Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I purchased a new X758 with 54HC drive over deck and 54" snow blower at the end of the 2018 mowing season. My plan, at the time, was to keep it for the next 20 years, then buy another new one for my retirement years.

So much for making plans.

My job will now have me moving to a new place for the next 2-4 years. Probably an apartment or a small city house where there won't be room for a machine this size.

After much consideration, I have decided to sell, but am relatively new to the John Deere scene. Do you guys think 12,900 is a reasonable price for a machine like this? Any input is appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
11,370 Posts
You can check sites like machinefinder.com and tractorhouse.com to see what similar machines are selling for in your area.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I think you've over priced the x758 by about 10 grand. And yes, I'll buy it. Seriously tho, 12,900 is a great price.

·
Premium Member
1,682 Posts
My 2 cents is store it. I had a 3 Tractor collection for several Years That Traveled around the county with Me when I was In the Army. Most Places the wife & I rented off Post so we Had a reasonable Lot. . For 2 Years When I was a Drill Sergeant I lived On Post with a Tiny Yard Kept My Primary Tractor a JD 240 with me though I didn't really need it as it was a Small Yard as the Government Housing was a Duplex and I stored My MTD Made Montgomery Wards GT & My Ingersoll 3016PS In a off Post storage shed. 2 years Later I went Back to the 1st SFOD at Bragg and again rented a House On about 1.5 acres and had use of all the Tractors again. I did a drain & Purge On the Wards & Ingersoll before storing and all I Had to do was change the Oil and add Gas & air Up the tires and they Both started Right Up. Just follow the JD Manual On storage (y)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts