Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered a new 4052r and am driving myself crazy. I have access to lots of 6 ft implements like tiller box blade rock rake etc. And an 8 ft brush hog. are these about the right size tools for the tractor? I don't plan to have wheel spacers and would like to cover my tracks when doing things.

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
My rule of thumb for Bush hogs is never make it wider than the tractor. York rakes and box blades can be the width of the drive or path.

·
Premium Member
10,068 Posts
The general guideline for rotary mower like a bush hog is 3-5 PTO hp per foot of mower with, i.e. 50 HP at the PTO= 10' mower. Depending on what you're doing, whether its just some light trimming where livestock has been or if you're clearing heavy, nasty underbrush then you may be able to run something larger or have to go smaller- or just go more slowly.

·
Registered
3,769 Posts
I just ordered a new 4052r and am driving myself crazy. I have access to lots of 6 ft implements like tiller box blade rock rake etc. And an 8 ft brush hog. are these about the right size tools for the tractor? I don't plan to have wheel spacers and would like to cover my tracks when doing things.
The width with R4's should be around 68 inches (at least that's what the 4x20's are)m so 6 foot implements should be about right. The 8 foot bush hog should be fine, as long as it isn't too heavy to lift comfortably. If it worked on your 4510 you should be good to go.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts