Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to buy some hooks for the bucket on my 2320 bit I was wondering if I should buy the 3/8 or 5/16 hooks. Do the bigger hooks have more of opening to make getting chains on there easier or are they just beefier to handle more weight? I know the capacity doesn't matter since 5/16 is rated for way more than the tractor will lift. I'm planning to weld these on and just curious to find out what is the common size people buy.

Thanks!

·
Administrator
18,014 Posts
I'd recommend the 5/16" hooks, the will accept 3/8" chain also. Yes the 3/8" hooks have a larger opening, but it's not considerably larger as can be seen in this picture:

WGH Comparison Horizontal.JPG

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,517 Posts
FWIW, I like 5/16" hooks for 1/4" chain.

·
Super Moderator
8,056 Posts
I need to buy some hooks for the bucket on my 2320 bit I was wondering if I should buy the 3/8 or 5/16 hooks. Do the bigger hooks have more of opening to make getting chains on there easier or are they just beefier to handle more weight? I know the capacity doesn't matter since 5/16 is rated for way more than the tractor will lift. I'm planning to weld these on and just curious to find out what is the common size people buy.

Thanks!
If you're going to install the hooks on your 2320 bucket I'd recommend you bolt them on. Unless you've got an HD bucket with reinforced upper edge the material isn't very thick. Seems to me you may weaken the steel with the heat needed for proper penetration on the hook.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Kenny sized hooks.........

·
Administrator
20,737 Posts
Another vote for the 5/16" hooks. You'll never need anything more on a SCUT.:thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Thanks everyone. I just my order in for the 5/16 bolt on hooks with the backing plates extra support. Looking forward to using them.
Yep
Don't think you can go wrong as others have said with bolt on hooks and a backing/shackle plate on a scut.:good2:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts