yellow cat 1.
Reading the question and answer section on their website someone asks if it will fit a JD1025R? This is the response from the expert:

No you need the sku#2122468
The difference is that sku# 2122468 (lighter duty, orange in color)is designed for sub-compact tractors, 15-25 pto hp with CAT0 spacing at the lift arms, and sku# 2122280 (heavier duty, yellow in color)is designed for tractors 25-35 pto with CAT1 spacing at the lift arm

I thought the 1025r was a cat 1? Also the lighter duty orange color one is $529 even though it weighs 18 #’s less and my understanding not as heavy duty.
I have a JD quick hitch and living in Missouri and our rocks here would much rather have the heavier duty rake. Plus it is cheaper right now. Will it fit?
Thanks guys and hope you all had a Happy Thanksgiving!
Thats a good deal on a County Line rake. I might get one for myself. I looked at one a couple months ago while I was at TS and It looks very well built.

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks guys for all the help, I think I understand the difference between cat1 and limited cat1 now! I also know what to look for as far as IMatch compatibility.
This group has taught me everything I know about tractors!

·
Premium Member
9,310 Posts
Thanks guys for all the help, I think I understand the difference between cat1 and limited cat1 now! I also know what to look for as far as IMatch compatibility.
This group has taught me everything I know about tractors!
Tractor's

Implements

Life's problems

Family cooking receipes

Political

You name it, and GTT is your place for the answers to life's questions........

Plus we are GREAT spenders of others money..............:gizmo:

Reactions: rtgt and Kbar

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Tractor's

Implements

Life's problems

Family cooking receipes

Political

You name it, and GTT is your place for the answers to life's questions........

Plus we are GREAT spenders of others money..............:gizmo:
Yes on all the above especially the spending of money thing! The wife actually thought buying the tractor would stop my spending! Yes she is blonde by the way.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts