Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m trying to spec out a DIY top-n-tilt for my 3520. I think I found the right top cylinder size, but I’m struggling trying to find the right size for the side link. Maybe it’s not called a side link? Anyway, if anyone has some insight, it would be greatly appreciated

Thanks,
Dan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Administrator
22,935 Posts
No, not stupid, sometimes it takes a little while to get answers.

But, side links are not as generic as top links, they often have to be custom made or at least modified to work.

Brian at Fit rite Hydraulics makes probably the best on the market:

·
Fit Rite Hydraulics
748 Posts
I’m trying to spec out a DIY top-n-tilt for my 3520. I think I found the right top cylinder size, but I’m struggling trying to find the right size for the side link. Maybe it’s not called a side link? Anyway, if anyone has some insight, it would be greatly appreciated

Thanks,
Dan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Ideally a 5" stroke cylinder is what you need to be able to provide an equal amount of tilt angle to the left and right sides. But if you built it how JD builds theirs and have it provide tilt for one side only,fully retracted has the implement level side-side then a 6" stroke works. If you want to provide tilt to both sides and keep lift heights to std settings, you will most likely need to use a 4" stroke unit.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
I pulled my adjustable link off, took it to a local hydraulic cylinder repair shop, and had them build one to match it.
2 weeks and $360 (cash price) later, I had a hydraulic cylinder, that had the same characteristics as the OEM adjustable link that came on my machine.

There are generic side links on ebay (search; tractor hydraulic side link), but in the end, you'll end up with something that is not quite right, and unsatisfying, as well as not much cheaper than a custom local built one.
Edit; or one from FitRite.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts