Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello community,
I could use a little help, I have a dodge 1 ton dually that I use to pull various trailers and a 10k lb bumper pull camper. Planning on upgrading campers to a large 5th wheel toy hauler sometime in the future. My question is what size jack do I need for my truck if I have my camper attached for obvious reason of that ill fated day if my tire blows? Which hopefully that never happens but better prepared than not. Any suggestions?

Hope all is doing well
Best regards

·
Registered
631 Posts
Hello community,
I could use a little help, I have a dodge 1 ton dually that I use to pull various trailers and a 10k lb bumper pull camper. Planning on upgrading campers to a large 5th wheel toy hauler sometime in the future. My question is what size jack do I need for my truck if I have my camper attached for obvious reason of that ill fated day if my tire blows? Which hopefully that never happens but better prepared than not. Any suggestions?

Hope all is doing well
Best regards
I keep a 12 ton bottle jack and a couple of 4x4 and 6x6 blocks, high-lift jack, and a two ton small floor jack with me at all times as well as my milwaukee 1/2' monster of an impact wrench with sockets. When hauling the toy hauler, a full sized floor jack would replace the small one for fast tire changes and camper leveling.

Reactions: Herminator

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Well, how much will your combination weigh? I would think a 12 or 20 ton bottle jack would be plenty for lifting up the truck. Floor jacks, for me, have not worked when I haul my fully loaded enclosed trailer. My floor jacks tend to top out at 4000-6500 lbs. For my tandem axle trailer I use this: Trailer Aid Trailer-Aid - Jack/Chock | Trailering (valleyvet.com) . A life and time saver. I can have a trailer tire changed out in about 15 minutes. I would also invest in a cordless impact wrench and a small car battery powered air compressor. They can come in really handy out on the road.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Bottle jacks are cheap, get a 12 and a 20. As suggested by Dan get some 4x and 6x cribbing. Maybe a 1/4” aluminum plate, to keep the wood from compressing too much.

·
Premium Member
9,325 Posts
I wonder how long before Milwaukee makes a battery powered bottle jack?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts