Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you guys know I just got a 3033r with cab.

All tires will be filled.

Mainly used for finish mowing all summer, and plowing a 1/2 mile gravel driveway in the winter. (Loader Mounted HLA 2000 72" plow, and rear 54" snowblower from my old 1025r for backup in nasty drifts.)

I also maintain the 1/2 mile gravel drive. (Uphill grad) only steep in a single 100 foot section, however it is completely straight with no turns.

And odd trip into the old logging roads to grab wood.

I will not be running chains in the winter.

R4's or Turfs????

·
Administrator
17,263 Posts
Turf tires are better for mowing and snow removal without chains, but thinner and not as stiff for heavy loader work. It's a tough decision to make...

·
Registered
12,508 Posts
Do the 3033r turfs have multiple positions just like the r1 and r4 to widen the wheel width?
Good question, same wheels I would think, just different tire. I should add that I'm not personally a fan of turfs, I said that based on what you said you'd be doing. R4's are much heavier and more rugged, but you would more than likely need to chain up for winter, but you have a gravel driveway so I wouldn't see an issue other than initial cost.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
R4.

They won't make your tractor look like an oversized lawn tractor.

If you do get turfs, get a good set of chains for the rear tires... serious traction.

·
Registered
11,752 Posts
me i say #chains rule-but thats me:lol: i put r-4s on my 2520 tractor-because of the loader work i wanted to do. but ur gonna need rear loaded tires and a ballast box on top of that IMO to run that loader plow--and i have seen a lot of fellas who run front chains with a loader plow setup--then ur gonna need wheel spacers probably front i would imagine and maybe rear too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts